Marshall has been the only receiver I have seen give Revis trouble

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Oct 17, 2011.

1. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

Moss did nothing against Revis Christ.

2. DanR

DanR Active Member

I looked on youtube and could only find that one play. For some reason I thought he got the best of him.

False alarm.

3. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

If you made a montage of all the times Revis has been burned, Marshall will take up the entire 6 seconds worth of clips.

4. InRevisWeTrust

InRevisWeTrust New Member

It's quite ironic, but I think tonight was the worst game I have seen Revis play in 3 years under Rex - and it came during what was a pretty absurd game in the highlight statistics.

Marshall got the best of Revis on several occasions. I cannot recall any other receiver doing this on any sort of consistent basis. Sure, many of the routes were virtually indefensible, but it seems that Revis usually manages to somehow stick to his man in these situations. Props to Marshall.

#24 InRevisWeTrust, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  5. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

I would even almost sign him to be honest. Anyone who can trick Revis and manage to get open at this point has a worthy resume.

6. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I'm excited to see Revis cover Hakeem Nicks -- should be a very physical matchup.

7. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

This was the first game that Revis actually had the ball thrown his way so many times and i think he did a hell of a job. 2 interceptions, 1 for a td.

8. Laszlo Kovacs

Laszlo Kovacs Active Member

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

This wasn't a negative to Revis. I was just pointing out that Marshall is the only receiver I have ever seen that has given Revis trouble. And only slight amount of trouble

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

when did Marshall give Revis trouble last year?

Marshall played pretty well last night, he pushed off badly for those first 2 recs but he did a good job against revis.

the only other player I saw give revis trouble was reggie Wayne in 2009.

#30 nyjunc, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  11. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I don't think ironic is the right word. Brandon Marshall is a beast when he is on. Revis allowed what 4 receptions for like 50 yards or something like that? He should have given up that TD as well. Revis actually played like a mortal last night. how much of that is marshall playing that well, vs Revis playing 'poorly' I dont know. Regardless I feel like its more than awesome that we get to say through 6 games, revis has given up a whopping 7 receptions for like 60 yards. With 3 ints, and a 100 yard touchdown, he is the man. We can only hope we can make him a Jet for life and no contract disputes like the last one take place over the next couple years...

12. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

Amazing game by Marshall...is he on steroids? but the pick six shows what a great CB Revis is...that play with all that contact & Revis's positioning looked like an incompletion yet he kept on the play & picked it off...Miami had no choice but keep on going at the monster Marshall all game...I don't see any other team going at Revis again...the final outcome will always be to the Jets advantage...

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

In what world do we live in where a CB gives up 5 catches for 50 yards (Could have been a TD) against a freakish athlete and we are saying he looked mortal?

All the pundits (objective Fins fans) down here are saying the best player on the field by far, was Revis. FWIW

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

If Marshall wasn't a basketcase he'd be a top 5 WR in the NFL.

Good thing he's nuts :wink:

15. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

We all know that Revis is the best CB in the league, but let's not be delussional. You can't say that Marshall pushed off twice, when Revis could have been flagged for interference on the 100 yard td return. Marshall was having his way with Revis for a while. Give the guy credit and move on.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The push offs were a million times worse than Bradnon stumbling into revis. Marshall lost his footing and stumbled into Revis.

I give Marshall credit, he did a great job on Revis but his 2 biggest catches were ones where he pushed off w/ both arms to get seperation.

17. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

i said it in the game thread. They let Marshall push off, and they let Revis grab a little. the officials decided to let those two play, they let them go hard at each other, and both guys got away with stuff. I prefer it that way, just let the receivers and DB's play. when it gets out of hand and crazy bad, throw the flag, but hand fighting stuff should be allowed.

by the way, the flag Tone got was terrible. That throw was a mile over his head and he barely got touched. By rule, yes it was a flag, but if you want to call it that way, call the whole game that way. not just that one play.

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

"Having his way with", yeah ok.........I don't know why I am replying to that absurdity but oh well.

Notice how all of the catches were in front of Revis? 6'4" guys that outweigh Revis by 30 #'s should be able to do that every now and again. Good lord is your analysis ..............nevermind.

19. casman02

casman02 New Member

Are you sure it was even 5 catches? I could have sworn that the announcers said last night he only had 4. I remember the big play against Cromartie, but I am trying to think of another reception he had not against Revis

20. benhamean

benhamean Member

Marshall dropped one gimme touchdown and veered out of bounds when he was behind everybody thereby screwing up another TD.

If he didn't commit these unforced errors, he would have made Revis look decidedly more mortal last night.