2011 New York Jets Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Jul 19, 2011.

1. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Could mean anything.. Plaxico.. Cromartie.. or a wild trade that none of us saw something. No matter what happens, I have confidence in Mr. T to get the job done.

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Think it has to do with the Plax signing...

3. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

agreed, FO is too good for all the panic that set in. They are executing their plan well.

If Cro comes back then next up are safety and OL. Adding a guy like Heap only adds to existing fire power on offense. Keeping Sanchez upright by getting OL help would be next up for me. Maybe Turner can step in but I'd rather get a proven vet. Seubert was cut by Giants and had a salary of a bit over $2mm so he should come cheaper than that and adds great depth.

So far they're doing a very good job at filling holes and adding depth. I expect it to continue.

4. msldythNYJ

msldythNYJ Member

Probably is just about the Plax signing. Never know with him though.

5. JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa

Id like to sign ellis (or ty warren) for a little as possible for some DL depth, ellis played like a 22 year old against the pats in he playoffs and is an emotional leader in the locker room. That said I dont think he deserves big bucks like his last deal

People here and the media as a whole keep crowing we need to go after a pass rusher...NEWSFLASH....there is no bonifide stud pass rusher out there. All thats left is tully banta cain and a bunch of 2nd tier guys. Like i said earlier with ellis/warren, id love for the jets to bring back JT. IMO had pace not got hurt (and forced taylor to play WAY more then the FO anticipated) he would have had a great year, IMO he played way too much too early, and burnt out (and hurt his elbow).

Id like to see cro come back, sign ellis or warren, sign JT, sign heap (if it protects us against his clear injury issue), and maybe look at some cheap OL depth.

6. No Fly Zone

I wouldn't worry about it, all that matters is the guaranteed money. The rest of the contract is fluff that he can use to talk the support game to his kids but it doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Tanny will strike the right deal to get him in but leave flexibility to cut him once Wilson is ready to take over as a starter.

7. No Fly Zone

I think they'll bring back Ellis. He's too good to just let go. Toss him a bonus bone in return for flexibility in a year or 2. He still has enough in the tank. Lets hope the DL draft picks deliver too.

8. JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa

I totally agree with the last thing you said, I think ellis could be instrumental in that. Especially with guys like Kenrick who clearly have maturity problems. Id DIE if he wound up in NE/Miami.

9. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Pool is still available and I haven't seem any teams chasing him. Maybe he signs with Jets by time its over.

10. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

This is a nice change of pace to wake up to a lot of news this morning for once!

11. Laveranues

Laveranues Member

We just signed Kenrick Ellis. (Rich Cimini)

12. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

That's the last of the rookies. I'm looking forward to following him in TC.

13. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I read something the other day that said he was asking for too much money. I was hoping he would sign a similar deal to the one the Jets signed him for in 2010, but I think he's looking for more.

14. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

IF the raiders are; our only other bidder on Cro why not let Cro go to the Black hole with all the other mis-fits O I believe Gholston is on the BEARS FYI if anyone didnt know

15. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

You act like everyone on this forum wasn't glad to see that sack of shit go.

I tried to support the guy for the longest time, but it's time to call a spade a spade, and that guy was a shitcovered spade.

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Its great to get all of our draft picks signed and in camp asap while also addressing WR. So far so good for the Jets thus far.

17. GreenIsGood

GreenIsGood Member

What do you guys think about bringing back Abram Elam for some depth at S? Thought he played well for the Jets while here.

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

sounds like cro is almost a done deal.

19. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Couldnt agree more just I wanna see him now in a 4-3 I hope that shit covered spade has his last year

20. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Yeah. Then we trade for Osi Umenyiora!