vlad 'the turnstyle' ducasse

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyJETS0511, Aug 15, 2011.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Same shit different year. Tgg is still shell shocked over Gholston.

2. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

Also Ducasse was getting taken to school on a few other plays--for example Mario Williams got by him (and he held Williams but it wasn't called) on the 3rd and 6th on the first drive when Adibi got the sack.

3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

The next Gholston...

4. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

Vlad "HOG HEAD" Ducasse

5. ukilledkenny

Lol, how many times does this comparison need to be shown to completely retarded before it stops being made?

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Just kidding but he has to play better or he's going to get sanchez killed, there's only one Gholston thank god!

7. ukilledkenny

That I can agree with. He can't be trusted in pass protection right now.

8. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

I know I'm not shell shocked over Gholston. I had very low expectations from the guy about half way through his first year, and they got lower every day since.

If anyone is shell shocked, it's the defenders, not the "darksiders" (realists) Maybe everyone is so used to all of our picks working out for us that they forget that from time to time, a draft pick is just not NFL caliber.

We've been lucky, and I think as good as our FO has been, the odds are catching up to us.

9. cantwaitt

cantwaitt New Member

All of you are stupid...how are you going to judge him alrfeady after 1 season u ppl obv don't kno football if u don't realize it. Takes time to mature

10. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

I mean, I understand he was drafted as a project OL, BUT come on last night's performance was absolutely dreadful. If he shows no improvement over the course of this preseason (in his second year) I'd say that we may need to cut our losses. Regardless, it was only the first game in the preseason after coming off of a long lockout. We still might be able to see him improve before the regular season starts.

11. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

12. ukilledkenny

We did this last year with McKnight. When it's too early to judge someone it is too early. If this had been a normal offseason I would be more concerned but taking into account all the valuable time with coaches he missed out on I don't think it's fair to write him off. If he was a first round pick from Texas or some other d-1 powerhouse I would agree with the hate he is getting. It was known that he wasn't NFL ready and missing his first full offseason slowed his development greatly.

13. Klaus Casanova

Klaus Casanova New Member

The wide football message board world tends to follow suit with this flavor of minor recreational psychosis. The fan is focused on catastrophic results of one team, without possessing the willingness to measure those results across the span of the league.

It may be more prevalent in the Jets fan populace, but only due to ESPN's recurring parade of ridicule when addressing the Jets history of drafting players. You do not see this parade in most other outlets of sports media, even with the mainly pessimistic beat writers.

14. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

No, the comparasins to McKnight are not the same. Joe McKnight showed you something in his rookie year to believe he's got the talent to play in the NFL. He sat behind two great backs, and is obviously not going to beat them out as a rookie 4th round pick.

Kyle Wilson Underwhelmed, but showed some ability. I would think he's going to be able to play nickel at a decent level this year, and maybe be able to develop into a solid starter in another year or two.

Vlad couldn't even challenge a second year 6th round pick for last years job, and was inactive basically all year. This season is no different. He isn't challenging anyone, and doesn't even look like a capable backup.

It's so funny- everyone talks about how it takes guys time to develop. That's understandable, but the problem is, there have been basically no signs of development- he still plays like a rookie. Guys like Rob Turner, Wayne Hunter and Matt Slausson are pretty solid guys, but are all replaceble. I think it's fair to say, that a 2nd round pick in his 2nd season should be able to challange one of those JAGS for their spot. If he can't, I think it's fair to say that he's probably not going to meet expectations.

Keep in mind- the average NFL CAREER is only about 3 years long, so those of you waiting for the 3 years to judge if the guy can play ball or not might be in for a rude awakening.

15. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

In the recipe for disaster, the key ingredient is Vlad Ducasse.

The guy is going to get someone hurt.

16. ukilledkenny

The McKnight comparison works just fine. He was picked with the idea that he might be able to contribute right away but due to his physical talents would eventually develop into a useful player. Fans of the team are expecting first round, NFL ready production out of him and it just isn't realistic.

Ducasse played in that same meaningless game that McKnight showed something and nobody was starting threads about how terrible he looked that day. He looked terrible on a few pass protections last night. If it was a regular season game and he was a starter it would be an abomination but it is preseason and he is obviously not ready to be trusted with bigger responsibilities

Your point about average NFL careers is completely irrelevant as I can guarantee ducasse will be here for another full year no matter how much the tgg scouting department wants him cut.

17. My theory remains intact: There is a sector of Jet fans that insist on having an in house villian to peg as the next big bust. It started year one of Brick, we heard whispers with Wilson, Gholston never stood a shance after a subpar preseason his rookie year, and now it's Ducasse. The guy gives up 3 sacks in a meaningless preseason game and he's already the next Mike Haight. You guys are pathetic.

18. BookEndTackles 72&79

In case you didn't notice he already has.

19. This is not uncommon, especially in the NY market. The Rangers, for example, always have a whipping boy. There is always one guy who gets booed when he touches the puck. If that guy is dropped, someone new comes along.

That said, Ducasse looked vastly overmatched in pass protection last night. Dangerously so.

20. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I was upset that Hunter got the starting RT job coming into camp. Now I'm not so upset.