Derrick Mason traded to Texans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PatPatriot, Oct 11, 2011.

1. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

I think Cold Blooded Mike has somethin up his sleeves and will shock us all nothing front page worthy but something we def need

2. IATA

IATA Trolls

the conditional mason pick and kerley for megatron. make it happen tanny.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

To answer the first part, because we have a roster spot open and we have one less WR on the roster.

As for the second part: Kerely is replacing Mason as the #3 WR and Patrick Turner is either moving up a slot or they're going to bring in someone else to put at #4 because we'd only have Holmes, Kerley and Turner if Burress(with a long history of nagging knee problems) goes down. We don't need to find someone to match Mason's potential in the offense, that guy already has Mason's job.
    He's been on and off of the team and the practice squad for a couple of seasons so the CS has to see something in him. Here's his chance to prove himself.
    Could be either, we won't know until they release the details which probably won't come out until after the post season or Mason gets cut. Either or.
    My mistake, he's on the Giants' practice squad. Not sure why I thought Pats.

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Mason didn't look good. He offered no deep threat at all, and if you're not an explosive playmaker, you better know the plays and catch the ball. Apparently, he didn't know the plays, so good job dumping him.

He's tall, slow, whiny, and not familiar with the plays.

Keeley is quicker and more likely to make plays than Mason.

I wonder when Logan Payne comes back and if they think more of him as a WR or just a special teamer. Turner is another option, at this point in his career, he's got to start showing something.

5. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

I'm really happy that Kerley is going to be getting more playing time. Mason did nothing for us. Kerley forces the defense to bring in another cb

6. 624

624 Banned

I was just going to bring up Logan Payne, he must be close to being healthy by now, and they seem to be pretty high on him.

7. mystikol

mystikol New Member

Eddie Jones AND Lebron James? Trade for Jimmy Graham and we got this.

8. patfanken

patfanken Banned

unlike Burress and Captain Holmes, Mason had never posed a problem in any locker room prior to his coming to the Jets. Everything I'd ever heard about him was that he was a great locker room guy and a true professional. BB went hard after him when he hit FA a couple of years ago, but he signed with Baltimore where his wife had family. By all accounts a good guy.

Now I won't comment on how well he was playing. He WAS 37 after all. However here is a guy who had NEVER produced less than 750 yds in a career that lasted over a decade. What happened.

Now according to this thread, he's a no talent, over the hill., malcontent. Shouldn't Jet fans start to wonder what's going on with this team that would cause such a drastic change of character. Maybe the problem wasn't with Mason? Just sayin'

BTW- I actually thought Mason was a better signing than Burress. I guess I was wrong......but if Sunday was any indication....not by much.

9. MsuJets

MsuJets Active Member

He looked like he really lost a step. Mason could've been complaining because he knew the end of his career was near. You have seen ton of good locker room guys get frustrated towards end of career.

10. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Oh and I'm SUUURE Mason would have been a perfect angel on the Pats cause they can't do anything wrong, right? It didn't even seem like Mason even put in the work to be a good player on this team from the beginning of the season. Rex seems to be an open guy and I am sure Mason expressed his feelings to him during their private conversation. But of course the cause of the problem lies in the Jets lockeroom being a total circus compared to the Harvard club at Foxboro. Just sayin'...

#170 Quinnenthebeast, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Joe Flacco says hi...............................

Do you always have to come in here(TGG) with homeristic nonsense?

Yes the Pats are the bestest organization in the whole entire world. Happy? Kthanxbai

Your homeristic nonsense is really getting old quick.

12. 624

624 Banned

Every year Chad Ochocino has played an entire season in his career, he has produced 1000 yards. This year in a better offense and with a better QB, he is on pace for 435 yards.

What does that say about the Patriots????

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

You mean aside from trying to rip Joe Flacco's facemask off on the sidelines? He was a good teammate to Steve McNair in Tennessee and Baltimore, I'll give him that.

If he was a solid professional before going to the Jets then reports indicate he's changed his ways. In his short stay he's publicly maligned one of his coaches and he's been reported to have had very little knowledge of the playbook despite being on the team since training camp. I'm not sure which part of that is professional but OK, whatever.

#173 CatoTheElder, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  14. emania55

emania55 Member

15. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Take two seconds to see how Flacco got along with Mason

16. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

Trade for Aaron Curry, Marcus Benard and Tenard Jackson cut McIntyre or Bellore and give Eric Smith the boot and we'll be fine

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    you should wonder about these two instead.

18. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

It was worth it to us to keep Braylon, baggage and all. The way things turned out it was lose/lose for everyone.
    The Jets cut Chad rather than trading him so he could choose where he went instead of just being shipped off. I think Cotch got the same deal.
    Mason was totally invisible on offense. At his age his ability is going to deteriorate steadily. But I will admit that his complete lack of production is somewhat damning of Schotty.

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's exactly what this reminds me of, you suck. STFU and pack your bags. It's nowhere near the level of Randy Moss but the Pats have certainly done things like this in the past. Would have been nice if we would have gotten at least a real draft pick instead of some conditional bs but when you are trying to make a statement this is as good as any. Hopefully guys will realize they better STFU and start focusing of they could be out too.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Agreed. A guy that consistent just doesn't disappear.

His comments do hold water because of how good he's been over the course of his career when he was critical of this offense. If the new guy comes in and laughs at you, then clearly something is wrong with what's going on.