Marshall has been the only receiver I have seen give Revis trouble

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

No mention of Dez Bryant? I remember him giving Revis a little trouble before he got hurt.

2. The_W

The_W Banned

Umm, what? One catch for 26 yards is trouble?

Bryant also had only three catches in the whole game, a slant against Bryan Thomas which went for 42 yards and the three yard TD grab against Cro who gave no effort againts Dez to even defend the pass.

I wouldn't call that a dominating performance, albeit he did get hurt, but we can play the "if" -game with anything.

3. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

I meant it as an "if" thing anyway, I never said he dominated anyone, it just looked like before he got hurt Revis was putting some serious effort into trying to slow him down because Dez Bryant is a dominating receiver when healthy. Worth mentioning at least.

4. AirGreen20

AirGreen20 New Member

Lol Revis the Man!! without question, But i will Say Megatron who only had 1 catch vs revis last year (Stafford was out) could give revis a good match up, stafford would def take shots at revis and i think Megatron can snag a few catches that only HE can make. Overall I think our boy and his Island would still prevail...

P.S Revis became the Best CB during Mangini's last year as the Coach. He didn't get his props due to the Defense being Horrible that year, but u can see he was in his own class, which is why when Rex first arrived he said that Revis is the BEST in the league.

5. sg3

sg3 Banned

Revis won't have any problems with any of the Charger receivers ---

nor any wide receiver anywhere at this point in his career

Revis is playing in his own league a level above all the other guys

6. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

maybe we should have went after joseph instead of cromartie

(edit: although, that was impossible because the texans signed him before we signed cro...i meant as a backup plan to aso, they should have talked with both)

7. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

stafford got hurt in the 4th quarter with 5 minutes left, so no, he was not out and had 55 minutes to get megatron the ball

8. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Not only this, but I have my doubts about the severity of the bryant "injury"

Take a look, if you can, at the feature where Revis was miked up, which shows this pretty clearly.

9. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Really? Doubting it's a real injury? Now this is just ridiculous.
    People said the same thing about Revis faking his injury because he could play the next few weeks after too calling it saying he faked it after getting burned by Moss, which is stupid as hell to say too. It's something you can play with and just hinders your ability to go 100%.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I thought the Dez Bryant injury was a conditioning problem? I'd swear I heard one of the announcers during the game say that Bryant looked winded after his fast start.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He had cramps in week 1, but everyone had cramps in week 1.

Dez is an immense talent with a 14 year old maturity. I can see him not being in elite football shape.

12. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

I thought so too, it's ridiculous for a professional athlete to have such bad cramps that it would affect him a week afterwards just one quarter into a game.

13. Hooterdawg

Hooterdawg New Member

I wonder if Marshall will be trade bait if they blow up the Dolphins again. The Jets could really use him....practicing against Revis, imagine how good he could be against the rest of the league. Oh, and imagine how he might improve Revis' game...