aaron maybin is our best pass rusher

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetRizing89, Oct 17, 2011.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was at the game and I keyed on him. Fast without any moves at all. He only gets to the QB if they move right into him. He has zero moves, just runs fast to the QB and usually right past them. Lets hope he learns.

2. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

oh.....Sorry

won't he cost alots of muneez

3. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

Marshall sporting a #19 in New York I see it

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You, snorting 19 bumps of coke off of a homeless man's boner. I don't see it, but it most likely happened.

That's really the only reason you could come up with this shit.

5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

It being a homeless man really pushes this to a whole new level haha

6. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

On topic, you have to like Maybin's hustle and speed. In this short time he also shows a lot of tenacity and heart. Those are things you can not teach. You can teach technique and you can teach how to diagnose plays, you can not teach mental fortitude and speed. That is what I like.

What I don't like, are the very things mentioned in this thread as well. He has one move that is easy for an athletic LT to defend, really easy. He takes himself out of plays too much, while it is admirable that his speed/hustle never completely wash him out. Smart teams are just going to delay runs and or screen to his side all day long.............

He is still a keeper. I just hope that he can learn a move or two. He reminds me of a poor mans young J. Taylor. Again I am not saying he is going to be that good, that is ludicrous. JT was, terrible against the run his first year or 2 and was undersized and got hurt because of it.

Well anyway, with a little coaching hard work, weight room and an inside move, spin move etc etc. he can be a very good player,certainly good enough to remove that bust label.

#46 Miamipuck, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

WRONG.

Parcells once said: You can NEVER have enough pass rushers.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I really wanna see him sack Fitzpatrick twice in 3 weeks.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Pace needs a replacement.

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Shit, I am happy if Harris crushes him like Moore.....lol

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You could hear Moore's groan from Harris' hit through the TV. It was beautiful.

12. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Fuck Parcells in the butt

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

You would, wouldn't you, you little flamer.............lol

14. rock316nyj

rock316nyj Member

As said by a few people, yes he is incredibly raw and needs to work on using more than just a speed rush, however, how can you not love this guys potential especially in our defense?

No questioning his motor which has been non stop, or his natural speed rush ability, something we lack on defense. With our cover corners, and the way we blitz, Maybin makes a lot of sense in the defense, as we've seen him be able to make the play as it breaks down and go for the ball, but also in his ability to free blitzers. Every time I see him come off the edge I also see the Tackle try to counter his speed and push him upfield, creating a nice blitz lane.

At 23 years old, kid is amazing upside, as I've been saying since preseason. Yes he needs a lot of work, and to put on some LBS, but I still say he has the most natural pass rush ability on our team since Abraham and I trust Rex to bring it out of him.

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Maybin might be our best pass rusher but that has more to do with the sad state of the pass rush then it does Maybins ability. Maybin has been productive and he has already accomplished more in limited time then he has his first two years combined.

I'm pleasantly surprised by Maybin, the kid got a motor and is blazing fast. I'm now fairly confident this guy can become pretty productive in this D with this coaching staff. If he bulks up and can learn a pass rush move or two he can reach his potential he came into the league with.

16. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

I'm really impressed by him. Looking forward to more.

17. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Maybin has been great for us. He is not all-world as a player, but his hustle is. He chases people down and fucking tomahawks the ball out of peoples hands left and right.

As far as the draft, it really depends on who is there. This team still needs a lot of talent, so we still need to be BPA no matter what early on. If its an elite pass rusher, if its a future monster receiver, if there is a play-making safety available, if its the next all-pro lineman thats who I want. We need to add talent all over the field, and thats the truth.

That said, all things equal, my priority list would be

1. Rush OLB
    2. Receiver
    3. Safety

But you cant say PLax is worth resigning, he has dropped more passes than he has caught in the past month, and its a disaster so far.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

what I can say about Aaron is he has a nonstop motor, he has no ability to beat an OL other than running by him but he never stops and i love that.

19. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

This poor guy could feasibly have close to 10 sacks (2 so far) and a bunch of strips by years end (3 so far), and people will still say "he's all speed, can't do this, and can't do that".

Like it or not, OP is right...he is our best pass rusher right now.

20. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

The fact that Maybin was cut,, and then cut again by the Jets earlier this season is a joke. That guy definitely has a role in the NFL.