So I guess the Pats are favorites now...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by srqman1, Jul 29, 2011.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Pitt has missed the playoffs twice in that span so while they have 2 SBs they haven't ben as consistent as NE, NE only missed once and that was b/c Brady was hurt.

2. gopats88

gopats88 Member

But the pats have won 5 of the past 9... I love selective stats

If you want to make a point like that, at least use something meaningful like:

Last Game: Jets won
    Last Season: Jets won 2 of 3
    In the BB vs RR era: Jets won 3 of 5

and spare us the Matt Cassel vs. Brett Favre bullshit.

3. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Rex is building the same type of reputation as Belichick... that is, being able to get the most out of malcontents and trouble-makers while keeping them in check. BB has just been at it longer, that's all.

So much in life is determined from one's reputation... worthy or not!

4. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

As a Pats fan I would love to agree with you, but recent history says the Jets have our number.

I still don't think the Jets have much of a chance at winning the division, but I would rather run into Baltimore, Indy, or Pitt during January, not a team that plays us as often as the Jets.

Not to say I fear them, but I want the easiest road possible followed by a championship. A lombardi trophy means just as much if you have to beat the Jets to get as it does if you have to beat the Panthers or Redskins to get it.

5. gopats88

gopats88 Member

My point wasn't that we have dominated the Jets. I listed three meaningful statistics proving otherwise. I just hate when people reference "convenient" ranges of information. For instance, in draft arguments Jets fans often list success picks "since 2006".

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Haha..I'm not sure that's a good sample as it would include Gholston.

7. colleen74

colleen74 Member

If you think winning ONE superbowl will shut them up... you don't know many Pats fans.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

85 will be kept in check by Revis, single covered all game long. Haynesworth is useless against Mangold. They will produce against others, but not against Jets.

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

[YOUTUBE]nOAZZPLYWiE[/YOUTUBE]

10. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

And guys like you make Jets fans look like whiny insecure babies who cry about disrespect constantly. Nobody's saying BB is a genious because of these moves. It's all in your head. Some are saying that if anyone can get something out of these guys, BB can, because he's done it before.

If the Jets picked up Haynesworth, alot of folks would be saying Rex might rub off on this guy and he might be a monster this year. You ALWAYS assume that everyone would criticize the Jets about it because you take every negative comment about them personal. For every media person saying the Pats made a good move with these guys, there's a Whitlock, Bayless, or someone saying it was a big mistake.

11. Jets4lyfe

Jets4lyfe Member

So what if the Pats are the favorites?

I'd rather be the underdog anyways

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Oh hell no. Not Pats fans. I meant it would keep the media in check.....for a while anyway.

13. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Holy shit was that a smile at the end?

Belichick's disdain for having to answer questions from mediots is clearly stronger than ever.

"Tattoo free." Heh.

14. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I think Belichick seriously likes Rex Ryan.

I'm sure Rob Ryan working with the Patriots made them friendly in the past too.

15. ........

........ Trolls

It doesn't matter if we have the personnel to match up with them individually, it makes their team better as a whole. I don't want them producing against ANYONE, given that we drew with them last season and still lost the division. Make no mistake, Haynesworth and Ocho were very good signings.

Besides, in the case of Ocho, he immediately upgrades their passing attack as a whole. I'd much rather have seen Brandon Tate lined up opposite Deion Branch than Ocho. In 3 wide sets, Branch, Ocho, and Welker is a MUCH better trio than Branch, Tate, and Welker. You're right, Revis is probably lined up on Ocho in that situation, whereas with Tate in the game he could have been used against one of the other two.

16. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Yeah, from everything I know about BB (which is not much, just from reading his book and paying attention I guess) he probably does like Rex. I know he has admiration for guys who love football, whether they're players or coaches, and no matter what someone says about Rex... the man clearly loves what he does, and is damn good at it. All of the Ryans are, including Rob. (Speaking of which, has Rex ever said why Rob isn't on his staff? That's actually kind of scary... literally a clone of your head coach, and one of the league's best coordinators, IMO.)

Plus BB is so unpredictable about these things... I mean, he's got the mutual admiration thing going on with Ochocinco, and is BFFs with Bon Jovi, all that stuff. Kind of difficult to read.

17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Jeez ole Bill was down right giddy!!!

18. Guys like you make Jets fans look like idiots who can't spell "genius."

19. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

[​IMG]

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Rex thinks Rob should be a head coach as well. I don't think he would ever hire him as an assistant for that reason. It might slow down that promotion. If Rob as one or two good years in Dallas he will get that promotion too.