Burress

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

True...IF it's really just a sprained ankle.Plax has had ankle issues in the past. He hardly ever practiced with the Giants in his last 2 seasons with them. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. It could mean this is more serious than it's being portrayed or it could mean it's Plax being Plax and chilling until the games count.

2. ........

........ Trolls

That was the other ankle.

3. Franchize

Maybe he has weak ankles...like Grant Hill. I know ppl used to joke on Stephon Marbury because he used to do ballet to strengthen his ankles when he got traded to the Nets. In my HS basketball playing days I used to sprain my ankle regularly.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I keep thinking that this is the Burgin' thread.

5. ........

........ Trolls

I've heard there's an increased tendency to sprain your ankles when you bite them.

6. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Even though the injury isn't very serious it's still pretty disappointing that he's hurt himself before the first practice lol

7. Franchize

8. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

** Plaxico has been in jail and out of football for two years = true.
    ** Plaxico was examined by Jet doctors and they signed off that Plaxico's healthy/fit enough to play competitively = true (I'm making a safe assumption here).

From Hard Knocks last year, we saw Jets medical staff aren't afraid to let management know that a player isn't ready.

===

I understand your worries concerning Plaxico but it's a little too early to get worried. Jets still haven't played their first preseason game, so there's still plenty of training camp left. For these early preseason games, it wouldn't surprise me if Rex pulls nearly all his starters before first quarter even finishes.

9. ........

........ Trolls

I think we'll see a full first quarter for Sanchez on Monday because of the turnover in the receiving corps. Burress or no, we're looking at two new receivers on 3 man sets. Unless the opening drive is a march down for a TD, I'm guessing we see Sanchez in there to develop a rhythm.

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I can't fuckn' believe this douchebag's mug now appears in an ad on this page.

[​IMG]

11. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

^^^lol, that's hilarious.

12. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i was suprised when i read that he WOULD be playing the other day. I'm glad they changed their minds

theyre doing the right thing.

the guy has to get back into football shape.

people surprised over this are naive

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You have to practice to get back into shape. It's not surprising he is not playing, it is surprising he hasn't been able to practice.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

bahahahaha

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Man,I know this has been vomited all over the board,but how I wish we had Braylon along with Plax,so Plax could be brought along slow.
    i mean for the $ SF paid him(i know i know) we would have had a pretty potent offense.

I pray i'm wrong but if we are expecting Plax to make through 16 games we are fooling ourselves.We can't count on him being there on the field and this is concerning to me.

Let's be honest folks we are expecting a lot out of Kearley(?), If this kids gonna be counted on to be a force in the slot it's worrisome to me.We all know WR's take time to develop.
    THIS SCARES ME!

I just think when the cuts start coming we need to add some depth at WR.

16. ........

........ Trolls

Shhhh. That flew completely under the radar.

17. ........

........ Trolls

Even if Kerley were to have to step into the slot, he wouldn't be counted on to be a force. Mason would be fine as a #2, and Kerley would simply be counted on to carry his weight as the #4/5 option in the offense. That's really not asking a lot, and it's nothing to be too concerned about. Depth will be added if neither Payne nor Turner has done enough to convince the FO they deserve a roster spot.

18. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

19. ........

........ Trolls

When the Jets finally win a Super Bowl, that's exactly how I imagine the Vaynerchuk reaction will be. They should air it on ESPN with the caption "CAMERA WHORE JET FAN BROTHERS STILL ANGRY ABOUT SOMETHING."

20. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

who caress? its preseason. Plax will be ready to go against the boyz when it matters. I see an opening game 2 TD performance.