2011 New York Jets Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Jul 19, 2011.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

And we have a qb who should take another big step forward. we will see how the young guys brought in on the d-line help the front 7 as well as what Calvin pace can do a year removed from that foot surgery.

I would like to see some ore talent brought in as much as anyone else but the jets aren't going to become irrelevant with this current roster like many seem to be suggesting.

2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

i agree. I think many Jets fans are just extremely disappointed from the whole Aso debacle. I also think that other teams are improving and we have yet to make any significant move. Paired with the fact that BE and Cro may not be back and people are starting to just lose it a bit.

3. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Posted in the Braylon thread...La Canorfa says he's looking for #1 WR money and the Jets aren't necessarily out.

4. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

That's good news, I think we'd all prefer if Braylon just comes back.

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Green Bay I think the difference starts and ends with Rodgers ........ that said

Both teams have one or more in their front 7 that is a matchup nightmare. When the Jets lost Jenkins, they lost theirs.

If they can add someone in the front 7 that can do that, obviously the Jets defense is a top 1-2 monster defense.

Remember there was a period last year where Green Bay's front 3 was looked at as crappy.....mostly injury related though.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

It would certainly get some people to back away from the ledge they love to scurry to at every sign of trouble.

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Yeah man we need to make a move. Camp starts tomorrow and we aren't doing anything, Seems like that Nnamdi debacle has froze the great Mike T.

8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

err what I said was "Unless the Jets start handing out future draft picks in trades I dont see anything on the FA market that would be an improvement over what we had last year at wr or cb " - in other words "lets try to bring back what we had before" - though admittedly that doesnt seem likely at the moment.

9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I dont think anyone expected us to be able to resign all three of our key FAs but that they hoped we would have some sort of plan in place to get over this - it almost seems like they couldnt believe they were seriously in the running for Aso and it threw everything else out of the window then when it didnt happen everything they had had in place had moved on without them.

For me I expected us to be about the same or a bit word personnel wise after this FA period and so for me it all rests on how Sanchez performs - he has to get better this year and hopefully he will.

10. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

What's the deal with Zach Miller? That would make up for a lot of disappointment over Aso

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Too many eggs in one basket........I am sure they are kicking tires as we speak.

12. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

The Raider fan squashed his own rumor, he got trolled...

13. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

The fallacy of acquiring Osi Umenyiora is done, he is ending his holdout and is on his way training camp...

14. Revis24Island

Revis24Island New Member

We need to give bray-bray & cro da money!!!

15. kingjetorl

kingjetorl Member

Anybody hear any news bout davis??

16. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

Mr T has been taken to the woodshed so far. I'm sure thats not a popular statement but with camp starting tomorrow we are looking to be left holding the bag and will be greatly worse than last year.

Jets fans expect disappointment so this cant be a surprise.

17. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Offer to Diggs and locked up Wilkerson since i last checked.

18. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I would like to know what Moss would be asking....

If Edwards is seeking Holmes money and Moss would take less than half of that, then sign Moss to a two-three year deal and draft a receiver next year.

Moss is suppose to be in the best shape in quite a few years and wants to prove doubters wrong. Weather you like Moss or not, he demands a #1 CB or double teamed on every play.

19. casman02

casman02 New Member

I know there is little shot of us getting BE, but what would people who want him give him contract wise? How bout a 3 yr 21 mil deal? Then if we can get Cro for 8 mil a year we would need 15 mil available. We allegedly had an offer for Nnamdi at 12, so get everyone who said they would restructure to do it, resign Harris and also get Sanchez to restructure and should be plenty of room. Or am I being to optimistic with their contracts and will they be looking for more?

20. fdcnyc

fdcnyc Active Member

I just read amobi okoye was cut by the texans . I hate to bring up everyone who's available but what happened with this guy , I remember him being hyped up as a rookie any chance he could slide over to DE .