Jets open to trading Cotchery (rumor)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pavlus53, Aug 1, 2011.

1. ........

........ Trolls

Had we signed Nnamdi, Cotchery might be starting this year. He'd still be cut before next season.

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

OMG dude, relax yourself.

Teams make changes.

There are things happening behind the scenes that we have no idea about.

3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Did Rex and company bring this up in their presser, or is it just a rumor going around?

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Thank god we didn't sign aso.

5. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Do you mean losing Moore this year or losing Moore next year?

(Jesus, this thread is giving me an ulcer... so many favorites...)

Personally, I think it may be time to move on from Brandon next season. That all depends on what we see from Vlad Ducasse and Matt Slauson this year.

Ironically enough, you've mentioned the only offensive player with a longer Jets career than Cotchery, and the only other Jets player who isn't healthy from surgery yet.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

It was brought up to them and they did nothing to shoot it down. All that was said is they won't discuss specific players involvement in potential trades.

7. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Other than the fact that neither is slated to play RG...

8. ........

........ Trolls

Of course we have a great team. The FO is committing itself to a core group of players and trusting in its ability to build through the draft and homegrown UDFA talent. Our core players, however, now eat up a sizable bit of cap space, and all but Sanchez have escalating cap values.

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Robert Turner can play a little guard. He's got the ability to start in the NFL.

10. ........

........ Trolls

It's definitely not time to move on from Moore. Not by any means.

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

What else do u wanna pay the 3rd WR? Sorry, couldn't find the sarcasm button on here.

12. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

We're right at that point that the Patriots were 10 years ago. They kept 90% of the team together, somehow, and managed 3 superbowl wins. Keep winning and guys will restructure to stay here.

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Move on from Moore? Why?

14. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

If people would learn to write sarcasm properly, I wouldn't have to learn to read bullshit versions of it.

15. ........

........ Trolls

Yes, but the contract has to be amenable to a restructure. Look at what happened with Scott and Pace. To save 1 million each, we had to guarantee their salaries next season, delaying what was supposed to be a VERY helpful cap move in 2012.

You can only push cap hits off so far. It's been the hallmark of Tanny cap management. With so many young players who are uncuttable and largely unrestructurable with their contracts, moves like Cotchery will have to be made.

16. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Cotch has been a great asset to this team over the years - no doubt about that.

BUT, there are things that elite teams have to do to make sure they stay on the highest level year in and year out (and yes, I consider us to be an elite team, back to back AFCCGs qualifies us to be in that category IMO)

If there is one thing that you can rely on this organization since the Rex is that no matter what crazy/questionable moves they pull, you can always have trust that its for the betterment of the franchise - and the results clearly show it.

For the next 5+ years, we are in for one hell of a ride because Woody, Rex and Tanny are going to do everything humanly possible to bring the trophy back to NY.

17. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Damn, that's rough.

I hope Cotchery remains.

18. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Jesus, I should have let this one be. Oh well, box is open.

Brandon Moore will be 32 and playing on the last year of his contract in 2012. That's why I asked Iggy to specify what year he meant. I AM NOT ADVOCATING THE RELEASE OR TRADE OF BRANDON MOORE THIS YEAR! Next year? We'll have a difficult decision on our hands, and something that will inform that decision will be the performance of Matt Slauson and Vlad Ducasse in 2011. If Matt Slauson, Vlad Ducasse and Brandon Moore play well in 2011... yeah, it might be time to trade Brandon Moore.

19. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I just watched Tanny's press conference. I got the distinct impression that Jerricho is a goner.

20. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Yes, let's trade the most consistent (if unheralded) offensive lineman I have ever seen as a Jet in my lifetime. Offensive lineman are washed up in their early 30's anyways.