2011 New York Jets Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Jul 19, 2011.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Exactly. Revis' guys I can understand the hate for

2. 624

624 Banned

He could probably have a reality show post career called "Cromartie and Terricka Plus 9"

3. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

ummmm, why is everybody forgetting about our 1st round pick kyle wilson???

4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Can't sit and blame the agent, but yikes, this is not looking good.

5. 624

624 Banned

In the past 5 days Jets fans opinion on Asomugha has gone from "stfu faggot no way aso comes to the Jets" to "cool that would be a nice luxury signing" to "we NEED asomugha if we have a shot of making the playoffs" to "fuck Asomugha and the Eagles, we are going nowhere in 2011"

6. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

You have to admit, it's kind of funny that after all the bitching we all did about Condon's made up "mystery teams," the Eagles came absolutely out of nowhere to grab Asomugha at the last second.

7. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

because he has shown nothing, you can't depend on an uproven guy to be your #2 CB, he could very well be the next Ghost.

8. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Are you fucking retarded?

Aso signed with Eagles 2 hours ago.

9. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

What, were you expecting the Jets to be the only team bidding for Cromartie?

10. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

They dragged the Jets along. The Jets wanted closure on this last night and they just kept leading the Jets on,,, then went to another team. And I think it's getting very glossed over about how Cromartie is gonna feel like the consolation prize. I'm not so sure he comes back now.

11. 624

624 Banned

Were you absent the day of 3rd grade english class where they taught you the difference between a comma and a period?

12. Nothing? He accomplished more in one preseason than Gholston did in the 4 years he was here. He had a bumpy beginning of the year but by the end of the year he was back on the field contributing.

At some point you have to believe in your draft picks and give them a shot. Wilson has alot of talent, is physical and fits Rex's scheme perfectly. He also has arguably the best DB coach in the NFL tutoring him.

13. #28Martin

Oh who cares. Seriously, commenting on punctuation or spelling on a message board is really lame... That's what you really care about? I'll return my Hofstra MBA. Happy?

14. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

The Jets could have moved on, he did his job, he saw what offers he could get and brought them to his client. They never had an agreement they just had an offer out.

15. It is kind of ironic. He went out of his way to create an artificial market, when all he had to do was pick up the phone and call Philly.

16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I have faith in Tanny and I'm sure he will get the job done.

That being said, I think there is some room for concern. As of this minute, minus Brad Smith, we are not as good as we were last year. There is obvious uncertainty. We are hoping to sign Edwards and Cro (or a suitable replacement), but there is no guarantee we get either. Hopefully this all changes very soon, and I think it will. I just don't think it's crazy to be a little concerned.

17. #28Martin

What bothers me, and to me is the whole ballgame, is at the end of the day, the Jets basically offered the same thing the Eagles did, and he chose the Eagles. I never thought they'd lose out on the guy, if all things were equal.

18. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

THIS...I feel like people forget that Wilson's struggles came at the beginning of the year, and by the end of the year he was actually playing pretty well. You gotta give the guy a chance. I would be loose with Braylon and make sure we get him back, but be stingy with the Cro negotiations with the mentality that I wouldn't mind losing him that much. I just want Bray back man.

19. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

the way La Canforna was talking, I could see why they would think that.

Chris Carr is the best fit for us in my eyes anyways.

20. Nor did I. I took him at his word that he wanted to be a Jet. I thought he was being honest. I'm guessing he wasn't being.