17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Today was a great day. Perfect fall weather. 1PM games are the best. Great for tailgating, great to watch the game. Big win heading into the bye week.

Wish the Pats game coming up was a day game too.

2. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I had a great time at the game with the little ones, the perfect weather and the win did help.

#12662 GrindHouse, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Great vibe today, could feel it in the lot, walking into the stadium and everywhere. And the team responded. God, I love winning, great fall weather and live football. Need a break, can you imagine beating the Bills and having the Pats lose one of two with a Sunday night game at our house. Gonna enjoy this win for now

4. JetsSec337Lot13B

Great atmosphere yesterday at the stadium. The crowd was pumped up and probably the loudest day time crowd in the new place. Only complaint was the lines at the Pepsi gate with the metal detector. What normally takes me 20-25 minutes to get into the stadium took me 45 minutes.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i was on the shady side with a tshirt and my jersey. iwas not cold at all

6. rgoltsch

rgoltsch New Member

Metal detectors? I miss one game and they start using these?

7. SAR I

SAR I Member

Nah, I guess someone got wanded?

Ever since Tasergate they've been frisking more aggressively and asking every person to show their cellphones, nothing more.

SAR I

8. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

This high security thing will be watered down by December. They are only doing this for show and still never care to check my daughter's bag for weapons or other items that shouldn't be brought into the stadium.

9. sg3

sg3 Banned

cellphone check and turnon was the only difference I noted

and it was more than made up for on the positive side by removal of the separate lanes for males and females in which hundreds of guys had long waits while the 12 babes on the line marched right up to the gate

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

No, the new thing now is no more then 20 oz. bottle of water. If its anymore, they take it away. Those SOB's made me chuck mine, they want you to run out so ypo have to buy some.

11. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I went through the gate near the Jets Store and didn't have to go through the metal detectors. Looked in my bag and a pat down and I was through. No problems.

12. no psls

no psls Banned

Question: For people with seats on the shade side of the stadium, was it cold over there during the Chargers game? Not trying to be D'ck. I have legitimate need for information on the topic.

For the first time, I took my wife to a regular season game.

Some of her quotes: "I loved it." "It is much better in real life." "I want to bring [our daughter when she is older] and tailgate.

I have been seriously considering picking up some seats in the family section if it looks like more of us will be going to games. Our current seats (which I share with a friend) are in the sunny side and it was very nice today. As the sun went down, the temp seemed to drop quickly.

It was a little chilly when the sun wasn't out. I had long johns and a sweatshirt and was comfortable in SEC 332 . I'm probably going to die when the temp hits 20 or below in these seats .

#12672 no psls, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  13. sg3

sg3 Banned

when the temp hits 20 or below it will be cold in all the seats that aren't indoor club seats.

If you mean the alcohol free section in Mezz B by "family seats" those will be better because you'll be able to see players with numbers on the field and you won't need parachutes or oxygen

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Since the family section seems to be tucked far beneath the roof in the Mezz, that might also cut down on the wind. Maybe someone who's sat over there can confirm/deny. Also, are there family sects on both ends? One could be windier than the other. CHECK.

I think the wind factor is even more important than the sun factor because when the team is good there aren't really that many 1PM games where the sun is a factor for much more than one half of a game. Less wind is FAR more important in keeping your ladies happy (I should say "happier" 'cause its impossible to keep them happy all the time)

My previous stadiums (plural, Shea too) were underneath overhangs which not only kept us dry, also seemed to cut some wind, and the windchill that comes with it.

15. F WOODY

F WOODY New Member

F woody ...

16. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

no it was fine

17. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

While the season is far from over, we have completed our sales of our LLEZ seats for the rest of the season. Because of travel time to/from the stadium (and having to work the next day), we don't go to night games. Thus, we sold the Dallas, Miami and Patriots games. In addition, Giants game on Christmas Eve didn't work for either of us as we will be visiting relatives out of town.

Results:
    - As expected, the preseason seats were a total loss. We decided to donate our tickets to charity and will take the tax deduction.
    - For the Cowboys, Giants, and Patriots, we got $250 per seat (2) including one yellow parking pass.
    - For the horrific Miami MNF game, we got $160 per seat (2) including a parking pass. Thankfully, we dumped the seats before they went completely in the tank.

Just like last year, there was little or no opportunity to "get rich" selling LLEZ on the secondary market. Nevertheless, after SH took its cut, we had enough profit to make the 15 year PSL payment + absorb most of the after-tax loss on the pre-season seats.

In terms of pricing strategy, we didn't to get greedy or to develop elaborate schemes to maximize our profits. With the exception of the Dolphins fiasco, we set the price based last year's demand for "big" games and got the price we wanted. Had we waited to sell, we might have made more or we might have made less - didn't really care. We just wanted to sell the tickets we couldn't use without much fuss.

Bottom Line: We are very happy with our seats and the opportunity to get rid of seats we cannot use.

BTW - Don't forget - the PSL Payments are due by the 1st.

#12677 Digetydog, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  18. bbombers1985

bbombers1985 Active Member

Digetydog I'm right there with you - LLEZ 123. Had similar results and also probably will not attend another regular season home game this season. I'm on the 5 year PSL payment plan. Can't wait to see what the market is in 5 years. If it's great, I'll sell and buy tickets online. If it's crappy, I'll just keep buying the tickets.

19. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I used the 15 year payment plan "payment" as a basis b/c I figure the 15 year life of the PSL is about "right" in determining the true cost of the PSL on an annual basis.

Nevertheless, I opted for the 5 year plan b/c I didn't want to deal with making that many small payments.

As for the value, the Jets have already raised the price of LLEZ PSL's up to $4,000 for our sections. While I don't know if we could get that in the open market, I am pretty sure we could get back our $2,500 per seat.

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I used the one year plan. You buy a ticket for all 10 games and you go to all 10 games. SB made no money, I donated nothing and I had fun watching football and eating. In 5 years from now, I will buy 10 more tickets and go to 10 more games unless I can't afford it. Then I will do nothing.