Week 6: Dolphins at Jets discussion thread...squish the fish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Virtually a must-win game here, and it won't be easy.*

Miami has struggled both offensively and defensively this season, and we absolutely should beat them at home.

But they'll be coming off a bye week, with a new quarterback who will be able to gameplan for an extra week and get used to the offense.

Plus, looking at their schedule, they've played New England, Houston, Cleveland, and San Diego. Odds are, New England, Houston, and San Diego will be playoff teams. Cleveland probably won't be, but even they were down 6 with a minute left and needed a great play to win.

And it's the Dolphins, they always play us tough. Can't forget about that.

That all said...if the Jets want to make the playoffs this year, they need to win this game. Starting 2-4 is not the way to make the playoffs. Now, I've seen Jets teams have miracle comebacks from bad starts to make the playoffs before, but that's no way to go through life. And with San Diego upcoming in week 7, that's not the team we want to be possibly facing 2-5 against.

Forget the division and home field. We'll worry about that later. And that sucks since that's what this team's stated regular season goal was, and that's something we couldn't do the last 2 years.

We're 2-3 with 3 AFC losses and 1 divisional loss. Miami is the worst team in our division, and we play them at home. If we can't beat them, well, we're in deep, deep trouble.

Luckily, we should be able to, and our defense should be able to suffocate them. If not, then I'll start to worry about our defense.

I'm still confident in our D. I'm disheartened by some performances this season, but I still think the Jets have one of the best defenses in the NFL.

Daniel Thomas looked good in his 2 starts, but the Jets should be able to shut down the running game. I'll take our cover guys over their outside weapons any day, and Matt Moore isn't that good. Bush could give us problems in the passing game, but he's not that good.

Can our offense do their job? That's going to be the biggest question which determines whether we win by a lot, win by a little, or lose the game.

*note: No game in October is ever a must-win when you're 2-3. Even if we lose, I'll still be looking at ways for us to make the playoffs as soon as we start winning again. But a home divisional game against a team that hasn't won a game yet is a situation where you can't really afford to lose.

#1 Jetfanmack, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I hate playing teams coming off the bye.

But I agree, this is a MUST win. I don't care who is calling the plays, the Jets offense needs to get the job done next week.

3. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

I agree.

I hope for total destruction.

I will be angry if we somehow win this game. Suck for Luck(Barkley or Jones will be ok too) must continue.

:jets::up:

#3 deathstar, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  4. felker

felker Active Member

I'm routing for the fins cause I don't want Luck in the division.

5. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Pressure's on the Dolphins now, Indy lost again so Miami need to work hard to make sure they do the same.

6. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

If the Jets lose, does everything sink into the sea?

7. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Working hard...:rofl:

8. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

If we lose this game I'm done for the year. Yes I will still watch the games occasionally, but I'm not going to get upset about the rest of them if they lose.

Not worth the frustration for the entire week.

9. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Sky falls in. Seas boil. End of days.

10. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

If Matt Moore beats us I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself. That's really the way I look at it. It's fucking Matt Moore, unless they start Sage Rosenfels right after signing him. Which as far as quarterback situations go is about as bad as it can get.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. You've got to think here. Pats have 1 L on their record sheet - are they going to lose 3 more games somewhere? From the looks of it, if they lose 1 more, that's all they get (if Jets can beat them at their own turf, that is.) Cowgirls, Squealers, Giants, Chefs, Iggles, Deadskins and Donkeys x2 (IND and DEN). Since they won't lose to other division teams, that's all we got on Pats schedule. They are not going to drop any one of the games there. (See how easy that schedule is?)

2. Seriously, I doubt if Jets can pull 2 games away from Buffalo at this rate either. If the offense keeps stinking it up like it has past month, forget it. For the record, Buffalo scored less than 30 only once this season, and even in that case they scored 20. Jets scored 30+ only once this season, and even that came in form of 4 defensive INTs from Cro. If they keep playing like dog shit, they are squarely 3rd in the division. (Jets are 2 games behind Pats and Bills. If Jets beat Bills twice, they are tied, with tie breaker in Jets favor.)

3. Jets Offense has shown again, they are particularly inept group. They recorded 8 3-and-out series against arguably one of the very worst defense unit. I was never a proponent of mid-season coach firing, but for Schottenheimer, I just might hope that happens. In other words, don't get your hopes up high against Dolphins D. Jets Offensive results come in three colors: against train wrecks (like Jacksonville) they do OK job. Against the middle-of-the-pack defense, they struggle mightily. Against good ones, they show you what train wreck is.

12. mute

mute Well-Known Member

The Fins are hungry and are feeling lonely at the bottom. They always play us good on MNF (?) so I dont see this being a walk in the park for the Jets yet again.

I really dont know about this one. I'll say the Jets will win for the heck of it.

13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

The offense should make it a goal of theirs to put up two touchdowns by the end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd quarter.

Whether Miami is 0-4 or 4-0, the Jets need to take an early lead and never look back. Playing from behind is overrated.

14. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

It would an absolute embarrassment to lose this game. Blow these faggots out. Who the fuck is their QB?

15. asdf13

asdf13 New Member

The players or the fans? Us fans are very excited to be at the bottom of the division and the NFL. We would like it to stay that way through week 17.

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Lets get to 3-3. IDC how we win. IDC if Sanchez has 50 yards of offense. Just fucking win this game anyway possible.

17. LolTolhurst

LolTolhurst Banned

A Jets loss next week will trigger a TGG meltdown of biblical proportions. I don't see that happening though...31-6 Jets

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Our offense really didn't do much against Jacksonville either. We had 283 yards and basically 6 three-and-outs (1 INT on the 2nd play and 1 FG after a 4 play, 1 yard drive).

But yeah, I don't see much reason to have faith our offense will get that much better. Mangold is back, and we still didn't do much. The running game is looking better, but this team will go as far as Sanchez takes us offensively.

Our offense was average at best last year, and the talent got worse it seems, and last year we needed some miracle comebacks to get enough wins for the wild card.

You mention those 2 Buffalo games: those will probably be the 2 biggest games of the year. Win those 2 games, and that should put us ahead of the Bills hopefully. Split them, and we might have a tough time catching them, and therefore making the playoffs.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

If we lose to Matt Moore and the Dolphins at home then the season is over.

That is all.

20. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

we're not losing this game. matt moore can't beat anybody.

this is basically a gift. as much as chad henne sucks, he seemed to play well against us more often than not