vlad 'the turnstyle' ducasse

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyJETS0511, Aug 15, 2011.

1. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Seriously though, we all saw a much better player tonight. He put Bengals on the ground a handful of times and gave up no sacks. He had a good game, now for a big test against the Giants next week (although Moore is probably good to go by then).

2. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

How many penalties did he draw?

3. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Two false starts, but the second one (down near the end zone) should've been called on Sanchez for pulling out early.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Pretty quiet in here tonight. Wonder why.

Kid looked fine today. You can't doubt he's going to be a road grading blocker in the future.

His pass blocking looked better today. Nothing alarming. You didn't notice he was there until the 2 false starts were called. And yes, one of them was on Sanchez and not him.

Once again, knee-jerk tard threads get pissed on.

Fuck this thread, and your couch.

5. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Wow. This kid will never get a break, huh?

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Unless he's a pro bowler, people won't let it go.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

[​IMG]

8. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

You know, I thought about that, but I didn't think it was entirely relevant to the thread. "FUCKIN SANCHEZ."

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Vlad played a good game last night.

where are all the phony sky is falling idiots who've been ranting in this thread about how Vlad was a turnstile? What a bunch of clueless losers.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He did play good. He was invisible which is always good but I'm not sure how good Cincinnati is.

11. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

why give a break to someone who is terrible everytime he takes the field?

12. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

Being upset about a player giving up 3 sacks and having 3 penalties in 6 quarters of football is not just some unwarranted knee jerk reaction. It's cause for concern.

Vlad did better yesterday, no doubt, but I certainly wouldn't name him as a standout. 2 penalties against. LT ran for 16 yards on 9 carries. Can't blame all of that on any one guy, but if Vlad was really a "Road Grader" as you suggest, I'm sure we would have had more success.

Glad he didn't let up a sack, and his pass pro was much better, but lets get serious, it was one half of football against the worst team in the league. If he plays like this for the rest of PS, maybe he will ease concerns at the backup G/T spots.

13. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

2 flags in one half of football is not invisible.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Ducasse did not have a crappy game the first time out?

He did not have a good game last night. He looked not as bad as the first time out. Facts.

15. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I am one of those guys, He played better last night, It may have been that he was at RG instead of RT or the weather or he just played better. I still think he is a danger to the other players and dread an injury to our starters. But to be honest he played much better.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The idiots who wanted him cut are the ones I'm referring to.

Can't blame it all on one guy, but you try to do so anyway with being presumptuous about what Vlad did in the run game. Watch film. He wasn't the reason LT had a bad day. Ask Slauson why that 3rd and 2 wasn't converted.
    They don't have the worst front 7 in the league. Not with Mike Zimmer coaching. Their offense makes them a 3-6 win team this year. Let's get serious.

17. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

he definitely looked better last night. granted, it was the bengals, but he did his thing and thats all that matters. more games like that and he becomes a non issue

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The stupidity of some fans is really amazing. Anybody who wanted to cut this guy based on the texans game s/b truly embarrassed of themselves for being so ignorant and short sighted. Vlad is going to be a very good solid OL for this team - he is consistently developing into a better player. Young OL make mistakes especially when they are being asked to play 3 different positions. You don't invest time and money in a guy and then just cut him because of one bad game - thats incredibly stupid. Shame on you fools.

19. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Banned

Some posters continue to refer to this kid as a "Project." Fuck that, you don't draft a project in the 2nd round. You draft guys who can contribute right away, unless you're taking the BPA and that obviously wasn't the case.

Everyone here can make excuses for him all day and that's fine. The truth is he was a 2nd round selection with an entire years worth of experience and at this point he looks like an undrafted rookie fighting for a roster spot out there. Nobody is calling for his head, nobody wants him cut. I'm sure everyone just want him successful.

It doesn't make anyone any less of a fan to call a spade a spade. I hope for everyone's sake he gets his shit together and executes his assignments. At this point I don't think anyone expects Jake long or Joe Thomas, but we're not accepting Columbo either.

20. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

You have no idea what the hell you are talking about jersey joe. but congratulations on making your 10th idiotic post.

Ducasse is correctly described as a project because he was not expected to start at OL during his first few seasons in the NFL. He immigrated from haiti, barely played high school ball and went on to be an all-american at UMass because although he was raw - he was able to dominate based on his tremendous size and strength. The fact that you are totally unaware of these fundamental facts is not surprising, but it does demonstrate that you have no idea what you are talking about. He is developing and played a good game last night - he has come a LONG WAY in just one season and he didn't have the benefit of the off season program due to the lock out. He will just get better and better with a huge upside given his physical skills. Those who decided to freak out and trash the dude and call for him to be cut or replaced after 1 preseason game are truly stupid - he was drafted as a project, he's huge and he's improving. Alot of OL who turn out to be great OL don't even start until their 3rd seasons - so relax jersey joe and try reading and doing some research before you just start going off on something you have no clue about?