My troll thread of the year....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BuffaloPhysco, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

This is something I always found interesting. This is actually the first year that Sanchez is statistically better in the 2nd half, if I remember correctly both of his first two years he had around a 10 point higher QB rating in the 1st half than the 2nd, with numbers picking back up after the 2 minute warning.

I just like to blame Schotty instead for the slow starts :smile:

2. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Shit just got real.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Can a mod re-name this thread: Fizzco's Thread of the Year.

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

The batman suited him so well though.

5. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

The old Fitz/Sanchez debate. Fact is both QB'S suit THEIR respective teams well. Fitz seems to have great commorodity (sp?) with this offensive and he has the smarts to run a complicated Gailey offense. That and once we lock up Stevie and Freddy (apparently a deal is in the works right now for a new reconstructed contract) this team will continue to feed off the chemistry that has them playing at a high level.

That is one thing I feel that is holding Sanchez from being better then he could. Who were the WR's his rookie year....Cotchery and Coles? then Holmes and Edwards and now Holmes and Plexico (who appears to just be a one year rental?) Qb's perform better when they have the same group to practice with every year.

6. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

I think you guys underestimate Chan Gailey as a playcaller. If the game plan was as easy as shutting down Stevie and putting all the focus on stopping Freddie then why is this team 5-2 scoring 41,38,27,13,24,24 and 23 offensive points? Chan is going to put guys in position to make plays and attack your weakness. I dont know if we'll win this game, but I do know our offense wont be completely shut down.

7. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

His rooke year started with cotchery and a couple piles of shit. Then they got Edwards after 4 games.

8. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Why do I get the feeling your basing this off stats? Dareus as a rookie has seen double teams on every snap he takes.........plus add in the fact that he played 6 games as a 3-4 DE which dont put up a ton of snaps at that position. I dont think that you knew this?

9. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

see Alex Smith

10. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

While I think Revis will shut-down Stevie Johnson, I actually wouldn't be surprised if Johnson has a few catches on Revis, maybe even a score? He seems like the type of WR that could give Revis trouble: not big but very shifty, runs crisp routes, and has YAC ability -- this is a skillset that Revis just isn't accustomed to guarding. On the other hand, each WR-matchup that I think could give Revis trouble, winds up not giving him trouble.

Realistically, against Revis, I can see Johnson snagging several passes, getting around 45-55 yards, but not reaching the endzone UNLESS Fitzpatrick finds him on the few plays when someone else (*coughCROcough*) is guarding him.

11. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

12. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

[​IMG]

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Yea Im sure Stevie Fucking Johnson will give Revis more trouble then people like Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson have.

14. The Uniform Bomber

I don't know why it's so farfetched to think that Johnson could catch a few passes, maybe a bubble-screen or some kind of pick-route in which he gains some YAC? Or if Fitzpatrick dares to test Revis in the redzone (the way Moore did), why it's unthinkable that Johnson could sneak into the endzone on a missed tackle?

As I said, I doubt he scores and gets more than 40 yards against Revis, but I wouldn't be surprised if he hits this number.

15. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Whats up with all these receivers named Johnson?:buffaloblows:

16. The Uniform Bomber

Well if you read what I wrote, I explained why, but I'll give it another whirl.

As elite as those guys are, they're not as quick & shifty as Johnson; they're bigger, stronger, and more physically dominant, and that's the type of skillset Revis is used to guarding. Johnson almost seems more like a slot-WR with his skillset, so sheer unfamiliarity might give Revis more trouble -- especially if they start moving Johnson around and Revis isn't using the sideline like he does against all of those other elite WRs.

Revis is the best CB I've ever seen, i.e., that I've actually myself been able to watch. And while Johnson most likely gets added to the Island, I think it's a more interesting matchup than a lot of people are giving it credit for.

17. The Uniform Bomber

Haha, I just realized in my most recent post that I was speaking about Johnson (Stevie) in the context of two other Johnsons. Fuck it; I think it was clear.

18. foreboding

foreboding Member

I think if the Bills can bait the Jets into using Revis on Stevie all day, he wont catch many balls, if gets open, Fitz will throw it to him. Revis is very, very good. One of the best ever IMO. but Fitz throws to a ton of receivers and this is why I think you will need a big game from Cro, especially if Donald Jones returns.

Granted these are young WR's and we are talking about the vaunted Jets secondary, but I am not sure to say that the Bills cannot effectively attack them. Chan is a very talented play caller and he a Fitz are constantly making adjustments and running a boat load of formations and plays.

19. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Did you read this thread?

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=68649

You should. I'm not convinced that the Bills offence, significantly improved though it is, is smart enough to unlock this on anything other than the odd occasion. Again, we're back to the point that the Bills will live or die this weekend by their running game.

20. laxin

laxin Active Member

Do you not remember Revis guarding anyone on the Patriots??? All of there receivers are "shifty, crisp route runners" and Revis shut them down. He's proved he can guard ANYONE on this planet. Simple as that.

Stevie Johnson who is an average #1 receiver and will be shutdown. He may gain some yards if there's a missed tackle or pick of something, but you can count on him being insignificant for the most part.

And to a previous post about how "everyone says its so easy to stop the bills offense which is to stop stevie johnson and stop fjax and we are 5-2 look how that worked out blah blah blah"- We have Darrelle Revis. Not sure if you've heard of him, but he can cover anyone and make it look easy. He would not be so valuable to the Jets defense if everyone had someone that can do what he does. Because of his ability to shutdown anyone, we can now put another safety elsewhere whether it be in coverage, or in this games case, probably in the box to try and stop the run.

The Jets passing game matches up very well against the Bills passing game and bc of this they should be able to provide some help against the run