Is derrick mason going to sign?????

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by section134, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Another Freakin insult.... Go break your medication in half next time. Might work better.

Unbelievable.

2. #28Martin

Was having such a good freakin day.

3. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

Thats the first 10 I found. Maybe riding his jock is a little strong use of words, but come on, 5th round pick a couple of days into camp and people are clearly thinking we have found our #3. Based on a couple of cimini tweets and Mark Sanchez (who gets excited when he finds a shiny penny on the sidewalk) calls him a baller because he had a good day at practice.

I think its more realistic to say Kerley has a good chance at making the team or maybe the practice squad. But saying he is likely to be our #3 is a little too much. We will not go into this season without Mason or some other Vet on the roster to fill #3.

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Stop with the asinine posts, and maybe you wouldn't get such a hard time on the board.

/reality check

5. #28Martin

That's BS... Having great conversations and then get insulted by people I haven't even been talking with.

6. jaybny

jaybny Banned

seriously - change your avatar.

7. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

other then Mason........

only FA WRs out there are a bunch of scrubs (Mike Furrey, Hank Baskett types) and old malcontents (Randy Moss, TO, Housh). I don't think moss will stay retired if a team with a chance to win likes him, hence why he had dinner with the eagles recently.

#247 jets_fan_in_fishtown, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

your posting track record speaks for itself.

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

"The Jets remain interested in free-agent WR Derrick Mason, but they're not the only team in pursuit. His two former teams, the Ravens and Titans, are rumored to be in the hunt. There are also rumblings about the Browns. If it comes down to dollars, the Jets aren't optimistic.

"I'm sure he'd have to leave money on the table to come here," Rex Ryan said Friday.

One aspect of the Mason/Jerricho Cotchery situation begs a question: Why did the Jets release Cotchery before having secured his replacement? By doing so, they have more leverage to Mason's agents. No matter how much the Jets talk up rookie Jeremy Kerley and their young receivers, they have a glaring need at the position. The only certainty is Santonio Holmes. After him, lots of questions, including Plaxico Burress.

So why did the Jets leave themselves exposed like this? Ryan said he promised Cotchery that he'd trade or release him. As we reported Thursday, Cotchery wanted out, a request he first made after last season. Cotchery wanted his old starting job back, and the Jets weren't willing to go there.

"I'm a man of my word," Ryan said, explaining the curious timing of the Cotchery release.

I believe Ryan. The Jets wanted to do right by Cotchery, a loyal soldier for seven years. But by doing so, they put themselves in a pickle."

If Rich believes him then I certainly do.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Furrey retired.

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

You don't draft a player at potential position of need to be on the practice squad or maybe make the team. Rookies are capable of playing in the slot year 1. Good teams have played rookies in the slot for the last few years with good success. Even guys drafted later than the 5th round.

As of today he is likely to be the slot guy, which doesn't make him the #3. It would make him the #4 or #5 option in the passing game.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Chrebet was a walk on from fuckin Hofstra and started his first year....next observation.

13. ........

........ Trolls

We were never going to pay Brad Smith what the Bills did. He got an absurd contract for what he brings to the table, especially with the decreased importance of kickoffs this season.

Thank God we lost out on him. Reports state that he only wanted to sign with us for a number close to what we paid Holmes. His pride prevented him from taking our offer. Can you imagine if we had given him what he wanted?

Cotchery left because Cotchery wanted to leave. He wanted to be a starter, and he wasn't one in our offense. It had absolutely nothing to do with the FO not wanting to pay him. They asked him to play out his contract when he first asked to leave. The chemistry with Sanchez is overrated in Cotchery's situation.

They didn't ask him to wait. They told him that they couldn't make an actual offer until they knew what was happening with Aso. He signed elsewhere, and the team never expressed hard feelings. There's no sense of entitlement. That's absurd. And the team has a MUCH stronger future because of the moves it has been making. It's short-sighted to look at the moves this offseason without looking at what they indicate for the future.

No. We didn't. You are wrong.

14. 624

624 Banned

Something on the internet ruined your day?

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

We're going to need a vet, but you can't discount a 5th round rookie wowing everyone when most go completely unnoticed until they make a mistake.

This kid has impressed out the gate since Jets West Camp. A grain of salt is needed, but let's look towards the Texans game with optimism to see what Kerley has. Any 3 man WR sets will currently have him in the slot.

16. ........

........ Trolls

I don't see "he is likely to be our #3" from most of those posts. I see "he has talent", "he looks fantastic", and a lot of "hopefully". You toned it down a bit, but it's still too strong.

And Sanchez isn't working out with him for the first time here. We know he had two camps with Kerley, and he very well could have spent more time than that working with him.

Say what you want, but I'm sure as hell not looking at it as a bad thing that everyone who is asked about him has nothing but glowing praise.

He'll "maybe make the practice squad"? He won't last on the PS. That's ridiculous.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Ultimate sign of fail.

18. #28Martin

Ha, good point.

19. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I agree with you there. We were hearing similar reports last year about Kyle Wilson and we all know how that went down.

Although we have had good signs on Kerley, Im not ready to pronounce him a great slot receiver yet. All I can say is he will most likely make the squad. You don't find gems in the 4-5th rounds too often.

#259 Jets n Boys, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  20. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Fuck em, Todd. E-fuck em!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.