17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

So this is what it's come to.

The very founder of this wonderful thread... the guy who started it all with great hopes and expectations about the new stadium... went there early and took beautiful pictures... a guy with incredible seniority who was on top of every move the Jets made... the guy who gave us many a "heads up" on what they were up to... the guy who made umpteen phone calls to his "rep" and then reported here diligently so that we might all benefit... who tailgated incessantly and tried to maintain a positive outlook... the guy who started the thread that helped THOUSANDS of Jets fans get better seats and then got fucked around himself...

He's now cashing it in.

I am deadly serious now. I am not fucking joking. This is a good example of what this has all come to. Overpriced bullshit and jerking people off until they can't take it anymore. Long-time, seasoned ticketholders with longevity up the ass who attended every tailgate and game and tried to endure the nonsense the Front Office dished out, holding on to every bit of pride they ever had and hoping the Front Office would give them some kind of break along the way after having supported the team emotionally and financially through all those lean years. To no avail.

Unbelievable - what they've done. It's not the same anymore. All about money and screwing the ticketholder. Makes you feel like a real sucker. It's even hard to root for the team anymore... just ask my wife. She's so fed up she doesn't even want to go to the stadium.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

oh i will be a season ticket holder next year... but i will play the new game.
    not renew my seats
    i will make them beg me to buy 4 seats again.no preseason free parking i will make them throw the seats at me

3. Section 227. Row 5

12,380 Replies to this thread and 700,016 views.

I say this thread eventually tops a million views. That fills Woody's stadium 12 times.

So Woody, you better pay attention, dude. Get your head out of your ass and start taking care of your Season Ticketholders. You'll have a pretty worthless, laughable franchise if you've got a stadium full of empty seats.

4. 17a_tailgater

more than 2 out of every 3 people i talk to hate this stadium.

5. Section 227. Row 5

You're doing much better than me. I've talked to dozens of people and have not met one who thinks we needed a new stadium. Not one.

NFL ass-kissing Gator and Front Office Super-Shill sg3 excluded, of course.

6. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Take a look at those Upper Deck seats for the Jags game next week. I saw tickets on Stubhub for 39 dollars each for that game. I am pretty sure many Upper Deck guys/gals will just buy their tickets on Stubhub next season and save some money.

7. 17a_tailgater

the same rows and seats are on stub hub in my section for every game.
    a father from my kids little league team has 22 tickets. sells row 1 in the endzone to every game and sits in row 5 6 seats on the 40 you know the $105 seats.

8. 17a_tailgater

anything higher than 15 is garbage in the upper deck
    15-26 $45 seats
    8-14 $60
    5-7 $70
    1-4 prime $95

9. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Yea row 20 and up is pretty high up there but to me the prices should still be higher then they are for that game. It's a 1pm game in the middle of September when it's still nice outside. Perfect game to take the wife and kids to.

We have two more days till the Cowboys game and it feels like an adult version of Christmas. The wife and I are ready to get to the Stadium at 3:30pm and start a nice little tailgate before the game. Time can't go bye any quicker!

10. 17a_tailgater

actually its 3 more nights till the game

11. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

True, 3 more nights.

12. Section 227. Row 5

This pricing is about right. I've said all along that, besides different pricing for different sections, they also needed different pricing for tiers.

There is no way in hell a 5th row seat is worth the same as a 26th row seat (in any section). Until Woody gets that, he's always going to have nobody above row 15, at least in the uppers.

The exception to this is in the Lowers, where a friend of mine sits and actually wanted covered seats and was willing to pay the same price for those seats as he could have paid to be in Row 3 when he bought his PSL.

Upper Deck is a different story. Garbage from Row 10 on back, IMO.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Woody could also come up with another plan if he really wanted to fill the Uppers. Offer free Orange parking for rows 5-13, and free Orange parking plus no preseason games for purchases of Rows 13-26 (with a ticket price of $45 of cousre).

These people have no clue about good marketing. I could fill all those UD seats on a season-ticket basis if they'd turn me loose to do it, and I'd generate more revenue than they're going to get in 2012 with their 30% occupancy in the UD, I guarantee it.

14. 17a_tailgater

Bart Scott has noticed the difference between the 2 stadiums.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2011/09/09/2011-09-09_ryan_i_wont_fan_violence.html

Even as Rex Ryan unintentionally stuck himself in another controversy, one of his most outspoken players defended the coach Thursday and told Jets fans to get off their iPads and on to their feet.

"I think the last stadium was a lot louder and maybe some of the die-hard fans can't afford tickets any more," Bart Scott was saying Thursday, referring to the PSLs that priced some longtime fans out of the stadium. "We have to challenge the people that's in the stadium now to get off their iPads and tweets and represent the stadium and get loud and make it a home-field advantage for us."Ryan explained Thursday that comments he made Wednesday in which he "recommended" that fans wearing Cowboy gear not show up at Sunday's opener were not intended to threaten Dallas fans. In light of the fan violence at a Giants-Dodgers game in March and a Raiders-49ers game last month, Ryan should have found a better way to get his point across, although he wasn't putting a bounty on fans who show up Sunday night wearing visitors jerseys.

There was no question what Scott intended when I asked him about the atmosphere at the new $1.7 billion stadium, which opened last season, after the Jets had played at Giants Stadium from 1984-2009.

"I don't think it was one of the louder stadiums last year. We have to do a better job of keeping them excited and making sure they are loving what they are seeing on the field."

Accusing Jets fans of being on their electronic devices instead of following Fireman Ed's "J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets" chant is almost sacrilegious, although the atmosphere at the stadium last year was vanilla at times. Maybe the fans and the team needed a season to get used to the building: the Jets were only 5-3 at home in 2010 (6-2 on the road) and didn't score a touchdown in any of their three losses at the Meadowlands.

Jets fans will obviously outnumber Dallas fans Sunday night, but don't forget that the Cowboys are America's Team and they attract fans everywhere they play.

Ryan, who was asked Wednesday about Dallas fans showing up wearing their caps and jerseys, wasn't buying into that theory.

"I don't know why they'd be here. They're coming into our stadium," he said. "It's probably not recommended that you wear Cowboys stuff, I would think."

Ryan seemed surprised Thursday that it was being suggested that he was strong-arming Cowboys fans. He does say a lot of things with a desired intent to needle or infuriate, but in this case, he didn't have bad intentions.

He wants the stadium, he says, to be "green and white," even though he wasn't suggesting fans take action against anyone wearing metallic silver and blue
    "Obviously, if it was taken that way, it certainly wasn't my intention to be taken that way," Ryan said. "Either way, I certainly didn't mean it to come out like that if that was the way it was taken."

He didn't back down Thursday, either.

"I'm serious about it: I think that our stadium doesn't need to have visiting color jerseys," he said. "I want our stadium filled. If somebody else comes to enjoy a game, that's fine. I'm not calling for our guys to do anything. The safety of every fan is important to everybody in this organization, including me. But would I prefer not to see another color jersey, another team's jersey? Absolutely. I would love to see our stadium just in our color.

"We have such a fan base now, these tickets ought to be hard to get, and Jets fans aren't going to give their tickets to the Cowboys fans," he added. "I don't see our fans doing that."

Scott backed up his coach.

"Would you expect him to want to see Cowboys fans in the jerseys?" Scott said. "I don't think anybody would want that to happen. It's kind of like, you see Pittsburgh fans all over. At some point, it's your fans that's allowing them to get those tickets or some people selling their tickets. If you are true fans, your loyalty should lie with your team, not with Dallas."

At least Ryan has never had to pipe in crowd noise at practice to prepare his offense for a hostile home game. That's what Dolphins coach Tony Sparano did this week to get his offense ready for all the Patriots fans expected at their opener Monday night in Miami.

Maybe Jets fans can just turn up the volume on their iPads to make some noise.

15. Section 227. Row 5

"I think the last stadium was a lot louder... We have to challenge the people that's in the stadium now to get off their iPads and tweets and represent the stadium and get loud and make it a home-field advantage for us."

Part of the problem is that I believe fans feel more distant to the action than they were before. The old stadium was tighter, louder and closer and you felt like you were part of the field. The new stadium is spread out so much, the viewing experience is different. It's like you're at a football game but you're really just watching distant figures from afar. So they resort to tweeting and texting while watching the game on the giant screens. It's almost no different than sitting in a bar for many people.

In fact, they do sit in the bar (and lounges) within the stadium, where they can make believe they're at a live football game (LOL). They drink and tweet and talk on their phones ad catch glimpses of the game on the HDTVs. Then they leave and tell everyone they were "at the game" so that they're friends can all respond "Awesome, dude."

Meanwhile, they have to check the final score before they leave, lest they won't even know the outcome. Fucking ridiculous. Why even go?

16. Section 227. Row 5

Jaguars game right now:

UD Endzone as low as $27
    UD Sideline as low as $30

Plenty of them too. Daytime game, 1PM, no QB, our DEF will destroy the new kid and just a beautiful, fun day to be at the stadium. Jets will trounce them.

$27. Go figure. That's what the market is telling us the real price is for these seats.

17. baamf

baamf Active Member

Received this e-mail about upper deck improvements. The express staircase should be interesting. We shall see....

As a valued 300-level season ticket holder, we've been listening to you and are always looking to make improvements. To that end, when you arrive on Sunday you can look forward to the following changes in the 300-level:

• New $3 value menu snack items at all 300-level Franks Stands located at Sections 310, 317, 335 and 342

• Two express postgame staircases for 300-level guests only which reach the plaza in less than five minutes at Sections 311 and 341

• Increased capacity in men's restrooms located at Sections 302, 309, 315, 328, 338, 345 and 351

• Pregame meet & greet with Jets alumni Bruce Harper and Randy Beverly on the concourse near Section 335

• Face painting booths during the game at Sections 311, 322, 334 and 348

In addition to these changes, more improvements will be implemented throughout the season. In the coming weeks, you will also notice the following:

• A canopy covering each of the endzone concourses to provide shelter from inclement weather

• Additional eating and drinking surfaces throughout the concourse

18. Section 227. Row 5

I got the same email.. Sounds good.

19. Gator

Gator Active Member

Why bring me into it again Rambo? WTF did I do? Why don't you post more pictures of Minh Tran or whatever the fuck his name is.

20. sg3

sg3 Banned

deleted

deleted

deleted

#12400 sg3, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011