vlad 'the turnstyle' ducasse

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyJETS0511, Aug 15, 2011.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Actually, there are snaps where he's kicked the living shit out of people.

He's has very polarizing series. Either he looks lost and shitty, or he looks great. Problem is no one seems to notice the pancake block.

He needs one more year.

2. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I noticed it.

One of the first plays of game four. Edge rusher tries to streak past Ducasse, Ducasse barely even taps him and plants him three feet under the turf. It was terrific.

I noticed the sacks after that. And the false starts.

Single, solitary good plays are glimmers of hope for certain positions- wide receivers, running backs, maybe even pass rushers. Not for offensive linemen.

For offensive linemen, it's all about consistency. Good plays don't matter for these guys if they're immediately followed by terrible plays. I need to see Vlad Ducasse play a mistake-free game... check that, a mistake-free quarter... actually, how about a mistake-free series against future pizza delivery boys before I can say, in any capacity, that he's played well.

Nothing but respect for you for fighting the good fight and buying the youngins some time amidst a rabid fanbase, Mick... but I don't see it in Ducasse. E-Drinks on me if I can eat these words next year.

3. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I do wonder how much he would have improved with another full pre-season behind him. Its all speculation but surely he would have made better progress.

4. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Actually he has played well at times and poorly at times. He will keep getting better.

#484 AbdulSalam, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

We will never know, but by now he should be doing the fundamentals, which he isn't. Football body , but alas without football brain.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

You watch the second and third pre season games? You saw all that if you did.

7. gustoonarmy

Trading for Caleb Schlauderaff (sp?) speaks volumes to me.

Edit: Found this...

Whos your money on (godforbid) if this happens?

#487 gustoonarmy, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Hard to say, you would think Ducasse. Schlauderaff is a new guy and obviously didn't impress Green Bay. He probably has to show the coaching staff something first before he passes Vlad.

9. gustoonarmy

From the article at the other official site :)wink:) it sounds like they scouted him fairly well before the draft .

This is something VD doesn't possess ...

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You don't think Vlad has a mean streak? That's not true. He plays mean. He looks dumb, but he plays mean.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I think that's what has hurt all 2nd year players this season, and he's not at a position where he can make a mistake and it's not noticed. Its very noticed on the OL due to a QB getting killed or a run being stuffed.

He needs one more year and he'll come around. With everyone under contract for a while he won't replace a starter and be dominant, but I think next preseason we'll finally see Vlad get up to speed in the NFL.

12. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

We know he is a project. Move him to Rt.
    Simple

13. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Exactly... I really am a big gan of Callahan but is it so hard to understand Ducasse clearly is too raw (or stupid :p) to learn how to play BOTH T and G?
    Let him concentrate on one position (which should be T), learn only one technique (G and T are more different than one would think) and I'm sure we'll see some developments sooner than later.

If the CS continues to teach him both G and T he won't be able to contribute on neither and then we'll have wasted a 2nd rd pick...

Agreed... aggressivness isn't something lacking from Ducasse's skillset.

#493 Mambo9, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Just an FYI, he was playing Guard because Moore was hurt and they had no one else after Turner went down.

They want him at RT full time. Injuries made the plans change.

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Still, in my opinion he should NEVER see a snap at guard for a year. We have a 90 man roster... if a starting G goes down during TC put in a 2nd teamer like Kroul, but not Vlad! He clearly proved he couldn't handle it...

PS BTW Turner wasn't available because Vlad was at RG and got him killed -.-"

16. JETFIGHTERS

Ducass is a RG! Not a T... One thing at a time shesss!

NDmick;Just an FYI, he was playing Guard because Moore was hurt and they had no one else after Turner went down.

They want him at RT full time. Injuries made the plans change.

Put a person in what they excell in and they will acheieve ther goals, reguardless of any monetery value. Ducass is a RG period. Thats all he is at this moment. Shit, let him absorb that at least.

17. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

after reading so many thoughts on this guy, up to this point he was not worthy of a 2nd round pick. So many people keep making excusses that he is struggling because of the lockout, when he is making how many millions. Vlad needed to stay with Brick/Mangold this offseason just as Wilson did with Revis.

Sorry but a 2nd round pick O lineman should be able to step right in and play at a certain level. You draft guys in the later rounds to be projects.

18. JETFIGHTERS

Exactly

blackssmagic after reading so many thoughts on this guy, up to this point he was not worthy of a 2nd round pick. So many people keep making excusses that he is struggling because of the lockout, when he is making how many millions. Vlad needed to stay with Brick/Mangold this offseason just as Wilson did with Revis.

Sorry but a 2nd round pick O lineman should be able to step right in and play at a certain level. You draft guys in the later rounds to be projects.

AMEN BROTHER!

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Turner wasn't available because Mangold got hurt and then Vlad got his leg broken when JJ "I'm already playing like a 3 year veteran" Watt beat him on the inside.

Kroul? He just learned how to play guard 4 weeks ago and you want him playing next to the starters? He'll make Vlad look like Alan Faneca.

They had no one else. Vlad had experience at RG from last season, so he was the only option. Do we only remember the Texans game?

Because against the Bengals when he was with the 1s he did an okay job, and this thread was no where to be found.

A few penalties in week 4, which he is being held accountable for, and this thread got torn open as fast as possible. That's bullshit. I'm not singling you out personally, I'm just saying in general that's what people do.

#499 NDmick, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The CS moved him to RT full time this season. That was the decision heading into this offseason until it got shortened by the lockout.

He's an RT. That's what he's going to learn because he's having difficulty with RG. But as I stated, injuries put him at RG for the preseason. He's a RT. That's final. That's not my opinion - that's what Rex and Callahan are doing.