Jets Make Offer to Cromartie

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dude, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Exactly ya never know how far Al Davis will go.We cant get too rediculous.

2. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

3 years/45 million?

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Al Davis....oh lord.

4. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

We need to put a time limit of the descision. We can't let his agent drag this out forever and then leave up hanging again. There are pass rushers, safetys and lower end CBs available, but the number of candidates are shrinking.

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

If people know that "there is a thread for that" for every topic discussed,then they have too much fucking time on their hands. It's pathetic,and i'm sure they could find another way to virtually blow a mod.

6. Enigmah

Enigmah Active Member

Also, Cromartie is exactly the type of player Al falls in love with. Freakish athletes with tons of speed and game changing potential. I wouldn't be surprised if he throws some crazy contract his way. In addition, I didn't even mention the fact that they just lost Aso as well. We can't forget that. He's looking for someone to fit into that role as their #1 CB for the next few years.

7. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Sounds about rite!

8. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I agree, but what pass rushers are available?

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

matt roth, manny lawson. both are not very good, or elite.

10. NYJets4EverOnTop

The Raiders just gave Stanford Routt a 3 year $30 million deal so they obviously think he's #1 CB material.

11. If Cro chooses one of the Bay area teams, or has some surprise team sneak up and get him, I have a strong feeling the relationship between the Jets and Condon is strained at best.

12. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

John Clayton ClaytonESPN
    The Bengals signed CB Nate Clements to a two-year, $10.5 million deal that has $6 million in guarantees.

13. ........

........ Trolls

That's actually good news. Could drag values down a bit. There may be some slim hope for an $8 million ceiling after all.

14. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

You kidding me? The guys starts a thread about the Jets making an offer and you give him shit for it? Why don't you go into Murrells thread about the Jets reaching out to Shawn Ellis. That's not nearly as news worthy but I don't see you squawking to him about starting a thread.

You really want everyone to just post all news into one huge "Jets free agency" thread? Is starting a new thread such a bad thing?

Those guys break your balls, so now you think you can attack this guy over some Bull Shit.

As for Cro-- didn't really want the guy after his recent comments, but at this point, the FA pool is getting a little thin. Wouldn't mind having him back, but I don't want to break the bank obviously. Most importantly, I would like a deal which makes him cuttable in 1-2 years without a monster cap hit-- even if he's more expensive for the first year or two.

15. JetsFan

wrong thread

#116 JetsFan, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  16. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Couldn't this work both ways? Clem was prob the best option after Cromartie.

17. JetsFan

If that happens, as an owner Woody should blackball him and publicly refuse to deal with him any more

18. ........

........ Trolls

Yeah...good luck with that.

19. ........

........ Trolls

Well, they've been negotiating for a day with the knowledge Clements had signed and that supply was low. The terms, however, just came out today. It's at least a negotiating point. Really the only team truly desperate for corner help is SF. Couple them with Crazy Al and you have a much more inflationary effect on his value than the market does. I'm hoping Tanny negotiates based on the market and not the competition.