Illegal hit

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetzIII, Oct 4, 2011.

1. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Has there ever been a year where anyone looked back and thought the officiating was good?

2. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I'd agree that we got a few roughing calls on receivers. I wonder sometimes if they (officials) focus on certain things from different teams. The Pats get called for Offensive Pass Interference alot, yet they run the same plays as other teams who don't get those.

The Jets and Ravens have been allowed to beat on Brady pretty good the last couple of years. I'm not saying any penalties were committed or should have been called. But you'd think for a guy who "gets all kinds of calls if you just breathe on him" according to many here, he'd get some against you guys.

3. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

That my friend, is good comedy. Surely you jest?

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

No. Fans will always blame officials for the 3 calls they missed, but forget the 97 they got right.

If it affects their team negatively, then they hate the refs. If the Jets got all the calls and it looked like the refs were deliberately favoring them, 99% of the fans would barely notice.

5. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

No. It's a fact. Brady has the lowest percentage of RTP's called for him in the league. He only got ONE last year.

6. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Yeah, Brady doesnt get many roughing the passer calls. Its mostly Manning that always has.

Brady just has something Sanchez apparantly doesn't - an IQ higher than a football. He gets that you have to get rid of the football quickly, especially against the rush, and not absorb punishment like a fucking retard...

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The issue is I think the NFL protects certain QB's and others they don't. Manning barely ever got hit because he has such a quick release but I found it funny that Vick was crying about not getting calls but the Eagles traditionally have benefited more by RTP penalties more then any other NFC team the last few years. They have allowed Sanchez to take some big time cheap shots the last two weeks. I think a lot of Jet fans think Brady gets a lot of roughing penalties because he whines for them but the only big one that was a joke was in the playoff game in Mangini's first year. I don't think we get whistled for too many RTP but we do get a ton from our secondary for uness. roughness which pisses me off. Like the one they called on Coleman in the Bengals Thanksgiving game last year... sickening.

8. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

The NFL wants to protect its stars. They always have, always will. Manning has been the face of the NFL for about 7-8 years now. They need him healthy, and dont want guys teeing off on him.

They would do it for Brady except for 2 things. The first is that Brady doesnt give defenders time to tee off on him because he is great at knowing when pressure is coming and gets it off quickly. The second is that with Manning around, they have never needed Brady to be the face of the league.

But bringing it back to Sanchez - yes, he takes hits that aren't called. But its almost like, if the dude is not smart enough to get rid of it quickly in the face of pressure, why bother calling roughing the passer calls for him? Just think about last weeks game. He spent the whole 1st half basically refusing to do quick drops and get rid of it quickly, and got murdered for it. So, when the 2nd fumble happened, it was almost like, why bother calling a penalty here?

9. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

I wish they would have called it in the game, we could have used that call.

10. The Mak

The Mak New Member

"Getting rid of it quickly" = throwing the ball as soon as it's snapped to him? Get lost with this bullshit.

11. nyjetsfan18

nyjetsfan18 New Member

Brady would have got that call, and Peyton Manning as well. It seems you have to have won superbowls and multiple NFL records to have an illegal hit called. A bunch of BS.

12. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Apparently you aren't paying attention. The dive at Brady's knees was more obvious, and as bad or worse than the hit on Sanchez, and he DIDN'T get the call.

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

As somebody who saw both hits live, I'd absolutely 100% agree with this. The Charger DL essentially made the same move Pollard did and Brady did get hit and I was waiting for the flag and couldn't believe it wasn't thrown. The Sanchez wasn't so obvious until you see it from another angle.

14. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Thats ridiculous. He always had time to do a quick 3 step drop and get rid of it. They timed one of the quicker blitzes and he had 2 seconds even there.

You beat pressure by doing a quick drop and hitting your first read on a slant or your TE over the middle. Sanchez is not bright enough to realize that. He feels the need to stand in the pocket, look through his reads, and get raped.

15. The Mak

The Mak New Member

It's hard to even get a 3 step drop off when there are human turnstyles playing in the O-line in front of you. Your posts are garbage.