Week 9- Jets @ Bills Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BK_Jetsfan, Oct 31, 2011.

1. twown

twown Well-Known Member

i'm a jets fan who knows more about the jets, and cares more about the jets, than anyone i care about and 77% of the people that post on this site.

having said that: the bills are fucking cool as shit. this is hard to say, but i am so down with the bills.

they're playing out in the middle of fucking bumfuck nowhere with no names, no studs, no FA's who want to go there, no juice, no swag, nothing... that shit is hard fucking core. if i wasn't married to the jets, i would love the bills. i would love fitz and fred and chan. those guys are SO easy to love.

but the jets have been in my DNA since bobby jackson, so no chance.

but it's like this:

JETS!

bils...

AIDS...

phishpats

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Not to take away from what the Bills have done but I think they're still flawed enough that a breakaway is not going to happen at this point. The part of the team that is working is Fitzpatrick and Jackson and the offensive line. The receivers have all contributed but it's Fitzpatrick's distribution that has made the offense special, that and Jackson having an amazing season with 1,074 yards from scrimmage in 7 games.

The rest of the team is kind of along for the ride, the shutout against the Redskins notwithstanding.

3. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

....What?

(77%filler)

4. twown

twown Well-Known Member

cool thing about this site: scroll up and re-read.

if you still don't understand, maybe pm or esl?

5. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Really excited to see the Dareus/Mangold matchup.

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

twown, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

7. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Billy Madison reference. Well done.

8. MeanGreenfightingmachine

yes, but to be fair, he was engaging in a educated discussion. He used stats to back up his points. Everybody chose to ignore that part.

To add to that, the Jets wins have come off of teams with a combined 9-20 record. The Bills wins have come from teams with a combined 19-16 record.

9. MeanGreenfightingmachine

Inheriting a Cowboys team that went 5-11 the year before Chan was the Head coach and 6-10 the year after Chan left... but made the playoffs both years Chan was there. He inherited over-the-hill past their primes players and got the best out of them. The ONLY reason he was fired is because he didn't get along with Troy Aikman, a mistake that Jerry Jones admits to this day.

10. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

If Mangold nullified Wilfork and other big boys Dareus/Mnagold match up is the least of the Bills worries

11. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Yeah well the Pats suck so...?

12. MeanGreenfightingmachine

Losses to the Oakland Raiders, Baltimore Ravens and the Patriots.

The Raiders are 23rd in offensive yards, and 18th in scoring. The Ravens are 15th in offensive yards and 9th in scoring. The Patriots are 3rd in yards, and 6th in scoring.

Ok, so you like the Jets D against anybody? They couldn't stop the Raiders who have a less-than-average offense, and the Ravens who are mediocre as well this year. The Pats are the pats.

The Bills, by the way, are 13th in yards, and 4th in scoring (1st in the AFC). So compared to the teams that the Jets lost to, the Bills are the best (aside from the Patriots, who they are currently tied with, and currently outscoring)... and before you say "the Bills are the best, what are these guys smoking" I want you to go back and read the stats that I just showed you, then I want you to tell me how the 4th best scoring offense is not better than the rest of the opponents the Jets have lost to.

Let's take this one step further:

The teams that the Jets beat:

Dallas Cowboys 20th scoring offense, 10th in yards

Miami Dolphins 29th scoring offense, 27 in yards

Jacksonville Jaguars 31st scoring offense 32 in yards

San Diego Chargers 17th in points and 9th in yards

So, the Jets have beaten the worst in the league while losing to 2 average teams, and the Patriots

13. foreboding

foreboding Member

Good post, the facts will set people free. Not sure what kept him from getting another look as a HC after Dallas, he clearly did very well with a team that over-achieved with him.

Look, I like Rex, he is damn good TV and before last year, I was jealous that the Jets got him. He also get the most out of his players. But I REALLY like Chan Gailey, I think the Bills struck gold getting him. Right now, I would not trade him for any coach, he knows offense, the players love him and he is a 110% class act.

Aikman himself admitted during last weeks telecast that Chan got the most out of a "Declining bunch of aging veterans."

14. foreboding

foreboding Member

If Mangold can single block Dareus, it will help your defense a ton. Last week was his first in the nose, and he was a force, freed up everyone else and he also got 2.5 sacks himself.

15. MeanGreenfightingmachine

desperation move? Have you seen Dareus? Everytime he lined up at NT he was a force, including 2.5 sacks last week and run stuffing all game long. C'mon son.

16. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

If you don't think there's a world of difference between Erik Cook and Nick Mangold, then I don't know what to tell you. Mangold has handled the very best in the game singlehandedly and is widely accepted as being the best center in the league by some considerable distance. It would take a performance of epic proportions by Dareus to succeed where the likes of Wilfork and Ratliff have failed.

17. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

The Baltimore loss was not on the defense. They let up 10 points, the rest was from Sanchez and company. So they let up a decent amount of points to Oakland and a Patriots team that was putting up points at an outrageous rate.

The Bills beat a Chiefs team in shambles, allowed those same Raiders to score a ton of points only after a second half comeback at home to win, the Eagles were terrible early on, John Beck is trash and they beat Brady after he throws four picks, which is he has done like twice in his career. An exception, not the norm. And lost to a Giants team, granted they were away, but the Giants don't scare anyone.

18. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Was the Baltimore game on past your bedtime? Did you not see the offense give the Ravens 24 points?

And the Raiders offense was top ten in the league up until last week when they lost their starting quarterback and started Kyle Boller for Christ's sake.

By the way, the Raiders offense pretty much benefitted from 3 big plays. I think they had something like four 3 and outs in a row in that game.

Do you watch the games or just look at box scores and stats form yahoo.com?

Seriously, wtf is this garbage?

19. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wut

20. MeanGreenfightingmachine

You have an excuse for everything. Fact: Jet's 4 wins are against teams with a combined 9-20 record. Bills wins are against teams with a combined 19-16 record.