ALDS - Yankees vs Tigers

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by AMJets, Sep 29, 2011.

1. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i'm with Jonny D, this ordonez, to cabrera to martinez thing is a weenie shrinker at times, Nova has to keep them down tomorrow night.

2. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Is this Papelbon you're talking about? If so, yeah, he'd say he wanted to be a Yankee to "threaten" Boston into upping their offer. He's not coming here, and he's not wanted (and I rarely say that about a player that could potentially help, Red Sox or not, hell I wanted Manny).

F Papelbon.

More than Papsmear? Really? I can't understand that.

Even I flipped out on Twitter about that bunt. WTF?! It was completely uncalled for there.

Unreal. Just amazing.

Yeah, Granderson may not get the MVP for the season, but there's no question he saved our season yesterday. Twice.

And the Tigers didn't like him in center thanks to "metrics" saying he isn't a good centerfielder.

Come on. I've freely admitted I was wrong about the trade, and even given Kennedy's year, if you asked me right now if I'd repeat that trade I wouldn't even hesitate to pull the trigger.

The Yankees won that trade. Jackson and Coke have helped Detroit. Kennedy has been big for Arizona. None of them would have made the Yankees as good as Granderson does.

I know that the letter of the rule makes that a balk, but there was zero intent to deceive. I thought it was a crappy call in a huge situation.

That said, I felt AJ was getting squeezed early in the game, so getting one back there was a wash.

I'm nervous, but that's my guy going out there. I'm only concerned that the Yankees will continue hitting. Nice to see ARod and Tex finally get on base last night.

3. IATA

IATA Trolls

In their defense, Comerica is fucking HUGE and you can't expect Granderson to make those types of catches day in and day out. Playoffs are one thing, 162 other games is another.

4. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

that outfield has a ton of wide open space , granderson would have had 20 triples this year if he was still a tiger

5. IATA

IATA Trolls

how many would he have given up, though?

6. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

He's something sort of Grandish

7. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

That's fair enough. I just thought it was amusing.

8. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

how the momentum has swung, they were dead in the water before yesterdays game and now they can close these pricks out. get it done boys.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I never thought they were dead, even with Burnette. He was plenty good enough in September and went 2-0 in his previous 5 starts. 3-0 now. Besides, he was obviously on a short enough leash that Giardi had the BP up when he hadn't even given up a run. If it was Torre he would have been asleep on the back bench behind his sunglasses.

10. IATA

IATA Trolls

detroit can also close you out.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Thanks Buzz Killington.... I think the NYY have a slight edge going into Gm 5. I can see both Fister and Nova getting dinged up a bit, and if it goes to the pens the Yanks have a clear adv. Looking forward to the game.

12. Dirty6Sanchez

We have Jesus on our side

[​IMG]

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Nobody fucks with the Jesus

14. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

not only do they not fuck with the jesus, Fister is gonna get fisted by the pinstripes

15. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

I never thought they were dead either, but the 98% of the world and media did.

16. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

In fairness to the world outside, the Yankees got no-hit by Verlander in his first appearance and then no-hit by Scherzer for what, 6+? With 2 wins under their belt, on their home turf, and Verlander on the mound in game 4, anyone outside Pinstripe Alley had to feel the Yankees were on the ropes.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Enjoy Montero now gentlemen, his stock surged because of the end of the season and playoff hitting. He is going to be dealt for another Ace. We really need it too.

Martin will be resigned. Swish will be optioned as well I think.

18. Dirty6Sanchez

Huh? You mean 1 inning?

19. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I don't have a problem trading Montero to get an ace. I would like to bring back Martin, since I think he can be a great bridge to Sanchez. Plus we have Romine in the meantime as well.

But we need to get back an ace. I don't want to take a "high upside" deal. I want a bona fide starter.

The big question is whether we get CC to return.

I don't see Swisher going anywhere. Who do we replace him with? Golson? Dickerson? Is there anyone in free agency that would be an upgrade?

Sure, it was one inning, but no hits are no hits. He gave up a run, but you never know. The fact is, the Yankees did not hit well outside of game 1A and late in game 4. (Very late in game 3 too, I guess, but they still lost.)

It wasn't at all unreasonable to count the Yankees out in game 4.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What??? He no hit them for 1 inning if that's what you mean and Verlander wasn't anywhere near the mound in game 4.

Oh..too slow, I see everybody else picked up on that too.