Week 9- Jets @ Bills Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BK_Jetsfan, Oct 31, 2011.

1. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Surprised this hasn't been done yet (and if it has, feel free to merge). Both teams come in riding a high from big wins. I get that the Bills are better than they have been, but I'm still not buying into them as a true contender. I think it can be a tough, close, low-scoring game. Jets by 3 is my prediction.

2. DeutschlandFan

DeutschlandFan New Member

This game is very winnable, but it will certainly not be easy to play in front of what is sure to be a very loud crowd up in Buffalo.
    I think that if the Jets can score first to put the pressure on Buffalo early and quiet down the crowd, the defense will be able to carry them the rest of the way. If Buffalo starts quickly and puts the Jets in a hole early on, I think it could make for a long day considering the inconsistency of the offense coupled with just coming off of a bye week.

I say Jets 23-17

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets show Buffalo who is boss 31-13 Jets.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

It was hard enough winning in Buffalo when the Bills sucked, nevermind when they're a decent team. This is going to be a close ugly game.

Bills 27
    Jets 24

5. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Buffalo usually gives up a lot of yards, but the Jets rarely come out firing on all cylinders on offense...

The Jets' DBs shouldn't really have an issue with the Bills WRs or TE but Buffalo has found a way to get Fred Jackson into the open field this year. Also, Fitzpatrick is mobile and has given the Jets trouble in the past.

The biggest issue for NY is that Buffalo's players come out and play their best football all game....the Jets have not been able to show us that as a team and a coaching staff, they're capable of putting together 60 minutes of their best football.

If they do that, they'll dust the Bills...if they play the way they have so far this season, they'll lose.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Jets gotta come out and strike early. Run the ball, keep their offense off the field, and I think this can be a 24 - 10 type game. Revis needs to keep Stevie in check and then sell out to stop F.Jax.

I'm not really worried about the other WRs on Buffalo because our 2 other corners are much more talented than the #2/#3 WRs on Buffalo.

7. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Haven't the Bills had to come back from big deficits twice? They're not a 60 minute team either.

8. DeutschlandFan

DeutschlandFan New Member

Most likely. And the uglier the Jets can make this game, the better their chances of winning it. I will be very concerned if it looks early on as if this game is going to lead any highlight show reels.

9. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I think Fitzpatrick is just confident enough to take Revis on, and their lack of other decent receiving options might give him no choice if the Jets use one to one coverage and put eight in the box to stop the run. The Bills' D isn't good enough to keep the Jets out all day, if the Jets' D turns up then we win this one without Sanchez needing to do anything special.

10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

The Jets offense will have to play like its minutes before the 2minute warning throughout the entire game.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

If the Jets can run the ball and stop the run, I think we win big.

Fjax is their only option on offense after Revis shuts down stevie johnson, so im hoping with 8 men in the box the Jets can hold Fjax to 80 yards or so- I think thats possible. He's not a speed back like DMC so we should be able to contain the outside on most plays- the defense just cant miss tackles like we've seen this season

After watching the Giants vs Bills game, I definitely think that if we limit the big explosive plays, the Jets can shut their Offense down

12. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Isn't their TE having a really good receiving year this year? That concerns me. And Jackson does also. I hope Ellis (yes I'm a homer) is playing this week and we run more 3-4/4-3 hyrbids.

13. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Without looking, how old do you guys think FJax is?

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

IMO this has evolved into the biggest game of the year. a swing game where if the jets win they just may go on a nasty and take a top 1-2 seed going into january.

a loss and we are bickering/bitching on here ad nauseum .

15. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Ha.. he's 30. I only know because of fantasy football really.

16. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

ST: Jets
    Defense: Jets
    Offense: Tie?

All in all Buffalo is a greatly coached up team should be tough but 24-17 Jets. Time for our defense to put together to good games. Get back into Wildcard action. We need to control our destiny and start winning. Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cinncinati all 5-2 I believe or near there 5-3 Then theirs our division. Gonna be a nail-biter year

17. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

This Buffalo team is a lot better than last years, and this Jets team is a bit weaker than last years. Should be a closer game than most think. Greene better be on his A game if the Jets want a win.
    24-23 Jets

18. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

The have to keep the crowd at bay by coming out strong. Keep the 3 and outs coming at a steady pace on defense and put points on the board for the offense. Rattle fitzy early and often to keep him off his A game. Secondary should be solid so that leaves stuffing the run as the other key to a Jets victory. Jets pull this one out 24-20. I am glad the bye week is over and we can get back to football. J!-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

19. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

26-13 Jets Victory

We stop the run, Revis shuts down Stevie, Bills offense doesn't know what to do. Our offense sluggishly scores 26 with a combination of getting good field position off of punts and a few sustained drives against Buffalo's 26th ranked defense.

20. icecreamtruck

icecreamtruck Member

Bills are favored in Vegas by 1.5 pts.