So I guess the Pats are favorites now...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by srqman1, Jul 29, 2011.

1. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Lol, you fucker. I'm gonna beat your ass.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Get in line pal.........This Jets/TGG game is going to be like one of my thursday night hockey games. I am bringing the foil. Fun fun fun

3. ........

........ Trolls

Of course the Pats are the favorites. They went 14-2 last season and have built upon a surprisingly good young roster this offseason with key veteran acquisitions.

We may have beaten them in the playoffs and reached the AFCC game again, but we've lost players and are currently scrambling to field a roster equivalent to the one we had last year. As far as the paper favorites, as meaningless as that may be, it has to be the Pats.

4. NJjets1981

NJjets1981 New Member

@CJLang- I didnt take anything the wrong way. It just sucks coming to a new site to try and talk football, and you have to scroll down a half a page to get past his 14-2 over and over again crap. Its just annoying and i called him out on being annoying. who wants to scroll past that? I didnt, and now I have this kid talking hard. As amusing as it was it got old. I didnt know you so just thought Id let you know how it started.

5. Trifco

Trifco New Member

I didn't make it to the right side of the post...
    ...welcome back.

6. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Yeah, I'd say they're the favorites. I mean, we've been closing the gap on them, but Ochocinco signing makes that offense more dangerous than they were last year. I don't know how Haynesworth is going to do. In my opinion, I think he's going to suck, but still I can't see into the future and he could end up panning out for them and really helping out their weak-ass D.

I think if we would have landed Aso, we could maybe label ourselves as the favorites because logically we'd have the best secondary hands-down, but right now it's a toss up. I like Cromartie, but he's not in Aso's league. I also feel like we're going to be paying him 10 mil a year, which would make my head spin.

I think another thing that kind of hurts us a bit is if we don't re-sign Braylon. It shouldn't destroy the offense or anything, but we lose a damn good receiver and run blocker and he is THE Patriot Killer.

Regardless, I like our role as the underdogs, it's what fits us well. We always do better flying under the radar.

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

@CJLang- LMAO I am new to the board and acting like the "kid", I am complaining about. Waah I need a tissue.

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Damn good thing you didn't post the Aso signing, lol.

9. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

They own this division till someone else wins it for two years straight. And that should be us. Damn it.

10. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

BTW guess who showed up for practice today? Big Albert.

One step taken. 100 more to go.

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah we heard he passed his physical. The Pats wanted him to lose 40 pounds so they clipped his toenails.

12. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

He passed his physical. Woot. Let us know when he passes his mental.

13. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Well he's already gotten further then many here thought he would.

Speaking of mental, nice avatar.

14. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I expect some improvements from Sanchez and Wilson. Maybe some of our rookies will come up big. So maybe it won't be so bad.

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Really winning the division doesn't mean jackshit? You do realize had we gone 14-2 we would have hosted the AFC Title game instead of going to Pittsburgh a place the Jets had only won once in their entire existence and it was earlier that season. There is no way the team comes out flat in front of 75K Jet fans.

16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

ESPN Sportsnation is running a poll on who will win the AFC East this year, JETS or PATS.

Right now, the PATS are at 71%.

Obviously, this means nothing, but take away our green colored glasses and it's obvious the we are viewed as the underdogs again. I think for good reason.

It might actually help us to win the division if teams other than us could beat NE too.

17. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

The Patriots will be heavy favorites until either:

1. Jets sweep the AFC East and win the division by 3 games
    2. Tom Brady dies from AIDS

18. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

These pre-season polls really are just BS. You know it and Patriots fans know it. I'd rather be the underdog then the favorite personally,

But just as an effort to make Jets fans uncomfortable....

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/s...ow-out-of-proportion-haynesworth-hurting-ols/

19. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I liked this part too:

20. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Well I heard he was so out of shape that he wouldn't be able to get himself out his ez-boy recliner. So I'll take it.