17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes I attended the game every year I lived in South Florida which totaled 10 years & while there were far, far more NYJ fans @ the Miami game IMHO they were still never a majority. Miami however had a much better turn out of NYJ fans then the other cities I have been to which were Houston, Dallas, SF or Oak & SD :sad:

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It pissed Jason Taylor off so bad he even made mention of it one time... "How come we have to have so many Jets fans in our stadium when we play the Jets?" "Uhhhh... duhhhh... it's because you have a lot of NY transplants there, dummie! Suck it up dude."

3. championjets69

Well that maybe reason A but reason B is Dolphins fans DO NOT support there team as say NYJ fans did in the past so there was a lot & I mean a lot of single game tix available at the Dolphins tix office @ face value so if U chose to fix blame then it squarely goes on the shoulders of the fins fans :smile:

I remember that the Dolphins had to sell the unsold tix to Publix (the local supermarket there) probably at a very, very deep discount so that the game would be a sellout & could be televised :smile:

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

arent the jets and giants making some $$ now that the name rights is taking care of?
    maybe he can lower uppers tix price

5. Gator

Gator Active Member

They are making huge profits selling tickets and could lower them even before the naming rights. The idea that they are in panic mode is crazy. If you are in the business of selling tickets and you have sold well over 90% of them you are making big money. They just want to sell the rest too and get it all. That's what they do. Play football, sell tickets, get TV and merchandise money

6. Section 227. Row 5

Well, I'll tell you what. My wife and I may be retiring to FL (6 months here and 6 months there) at some point in the future. If they have tickets available, you KNOW I'll be going to Miami to THAT game.

It's quite a drive from where we might pick up our 2nd home, but we could still get a motel and stay overnight and then experience Joe Robbie Stadium or whatever TF they call it. And I WILL be weraing the GREEN AND WHITE just to piss off the Tourquoise heads.

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Exactly, and if a dumbass franchise like Jacksonville can make money with a half empty stadium, low tickets prices, crappy concession sales, then you know the Jets are raking it in with that $115+ average ticket price plus suites because the league is SALARY CAPPED and every team spends the same on payroll

8. Gator

Gator Active Member

I remember Denver in January of 99. Those people were so cheap. No line for concessions, no line for beer....NO LINE FOR BEER! Those people werent buying 7 dollar beers or whatever they were back then. If you had 100 bucks in your pocket in that stadium you were a rock star. Compare that to NY. Jets rake it in on game day.

9. championjets69

Well I would have to believe things down there will get even worse then I described when I lived in S. Florida since it appears the Dolphins are presently in tailspin mode. I even bought tix several times @ there Davie training base when I went there to watch them train.

As for wearing green/white to there game they are pretty used to it since I guess estimate that there are 20/30K NYJ fans at the game most wearing green/white which is what JT was alluding to. That stadium also holds 80K.

Here is a tip for U if it is not a 1600 or nite game that you will be attending for sure get seats on the west side (shady side) of the stadium as the afternoon sun even in the fall season is brutal :jets:

10. Section 227. Row 5

Smart move and good advice. My seats in the New Mausoleum are the shady side too. I don't like having the sun in my face and I like looking at the front of the Jets bench. It's also closer to parking.

But I will definitely keep that in mind if I ever got to one of those games.

11. championjets69

Unless U find some other way to get the NYJ games when in S. Florida U will also need the DTV Sunday tix :smile:

12. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah I figured I'll need somehting. There is no way I'm gonna live in FL in the winter and not be able to get the games.

13. championjets69

Ah those were the days. Before buying our house in Florida I was renting a house that had a pool so I wired up a TV with the DTV Sunday Tix converter & I floated around the pool watching the NYJ games. When they won it was terrific.

When I was there once or twice the fins were blacked out so there was no AFC game on local TV

:smile:

14. Section 227. Row 5

Expect resale prices to start plummeting if this losing slide continues. Newbie Blue Skyers have no idea what happens to their ticket prices when this happens.

There are going to be a lot of very unhappy PSL holders if this team doesn't start getting their act together, IMO. Being locked into a PSL when this starts happening is your worst nightmare. Everything was predicated on perfection... winning the AFC, going to the SB, etc. This slide, if it continues, changes everything.

15. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Anybody looking to get rid of a few tickets, better start doing so asap. Like 227 says, things are going to get ugly.

16. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Such pessimism. Even if the Jets lose to the Patriots twice (I expect them to split), the Jets will take that wildcard spot (especially if they fire Schitty [PLEASE GOD PLEASE GOD PLEASE GOD]). They are not this bad, rex will fix the D and the O will be "good enough"

17. sg3

sg3 Banned

this is not the place to express any sort of optimism, gordon

the just about senile old lifer pig won't tolerate it

18. Section 227. Row 5

I resemble that remark!

19. sg3

sg3 Banned

nice 227

a sense of humor I never expected

you are OK in my book from now on