17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the game the other night. I only care about the rain when I am tailgating. During the game, I have excellent rain gear and it does not bother me at all. The place is what it is, but it felt great being back HOME and I love being a season ticket holder. As long as I have the stairs to leave and don't need the escalator, I can deal with all the other shit. I just want to enjoy the team and live football. Besides, nobody can tell it like 227. Hey CBG, we get it, you are happy, just keep in mind with all the bitching we all still LOVE being a season ticket holder and its still something very special to us. Opening day for me is like the first day of the year, another year, another season, I am still alive.

2. Clayture

Clayture Member

Seems a more appropriate name for the stadium would be WetLife Stadium

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

GetALife Stadium, WetWife Stadium? nothing sticks except JetLife

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It's a joke? But... but... I thought I'm special. Do you mean to tell me this code isn't a special code just for us Season Ticketholders? I was under the impression that this was a very special Pre Sale, an exclusive, secret way for us to score some really great seats that no one else can get until they "actually" go on sale. I mean, they're not on sale yet, right? They only go on sale after our special Pre Sale, right?

5. GordonGecko

Updated chart with the week ahead price for next thursday's pre-season vs the Eagles at Jet Life. 4843 tickets left for sale:

[​IMG]

#12365 GordonGecko, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  6. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

So i was looking at the Stadium info and for the PSL the Lower Level Endzone went up from 2,500 a seat to 4,000. I thought these were sold out. Do not know if its a marketing strategy or if they are just trying to make more money on them for people upgrading and what not.

7. Section 227. Row 5

You think it's a market strategy or they're trying to make more money?

8. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Im not sure but I think its odd that they are changing prices is it something to come for Upperdeck?? What caused this all of a sudden is what im trying to get at??

9. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

The Jets are trying to get new comers to buy the remaining $5,000 and up Lower Level PSL's.

It's a lot easier to sell somebody a 5,000 or 6,000 dollar PSL when you tell them that the cheapest Lower Level PSL is $4,000.

This is for the newbies that aren't aware of $2,500 PSL pricetag that use to be attached to those Lower Level Endzone seats.

10. GordonGecko

the 2k5 psls were the best deal in the place, and the Jets aren't in the business of giving people good deals

11. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

It's all about supply and demand. Relative to the other non-club seats, there were a huge number of LLEZ seats to sell. Mezz A is a relatively small section. Originally, the made the mistake of pricing the LLEZ at $5K, Mezz A and Mezz B at $4K. While Mezz A quickly sold out, the Lezz and Mezz B seats were difficult to move. The Jets (needing sellouts) were forced to drastically cut LLEZ and Mezz B to $2.5K to move them in time for the 2010 season opener.

As many people have noticed, teams normally have a number of seats in all sections to sell as people default or upgrade. That is normal and the new price is for the sale of those seats.

With the LLEZ still sold out, there is no longer a reason for the Jets to sell the LLEZ seats at the "sale" price that they were forced to offer last year. Plus, as another poster noted, having LLEZ available at $2.5K made it hard to justify upgrading to other sections.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I guess this is related to this section, did anyone see the photos and video of the event to promote MetLife Stadium on Friday? Why is it in Giants blue? MetLife's colors are a lighter shade of blue. It irritated me seeing the Jets wearing Giant color blue hats.

[​IMG]

13. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Get a grip.

14. GordonGecko

Here's the 1-day update for the Eagles pre-season game:

[​IMG]

948 tickets left

15. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I sold mine for face value through Ticket Exchange minus the 10% fee they charge. I don't know how I managed to pull it off but I am not mad at all.

16. GordonGecko

Here's the t-minus 1-week update for the cowboys opener, over 6000 tickets left which is a lot. Prices are going to dump by saturday morning:

[​IMG]

17. Section 227. Row 5

I don't understand why there are so many tickets left and you're right, the prices seem to be dropping.

But this is the HOME OPENER, for God's sake, and on 9/11 to boot, so the hype will be incredible. And against the Dallas Crybabies no less. And this is the team that is undoubtedly going to the Super Bowl this year for sure.

I think the economy being in the tank is hurting ticket sales big time. It's a luxury, an expensive one at that. The Upper Deck tickets have flooded the market and everybody knows the Jets will sell you one at face in a heartbeat, so most buyers are looking for considerably less than face. I see some very attractive UD PRime seats going for less than face and it's shocking. And the expensive stuff definitely isn't moving.

Let's face it. Face on my tickets is $125. That's a $500 afternoon for 4 seats... plus you've got to park and buy some stuff while you're there. That's a pretty expensive afternoon for 4 hourrs worth of entertainment... entertainment you can get for free sitting in front of your widescreen HDTV.

I have to be fucking crazy....

18. Section 227. Row 5

Okay, upon checking just now, UD Prime seems to be holding its own. Least expensive tickets on the board would net the owner $129.20 after the 15% selling commission. The guy is making a whopping $4.20 per seat, but at least he's not losing money.

The regular UD Sideline (and especially the UD Endzone) seats are taking a shellacing. Looks like $84 can get you a $105 face-value, and this only nets the seller $71.40, far less than face.

This tells us that the UD is still overpriced. The market is telling us so. If the Jets want to keep asses in the UD, they need to lower the Sideline seats by 20% and the EZ seats by 30%. Then, maybe then, they might have more people up there. Otherwise, they'll be leaving in droves. And this is happening in a supposedly good season. Wait until the days return when we finish 4-12. My God, there won't be anybody up there at those prices if that happens. Good luck Woody, you greedy bastard.

19. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i will be cancelling my season after this year. then waiting and holding out for free parking and no preseason seats.maybe a sideline upper or even a mezz psl without a psl.

#12379 17a_tailgater, Sep 8, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

anyone have an extra yellow parking pass they aren't using for Sunday's game?