Cool Story Bro

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scikotic, Jul 25, 2011.

?

1. Return to AFC championships and Schotty stays at least to 2012

33.3%
  2. No Playoffs and Schotty fired immediately

66.7%
  1. RevisCromartieisland

2. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

He's actually thrown down the field quite a lot for a young signal-caller. It's a function of Schottenheimer's offense.

3. ........

........ Trolls

I hate you. I hate the idea of this thread. I'm not big on superstition, and I'm not big on curses. I'm also not big on people getting way the hell ahead of themselves and making stupid guarantees.

Could we win the SB? Of course. We've been close two years in a row and have a QB we believe in heading into his 3rd season.

Should we count on it, or worse, guarantee it? Fuck no. Get that shit out of here.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The internet gives those who need their larrox crushed a voice.

5. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Slow down a bit there Mr. optimism the season has not even started. It is good to have passion and fire for the team, but it is still preseason. I want the Jets to hoist that LT as much as any die hard Jets fan, but it is good to keep yourself grounded and keep things in perspective.

It is a long season and a brutal trip in the playoffs and only one team gets the ultimate prize. We as fans need to take this trip one week at a time just like our beloved New York Jets do. The what if's in life and in football only lead to heart break and pain.
    What if.................. we all just enjoy our team as they embark on this upcoming football season.......

6. MeanGreen1983

MeanGreen1983 New Member

OP I assume you have been a Jet fan since 2009 and largely because you have a crush on Mark Sanchez. This is the exact garbage posted on the forum on the official site and it sucks. You obvioulsy have felt no pain as a Jet fan because if you did, you wouldnt dare throw around statements like that

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

What I took from the op is that if we average 28-30 points a game we'll win.

Guaranteeing a SB victory is stupid but if we literally can do that on offense it's a damn good formula with Rex's D. In 38 games we've only given up 28 or more 5 times I believe. In 2 of those 5 we still could've won. Could be 6 I'm on my phone and don't feel like checking.

Can you imagine if teams were constantly put in the position to throw and play catchup against us?

I'll say if our D can just stay par for the course but our offense be dominant we're in for another special season.

8. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Still a TGG punch line I see.

9. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

God people need to stop proclaiming us SB winner.

10. boxorox

boxorox Banned

I'll proclaim us Super Bowl winner....sometime in the next five years. Prove that wrong! I'll wait. In the meantime we have as good a shot or maybe even better than anyone this year. Our core talent is young (rex too) and staying for life. Brady has 2 or 3 elite years left if that. Everyone wants to play for us as we have proven over the last couple offseasons. Nice card to have in your back pocket if you take a major loss somewhere. We're today's team, and tomorrow's team. It's AMAZING to be a Jets fan, who'da thunk it?

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

there once was a QB named vinny..........;)

jil

12. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

if rex can come up with some new ways to hit the quarterback then the defense will be un-penetrable, but if they have the same kind of problems as last year pressuring the qb we are in for a long season

28 points a game. with schotty? lol

13. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

who gave us dreams of glory
    then he broke his achilles
    and we all know the rest of the story

14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Starts from the Top!!

I guess you need to talk to Rex.

I agree talk is cheap, get it done on the field.

We have all the talent and can win it all. Actions on the field will determine the Jet's fate, not a bunch of cheap talk.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We're not going to average 28 points per game.

And that really has no bearing on our Super Bowl chances.

Living well is the best revenge. Lying about wealth on the internet is not living well.

16. JeTs8320

JeTs8320 New Member

don't get why everyone says this...we were 8th in the league in sacks with no elite pass rusher

17. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I miss piss people off, but I don't care.

Our season hinges on Mark Sanchez. I"m a hige fan of Mark's

Its all about Sanchez not making mistakes and let the playmakers make plays.

If Sanchez has a great year, the Superbowl will be a reality.

Our Defense and ST will be great it's all about the QB play. Sanchez understands this and I think he will step up.

18. abyzmul

Rex always comes up with new ways to hit the QB. How do you think we beat New England in the playoffs? The lack of one marquee pass rusher doesn't mean that the defense was a sieve. The perception that we had trouble pressuring the QB last season is something that people need to get past, because it's not true.

Edit: see also the post by JeTs8320

19. abyzmul

Totally agree, if the Jets got what they traded up for in 2009, then this is the year that Sanchez really takes the next step and we don't have to worry about Rex pulling a football rabbit from his hat to magically win games. STs, defense, they will be as good as ever. But the results of this season are dependant on Sanchez. No way around it.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

There's always a pull in the pre-season of hoping that a realistic assessment of the team heading into Opening Day can win the SB on one hand, competing with the realization that the season is played one game at a time, which is a good thing, and is long with unforeseen developments ahead. That being the case, I can understand enthusiasm as indicated by the OP, while not really sharing it.

In fact I think this thread is stupid.