Week 9- Jets @ Bills Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BK_Jetsfan, Oct 31, 2011.

1. cooterhooter

cooterhooter Banned

Can't wait to go to the game. Buffalo is a very young well coached team that has big play capability on both sides of the lines. Looking forward to Buffalo remaining in first place in the AFC East after the game. Anyone making the trip?

2. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

FWIW, We are moving Marcell Dareus to NT this week. Im kinda excited to see how that will turn out.

Also Donald Jones (#2) WR will likely be playing this week. Not that he's a threat or anything lol. It will allow Spiller to lineup in the slot though.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Dareus is as good as advertised, but Mangold is now healthy and will be able to deal with the impressive young kid.

Jones might have Wilson on him, and Cromartie takes Spiller because they're both speedsters who lack technique.

4. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Interesting, I would have figured Wilson would be on Spiller and Cromartie on Jones. We'll see, eitehr way I expect Spiller to do something this week. He might be our best matchup to exploit.

5. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

It will be interesting to see how Cromartie and Wilson are used. Wilson is turing into the real deal. He's the Jets nickel who could start on most teams and on a select few be their number 1.

6. RevisCromartieisland

nick mangold
    also, who cares?

7. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I like Dareuss a lot but the Bills would be foolish to just leave him on Nick Mangold the whole game. Im sure he will see some snaps at NT but I would expect to see him all over the line.

8. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Sounds like a desperation move with Kyle Williams out indefinitely. Hope it doesn't work out for you.

9. laxin

laxin Active Member

So maybe Dareous is a little bit of a downgrade from kyle williams, in either case Im not worried in the slightest whos playing NT when Mangolds healthy, unless its Ngata.

All three of our corners probably have as good of hands as CJ spiller, especially Revis and Cro, add that in with the fact that he's knew to the position, Im not worried. As long as Wilson can stay with him speedwise, I dont see much of a threat.

I would like to say that Buffalo's TE will be the one to do us damage, but Chandler is no Gates or Witten and has been only effective within ten yards of the endzone.

Once again, it comes down to containing, key word containing- not shut down, but if we give him no huge gains and contain him, I say we win by 7+ points. If we cant contain Buffalos running game, its gonna be a close one.

10. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Wow dude. Who pissed in your Cheerios???

11. RevisCromartieisland

how did he do against the only good run defense he's played against all year?

66 yards with 3.9 y/c? treating him like a top 5 back is delusional horseshit. get over yourself

12. Rex'sFavoriteFoot

Rex'sFavoriteFoot New Member

With Williams out then, and Dareus getting owned by Mangold, we could definitely see a nice 100 yard rushing day for Greene. Which is essentially our key to success. I do expect the Jets to take some shots down field in this game though. Lets just hope Schotty doesn't over-complicate things.

13. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

He is a top 5 back this season and the rest of the NFL agrees with me on that point.

14. RevisCromartieisland

7 game sample size against terrible defenses. awesome argument.

15. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

I always thought Fred Jackson was a good back. Always underrated, but top 5 might be a little bit of a stretch. Absolutely he could be at the end of the season, but the sample size is still a little too small. He's been a staple on my fantasy teams for a few years now.

16. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Fred Jackson got completely assraped by the Giants defense, except he had one play where the Giants incompotent players simply effed up and he gained 80 yards.

Take that play out and he had a monster 2.67 ypc against the giants.

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Laughing at fans who come on here and talk like they are playing in the game...."see you on Sunday"

You coming to my house?.......expect a shit sandwich.

18. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Agreed. He's been always an underrated RB

I actually drafted Fred Jackson with my 17th pick in FF. Biggest steal of the draft:metal:

19. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

And if you tak out his other 15 rushes, he had no yards and 0.00 ypc.

I like Freddie, he has been a great story buit I don't think he deserves to be paid like a top back. Compared to his performance, his contract is crappy which is why I think we will franchise tag him next season and then let him walk after 2012. He's overated at times and he's underated at times. He doesn't have the athleticsm or talent of a Forte or A.D but he runs as smooth as anyone. I would have him around the 10th best back in the league right now.

20. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Well I feel like we'll be able to take away the pass but we can't let Fred Jackson destroy us on the ground. I think we win this game if we give Sanchez enough time in the pocket to get the ball to the receivers.