17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Here's the 1-day update for tomorrow's cowboy game. Lowers are holding their own somewhat, but uppers coming way down. Just over 1500 tickets left:

[​IMG]

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Here's, the 1-hour update for the Cowboys game AND the 1-week update for the Jaguars game. Just 157 tickets left for tonight's game with an hour until game time:

[​IMG]

There were NO mezz endzone seats left, and a few of those categories only had 2 or 3 listings to average. There's actually 3 seats on the 40 yard line available in the first row for $149. Like I've been saying it pays to wait

3. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

did they take down the ring of honor to put up metlife signs?

4. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

they moved them, they are at the bottom of the upper deck on the jets side of the stadium

5. JetsSec337Lot13B

What a nightmare getting in today. I'm done with season tickets after this year. What's the point? Instead I must have seen 10 fights between Jets and Cowboys fans. One Cowboy fan got decked was gushing blood. Why go when the Jets are selling half their seats on stubhub for opposing fans to gobble up.

I may renew but do what a lot of other people did order last minute with no preseason. Only difference the ticket looks diferent.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Opposing fans are a bigger problem now than they ever were. This is because 80% of the tickets in the UD are overpriced. The problem will get worse, I'm afraid. NO ONE in their right mind will renew Season Tix beyond Rows 8-10 in the UD next year... no one. They're simply way too much over market value. People with seats that cost $105 are bailing like crazy at prices that are like $38 and up (for the JAX game). This is incredible. No one in their right mind will renew with that going on (especialoly if they have to pay $105 for PreSeason games to boot).

So the answer is, the Jets have to price the UD worthless seats at a price point where a JETS Season Ticketholder feels comfotable buying the season package. That might be a package that not only drastically reduces the current prices but also offers incentives like free parking and no mandatory Preseason games.

But the Jets FO probably won't do that. They'll be late to that party as usual, so late that it's over the top and the seats are abandoned for good beyond Rows 8-10 or so.

My fear is that they've alienated and pissed off the fan base to such a degree that they are completely fed up with ANYTHING that the Jets try now. Zero respect and trust with the Ticket Office.

And worse, people are just saying, "You know what? Fuck it. I'll stay home from now on and still be a Jets fan and they can shove the tickets up their ass." You've not only got the fringe (marginal fan) Jets ticketholders walking away at the drop of a hat with this shenanagans, you've got the really loyal guys who were there for every game in the old days, through thick and thin no matter what, even THEY are totally fed up and walking.\

And my fear is, once all these people have left in droves, you're going to have a VERY tough time wooing them back, if it's possible at all. That same passion that they had for going to every game, that tenacity it took to weather every rainy, crappy day to go, is the same tenacity that will tell the Jets to permanently go fuck themselves. And so, the result can only be that 60-70% of the Uppers are permanently abandoned seats that can only be filled by throwing them out there any way you can... special, temporary, bullshit "military discount" offers and StubHub offerings that will attract scum of-the-earth Ravens, Dolphins, Patriots and Raiders fans. You're seeing it now. It's already too late because many guys have already walked.

Expect more fights and an unhealthy family environment, especially in the Uppers. But who cares? We have a brand new "state of the art" stadium, don't we?

#12406 Section 227. Row 5, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  7. grumpynyjetsfaninME

i dont know if this it the right place for this question but it has to do with the stadium. WTF was up with all the FN empty seats, on the 40 yard line. it kinda looked like a bus that was taking a bunch of people to the game didnt show up.

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Great post 227.

You summed it up perfectly. Could be tough times ahead for the Jets selling these seats. Last night as I sat in my new location in 341 row 2 I couldn't help but notice the vacant sections across the field in the first tier just outside of the 40 yd. line (mentioned in another post this morning) thinking that if they can't get those great seats even close to 1/3 filled for this game, they'll never fill them or come close to filling them which is not only sad, it's an insult to those of us who have paid a lot to be there each week, supporting the team all these years who are still paying a lot to be in the upper deck of - let's face it - this disaster of a stadium. And it is a disaster. Yesterday I discovered yet another functional flaw. (I'll post about it separately) I actually miss SHEA.

But, I had a great time yesterday because of the result. A classic victory on an emotional night. But, I was not that impressed with my new seats for the money paid for them. Even row 2 isn't worth $125 per game in the corner because this upper deck is too high. I have a railing dissecting my view from the center of the field to the corner of the EZ. Oh well. These are still better than where I was last year in 301.

If you don't think this upper tier was designed and built without concern and care for the fans sitting there, realize that the position of the four corner scoreboards on the mezzanine level was not done to offer a unique look - it was because they couldn't place them where they'd normally be because they'd be too high up for the folks in the first two levels. When you watch highlights or Giants games on TV, you realize the entire upper deck is absolutely insignificant to the feel of the place. An afterthought. We're just way up there in the darkness. This stadium is 40 feet too high. Next game, imagine this stadium without the entire 300 level. Picture the first two levels with the press box, club seats, and the four scoreboards. Only then does the stadium seem to make sense. This stadium is a nice stadium with an extra deck plopped on top. That's our deck. They didn't even put a lot of thought in getting us in and out of there quickly and safely.

I can't fathom what it'll be like in the 300 level late in a 6-10 season whenever it arrives. Hell, even an 8-8 year. The alienation of the loyal fan will be startling to many, but not to us. What a shame. The uppers will be half full, with half of those seats occupied by opposing teams fans.

#12408 LogeSection2RowJ, Sep 12, 2011
  9. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

You two hit the nail on the head. If the Jets have a sub .500 season ShitLife stadium will become a haven for away teams. Imagine playing the Steelers or Cowboys at home when the team is 2-11.. it will be a nightmare. That section in the 40's was at something like 10% capacity. I don't know if those are unbought PSL's or reserved for resale on Stubhub/TicketExchange but it was absolutely pathetic.

10. Section 227. Row 5

And what happens in the Uppers will be the tip of an iceberg.

If PSL seats are empty on the 40 now, for an opening game such as this, with such historic importance and national pride and such abounding, almost euphoric optimism of this being THE SB year, I can't imagine what will happen if we hit the skids.

I would anticipate massive PSL selling. Sellers willing to underbid one another just to get out with a moderate loss before the prices make it impossible to reasonably get out at all. Guys cutting their losses just exactly like a sensible day trader would cut his - by selling while it's dropping and sweeping the cash into his MM Account for teh weekend. Chalk it all up to a lousy "investment" and move on.

If we ever hit the skids (and believe me, I want us to keep on this roll until we win at least one SB),... but if (or when) we do hit a couple of back-to-back 6-10 seasons or worse, most of the guys who own these PSLs are not the same crew that was with the Jets through thick and thin. Totally different breed. Cut the "losses" and bail. You could see PSLs selling at 50% discounts or more. There will be no more UD, period. Everyone like myself will be evacuating the UD forever and scooping up something decent in the Lowers at half price, while the Jets go in the tank at 4-12. No one will want those PSLs and expensive seat prices.

The Upper Deck will become a vast, dark, unihabitable wasteland, with flash-gangs of warrior Dolphins, Ravens, Patriots and Raiders fans miserably running around looking for Jets fans to beat up and frustratingly not finding any.

11. Section 227. Row 5

As an aside, I was talking to a Giants fan over the weekend who interestingly owns a Giants PSL in the Upper Deck above my seats.

So his PSL was $1,000, he tells me, and he bought 4 of them. I was telling him that probably, at the time, if the Jets had announced a $1,000 PSL for decent uppers, I probably would have paid the $4,000 too, for my 4 seats.

So I ask him what row he's in, thinking he got something decent for his money. And it turns out he's in Row 26. ROW fucking 26, and for that he had to pay an "investment" of $4,000! I mean, I saw the look on his face when I asked him. And I'm like saying to myself, "Holy Shit... Row 26?"

Can you imagine being buried in a Row 26 UD PSL to the tune of 4 Large, and you've got Eli Manning for a QB, stinking up the field, with holes in your lineup and announcers saying "they've got work to do" and you get the shit beat out of you by none other than the lowly Redskins by 28-14 and your FO passed on Plaxico and now Manning has no decent targets and he's still promiscuously throwing INTs like crazy?

And we think we've got problems? Holy Christ.

12. LogeSection2RowJ

Haha, yeah, kind of like that old Kurt Russell movie, "Escape from New York" Remember that?

I wondered about that last night knowing a Giants fan paid a 4K PER seat PSL for the seats I now have. Wow. When the stadium was unveiled, you'd look at that first four row section as being awesome, but even those seats need to be 10 to 20 ft. lower than they are. Also, they must be experiencing the same "in and out" of the upper deck issues that we have, but I guess they are still used to absolute blind loyalty towards their ownership - unlike us.

That should be changing VERY soon if they have a bad year. It'll be interesting to see the great, exhaulted, best-NFL-fans-ever loyal Giants season ticket holders (just ask them) start to break ranks and complain loudly.

Kinda like we do :wink:

13. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

While I'm sure many of those empty seats between the 40's are not sold, I'm also sure many of the people who do own them were sitting in the club and standing behind the bench. Everytime I looked behind the Jets bench there were hundreds of people there. How you can actually watch the game through the players standing on the sidelines is beyond me though.

14. LogeSection2RowJ

That makes sense then. The part about where the people were - not the part about watching at field level.

Obviously these are "look at me types" and not real football fans. It'd be nice to check it out, but anyone interested in following the game would soon return to the seats. Those are great seats!

15. Section 227. Row 5

LOL... yes. From what I saw of that Giants game yesterday, they have more than "a little work to do." This team is a mere shadow of its SB caliber. Against the stink-em-up Redskins, no less. At least they finally got rid of Campbell and McNabb, and what's-his-name QB was torching the Giants defense to the tune of 28 points while their defense picked on Eli's wobblers like a dog on a T-bone.

It's going to be a long season for teh Giants. Wait until they face the Dallas Crybabies. Rex's twin's gonna make Eli wish he was never born.

16. Section 227. Row 5

I agree. That view wouldn't work well for me at all. God, how I miss my Giants Stadium Mezz seats in Row 5. Just high enough to see all the action, just low enough to feel close to the field.

17. baamf

baamf Active Member

That's friggin' funny 227.

First time in my new seats last night and must say they were much better than last year. The overall "experience" was better but there are still many things they can do to make things better. Had a couple of cowgirl fans in front of me and noticed those seats are available on stub-hub for every game, most likely scalpers. Will kind of suck not being able to meet some new Jet fans, and being subject to different opposing team fans each week.

Talking to some guys at the tailgate last night and many are talking about dropping next year and buying games on stub-hub avoiding the pre-season and what not. Times they are definitely changing.

Okay, didn't get to bed until after 2:00am this morning so am dragging ass big time at work today. Maybe I can share some more thoughts on the new "improvements" later.

18. LogeSection2RowJ

Staircases

Just when i thought I'd discovered all that irks me about Metlife Stadium, I was surprised yet again.

After the long security-delayed entrance last night, we decided we had just enough time to visit the Bud Light band stage area in the "dark side of the moon" concourse (I'd bet many of you didn't even know about that area over there "in the back").

Anyway, it's not easy getting over there. If you enter at the Pepsi gate, you can't just turn left to head towards Bud Light. It's blocked. You either have to walk the long way around Verizon-land, past the train hook-up, or, enter the stadium and roam around its own obstacles up and down again to reemerge on the other side. To do that, one has to go up one level first, travel along the lower concourse, then go back down. We knew the stadium well enough to know we had to do that, so...

We entered the concourse near the Great Hall, by the Jets Shop and SNY stage and saw stairs in front of us. Although stairs weren't our first choice, we can handle some stairs and elected to go to the first concourse that way, then walk around towards the Bud Light side once inside. Well, wouldn't you know it - these stairs provide NO ACCESS to each level! We could only keep climbing all the way up to the third level! It seemed there was access to clubs and suites that way, but not concourses one or two! Once half-way we had no choice but to continue.

Needless to say, we were NOT HAPPY to traverse stairs all the way up to section 342. It's not easy. Going down is fine. Up is an entirely different endeavor. At that point, after the long parking lot walk and the wait to get in, I was in no mood to figure out how to now get back down (I wasn't taking the stairs all the way back to ground level) so we went to our seats, PO'd yet again, in Metlife Stadium.

After the game I noticed there are TWO sets of stairs that flank the Jets Shop. One is wider, on the northwest side of the shop. That one allows access to concourse one and concourse two - in case you elect to leave there to walk towards the escalators inside for the remaining two flights. The other one - the one we took, that is on the Great Hall side of the Jets Shop does not offer access to the first two concourses. They just go up up up. BE WARNED. Next time i will look to see how they're marked.

The stadium never ceases to amaze. I've been in stadiums across the US, old and new, baseball, football whatever and I have seen nothing like this one. Really. This is a poorly designed facility. It truly truly is. Fans attending the Super Bowl in 2014 will be very disappointed - and maybe even stunned.

#12418 LogeSection2RowJ, Sep 12, 2011
  19. grumpynyjetsfaninME

at the stadium when you go get a beer and the line is 6 miles deep can you still see the game if you turn around or is there a wall in the way. or do you watch it on a tv that is on the wall?

20. Section 227. Row 5

It'll be much worse than that. Many out-of-towners entering this stadium will never be heard from again. It's like a venus fly-trap. "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave..."

In 2211, they'll be finding petrified bodies from 200 years ago... perfectly preserved in the positions in which they died. Some in remote, forgotten stairways to nowhere that no one ever uses; in elevators that have been turned off and blocked off just to piss Upper Deckers off. Guys who found themselves in far-away men's rooms with no way out. People who fell to their deaths trying to repel down remote construction canyons. Hand-written diaries found of the last days of their survival on potato knishes and Bud Lite, telling everyone how much they loved them and leaving their last will and testaments on the backs of Jets programs.