Is Cromartie worth his 4 year $32 million dollar contract?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Cromartie needs to pull his shit together. How the fuck was Branch left alone and Cromartie being 10+ yards away from him?

2. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Classic Cro.

He does it YET again.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Cro sure kicked some ass yesterday. In addition to the Hernandez near-TD-pass that was basically handed to him at the end of the first half, he looked like a retard in the endzone for the Branch TD, and if anybody is under the impression that he's trying to make any effort at all to stop runners, you can go ahead and toss that impression into the toilet and flush. There was a run to his side yesterday where the runner was brought down right in from of Cro, who had his hands on his hips looking down at him.

Not fucking worth it.

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

He is worth it about as much as Sanchez is worth his $14.75m salary for this year alone!

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The guy earned his contract against the JAGs in week 2. You think this team could be 2 and 3 without Cro?

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Then he should definitely give half his money to Dez Bryant and Miles Austin for raping him the week before and inspiring him to play at the All Pro level against the mighty Jags!

7. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I really hope this is a sarcastic post.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this guy is one of my least liked jets, simply because he is a fucking pussy. he still consistently does not make tackles and does everything he can to stay out of the way when a guy is coming at him. im tired of him and his pussy like play. someone needs to explain to him that one of his responsibilities is to tackle people. anyone saying he is better is delusional. he is a pussy and will always be a pussy.

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

He was doing better during preseason and the first game or two but he as been doing some bullshit lately. I was hoping he would jeep it going for the season but I guess he doesn't like to hit.

10. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

Another great move by that incredible GM of ours!

Keep lining his pockets their Woody!

11. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Let me do a quick "I told you so" update for week 6.

A few of you might remember me in the off season criticizing the move to keep Cromartie, then saying that I thought he was over paid.
    Some of you might also remember what I said we should do initially, before Cro was signed, in getting FA Carlos Rogers. Most of you disregarded this and said it was a bad option.

Here's a quick stat compairison between the two:

Antonio Cromartie
    Tackles:
    total - 17
    solo - 12
    ast - 5
    Interceptions:
    PDef - 3
    int - 3
    yds - 105
    TD - 0

Carlos Rogers
    Tackles:
    total - 13
    solo - 12
    ast - 1
    Interceptions:
    PDef - 7
    int - 3
    yds - 58
    TD - 1

Carlos Rogers contract is $4.2 mil/year, half of what Cro's is.

I would also debate that the stats Cro currently have are inflated due to poor performance on his part and the part of bad QB play via:
    The Oakland game where he amounted 6 of his solo tackles and 3 assisits due to the fact he was targeted often, and exposed for 4 quarters.
    Then the 2 int's and 63 yards were against Luke McCown who threw 4 picks that day and got benched for a rookie QB in Gabbert.

The part the stats don't show you but the part we have to watch nearly every sunday is when he gets toasted time after time.

Rogers is getting half of what Cro is and has 7 pass deflections, 12 solo tackles and only on one did he get assistance, he also has a pick 6 on the year.

I also got laughed at when I said we should get the unhappy Steve Smith(car) that he could be dynamic, and he's doing ok too.

12. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I was on the fence about Cro this year until last week. I just couldn't believe how huge of a cushion he was giving his man all game - he looked like he was playing prevent, then standing around watching the play while other guys make the tackle... I'm over it.

13. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

[​IMG]

14. DarrelleRevis.Human?

15. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

true to life.....

i lost a $50 game of madden to my friend yesterday when he hit mike wallace with 2 seconds left on a 40 yard td. who was covering him?

Cro of course.

16. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

No... we'd be at least 3-2 having won the Raiders game without him

17. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Say what you will about him. But Cro always comes and kicks booty. And is at his best no matter what.

18. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Did you read the post below?
    Summary is, Cro isn't as good as a guy that we could've got a half the price.

19. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Please explain to me what exactly I am supposed to be taking away from these numbers.

So Cromartie has more tackles than Rogers... which is good? bad?... idk, seems like a pretty useless stat to judge CBs by.

Then he has less passes defended. I guess the obvious way to judge this would be that Rogers is better... again, this is pretty flimsy without some context though.

Then he has the same number of INTs... so they are equal?

... but he has more yards, so he is better?

...but Rogers has a TD, so he is better?

This statistical "analysis" is all over the place, but nowhere near where it should be. Conventional wisdom is that you don't judge defensive backs on statistics... but if you do, the least you can do is include statistics that are remotely meaningful, such as targets, completion percentage, TDs allowed, ypc, 1st downs allowed... idk even something like opposing QB rating.

You obviously feel that Rogers would have been the better choice (at least value wise). I don't necessarily disagree with that. But how the hell is someone (whether they are a NFL guru, or completely new to the game) supposed to look at this and draw any sort of conclusion whatsoever??? If I didn't read the rest of your post (and previous ones), I honestly might not even know which side of this argument you are on. If you are trying to do a "quick 'I told you so' update", I think it would have been much more effective to simply state that he was covering Branch when he caught a TD, and was covering Hernandez when a throw bounced off Aaron's hands in the endzone.

20. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Cromartie for free safety bring kerry rhodes back lol whats the difference?