Week 9- Jets @ Bills Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BK_Jetsfan, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

With your personnel? Runs, short passes to the Tight ends, and lots of passes to the Backs.

Don't even try throwing on Revis.

Not exactly a great way to put up a ton of points. But there is hope.

2. carolinabillsfan

carolinabillsfan New Member

That seems to be the exact same offensive strategy Buffalo uses every week. Lots of spread 5-wide formations with quick passes (slants, outs, ins, jerk cuts). The Bills screen game has been very good so far this year too.

I don't think this game will be the walk in the park that some of you think it will be. Buffalo's offense isn't the highest scoring in the AFC because they're simple to contain.

3. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

And not one of those said, we have the first round bye locked up.

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Devito and Pace (mostly Pace) totally lost the edge, horrible. It was a textbook situation on how to lose containment on one of the best RB's in the league.

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

No Jets game is a walk in the part. (Ask who Brian Schottenheimer is.) Jets just find a way to play grind-it-out game against even the easiest opponent you can imagine.

6. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Hey jerk off what does the big bolded word mean in that sentence? It isn't a declaration. Do you eat rocks for lunch?

7. InRevisWeTrust

InRevisWeTrust New Member

It's all about setting the edge. Fred Jackson is the obvious key to this game. He will be a huge challenge for our defense both in the ground game and in the passing game.

8. foreboding

foreboding Member

You guys may not watch many Bills games. Fred is a fantastic blocker, which is in part why Fitz rarely gets touched.

9. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

fred jackson runs extremely well out of shotgun-type spread formations and our run D struggles mightily when our base defense isnt on the field ... we need to sacrifice the pass rush a bit and keep the horses in

he also catches the ball really well and can line up in the slot and do damage ... its not going to be easy to stop him, at all

brad smith also cause a bunch of headaches in short yardage situations

having said that, if we contain the big plays from jackson, i dont think their receivers can hurt us down the field while steive j is on vacation for the day

on offense, the jets should be able to move the ball quite well against buffalo ... sanchez struggles when he doesnt have time to throw but buffalos pass rush is suspect and so is their secondary. weve run the ball very well against the bills the past few years, and although dareus is a good young player, mangold should be about the healthiest hes been all season and kyle williams is out

this is a matchup of two very good red zone offenses ... the defense that can hold the other team to more FGs will win IMO, and i think that the jets are better suited to do that

10. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

No you are right. Because you don't. The Packers don't. Just the fact that you are even talking about it as a strong possibility sitting at 4-3 is laughable.

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Offer something more. If you want to troll, go to JI.

12. DirtSalad

DirtSalad New Member

I would keep trying to get the ball to Jackson in the passing game. Our backers are atrocious in coverage and also some of the slowest in the league. They have been doing a good job of this so far but the jets defense is the best they have played by far (Cincinnati has been overachieving)

13. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

They're the highest scoring in the AFC because they've played tomato cans all year.

Kansas City? 18th in the league, played them when they were in shambles early on.
    Oakland? Terrible. 25th in the league.
    New England? Terrible. Absolute bottom of the barrel. 32nd.
    Cincinnati? Top 10 defense, lost.
    New York Giants? 16th in defense. Medicore. Lost.
    Eagles? 11th in defense, played them when they were in shambles like the Chiefs.
    Redskins? 14th in the league, on a downward spiral.

Their opponents have an average defensive rating of 17th in the league. That's why they're the highest scoring team. Especially when they caught Kansas City and Philadelphia at the perfect times.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Yep.

Its about Matchups.

The Jets matchup well with the bills when it comes to what each team does well offensively and defensively.

It's a division rivalry, so I expect it to be a close game. But the Jets have the advantage if you look at both teams in the past 3 weeks.

John Beck fucking sucks.

15. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

What? Because the average defense we played is 17th is why we are the highest scoring offense in the conference? That doesn't make sense. If the average defense was 30th or worse, that might make sense. Additionally, we still scored 20 and 24 in the games we lost. Its not like they shut us down.

#75 WhysoSerious?, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  16. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

With the exception being the Ravens game:

Jets 24 - Oak 34
    Jets 21 - Pats 30

So it looks much the same as Buff. Except Balt is ranked 1st or something in total defense.

So the Jets are 13th in scoring and Buff is 4th.

17. carolinabillsfan

carolinabillsfan New Member

All in all I think it'll be a great game between two very promising and hungry teams. I think the crowd at the ralph will give the Bills an advantage... but I see this one coming down to the wire. Despite being a Bills fan I'll say

Jets 24
    Bills 21

18. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

whoever revis is covering, pretend he isnt there. or if you go at revis.. short comebacks, or slants. almost impossible to beat him deep.

keep pounding fred jackson on the edges, because the jets have fucked up a bunch of times allowing huge gains.

throw to the tight end.

19. Rex'sFavoriteFoot

Rex'sFavoriteFoot New Member

Though being a die hard Jets fan, i try to be as un-bias as possible (Though it is hard). I think that Buffalo will struggle mightily when it comes to their passing game. Obviously, Stevie J. will be covered all day by one Revis Christ. Nelson and Roosevelt are not good. Nelson might not even be back yet but i guess Cromartie would be on him. The passing game's X-Factor will be Chandler. We can struggle on TEs so hopefully it won't be a problem.

If Fred Jackson is on then we could be in trouble but i think we will be okay. I mean we have had ample time to plan against Jackson so you'd assume we will stop him but who knows.

Offensively we need to pass it out, and hopefully Sanchez worked with his wideouts a bit so their timing will be more on.

All in all, I think we have a great shot to win this game.
    Give me the Jets:24 Bill:14
    Good luck Buffalo, it'll be fun.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The passing game should work off the running game next sunday, especially with Kyle Williams hurt.