The "What do you think of this trade" thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by CraigF1210, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Neither, just wanted some opinions on it. I would much rather have Steven Jackson and Ben Roethlisberger as Addai and Ocho are backups at best I think. Almost everyone else in our league thinks the guy that got SJax and Rapist got robbed though.. so much so that they wanted to deny the trade.

My roster is as follows to prove its not me
    QB Romo
    RB Ray Rice, Shonn Greene, Beanie Wells, Mark Ingram, Roy Helu, Rashad Jennings, Derrick Ward
    WR Mike Wallace, Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Sidney Rice, Davone Bess
    TE Owen Daniels
    DEF Lions (no kicker at the moment)

#21 Rockefella, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  2. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I agree. It's insane that Ochocinco's current ADP is late 4th round (i.e. he's getting drafted over Santonio Holmes).

3. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I guess people are stuck on the idea that Ocho will have some Moss-esque resurgence with Brady. Addai hasn't done shit in years either. Maybe they're stuck in the past.. IDK

4. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I don't have so much of a problem with Addai's ADP. He usually comes off the board in the 7th which is standard fare for low-end fantasy RBs that start for their teams. He still scores TDs for the Colts so he's not a terrible bye week fill-in.

5. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Tony Romo
    Mike Wallace
    Sidney Rice

for

Calvin Johnson
    Cam Newton

Thoughts?

6. CraigF1210

CraigF1210 Member

If you have anything else at QB I'd do this in a second

Megatron is far and away the best player involved, Rice and Romo can be replaced, gotta get the superstars when you can

7. CraigF1210

CraigF1210 Member

I know what you mean, in my draft Ocho went the pick before Holmes, it was cool with me, I got Holmes

8. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I'm actually empty at QB behind Romo. I just figure I can trade for a starter though.

9. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Unless you've already got a trade on the table, don't assume that you'll immediately be able to trade for a replacement for Romo. If someone were to trade away their starting QB and try to make a trade with me for a QB, I'd definitely try to get a king's ransom for him because I know I've got all the leverage. As for the trade proposal, I don't think Calvin Johnson is enough of an upgrade over Mike Wallace for you to trade away your starting QB and not get a QB in return.

10. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I could take Sanchez off waivers too. IDK, I don't put too much value in QBs. I would try to pick up someone like Bradford or Stafford on the cheap.

11. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Anybody whose smart isn't going to give up Stafford cheap. He has top 5 potential if he stays healthy. I wouldn't make that trade personally

12. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Awful trade. CJ is the best player but last year Mike Wallace actually outscored him, and you give up a top 10 QB AND a #3 WR who has a ton of upside?

13. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

He wouldn't take it so point is moot I guess. I don't think I would have made the trade in the end, I'm just trying to gauge Megatron's worth. The people in my league are terrified of trading it seems.

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

That is all too common in fantasy.

15. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I might have this trade coming soon:
    What I get:
    Receive Beanie Wells, Ari RB
    Receive DeSean Jackson, Phi WR
    Receive Kevin Kolb, Ari QB

What he gets:
    Send Brandon Lloyd, Den WR from WR
    Send Thomas Jones, KC RB from Bench
    Send Josh Freeman, TB QB from Bench

He needs a QB ( Kolb is his best)

He offered me Wells, Stewart, and Kolb for Freeman but I wanted an upgrade at WR since I have CJ2K, Felix Jones, Thomas Jones at RB, and Larry Fitz, Brandon Llyod, and Mike Sims Walker.

What do you think should I make the other trade or this one with an upgrade at WR?

btw Big Ben is my other QB.

16. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

^
    DeSean Jackson is definitely an upgrade over Lloyd and TJ is pretty much worthless. You don't need Freeman if you've got Ben. I would definitely make that trade.

17. JohnnyThaJet

I offered it too him but he's really looking for a trade for a good QB and offering me Stewart and Wells and Kolb for just Freeman was a little overkill so I thought okay, give him Freeman, a slight downgrade at WR with Llyod and Wells. and get a QB, idk if he will do it but he needs a QB.

If he declines I think I will take the Wells, Stewart deal or trade Freeman too another team for an upgrade at WR (better choice)

18. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Lloyd is the best player in this deal to my mind. Freeman is better than Kolb and Wells is better than Jones. Desean is flashy, but not an upgrade from Lloyd, Lloyd gets more targets, more deep targets, and that team has nothing else, he is the new Brandon Marshall.

19. JohnnyThaJet

I cancelled my offer because I think I can flip Llyod and Wells or Stewart.

He offered me, previously, Wells, Johnathan Stewart, and Kolb for Freeman. I think ill take that and then use J Stewart and Llyod to get a better WR OR keep J stewart and Wells and Llyod.

What do you and others suggest?

Or should I just re up that offer? or maybe see if I can pull Desean Jackson for Freeman straight up?

#39 JohnnyThaJet, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  20. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

this is not a trade scenario but i'd figure i ask anyways.

who would you rather have if you had the choice this year?

brandon marshall or boldin?

i passed on marshall and took boldin as my #2 receiver in one league. my hatred for the dolphins partially motivated my decision but so did vagina forehead throwing to him and the fact he has no one to keep coverages from rolling towards him. Boldin had a pretty good first half of the season last year and i think he'll be better with another year and lee evans on the other side.