Patriots acquire Haynesworth

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Cakes, Jul 28, 2011.

1. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

yeah...him, Warren and (especially) Wilfork in the middle of the field....I don't like it at all. As a Jets fan, gotta hope the bad Albert decides to show up just as quick as he did to Washington.

2. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

But that's the thing. He doesn't want to play in multiple fronts. He doesn't want to be diverse or do anything whatsoever outside of what he knows. I hate to agree with Sapp but if $100,000,000.00 couldn't motivate him, do you really think Bellicheat can?

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Moss didn't affect them, Haynesworth won't either.

Beli will get him to play.

4. boshhemi487

boshhemi487 New Member

he failed the conditioning test in Washington and now he has been sitting doing nothing since the lockout.....oh yeah he will be used in a number of ways...."bench warmer"

5. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

the risk with a guy like this is in the clubhouse.

6. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Bring him the fuck on

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

He's not gonna poison a tom brady & bill belichick locker room, if he acts up he's out

8. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Just because Moss toed the line does not mean Albert will. I get it that they can cut him and it cost them little. but he can impact that locker room no question.

9. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

As long as the pretty boy is their QB and the fat man is their HC, the locker room will not be affected. As soon as Moss showed any inclination to act like that, they shipped his ass out. A poster above said...they will cut him if he so much as looks aty someone the wrong way.

10. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Even if we can only get him to play 4-3, he can still be a very productive player for us given the frequency that we use 4-3. For a 5th round pick 2 years in the future, it won't take much for us to get good value.

Many players have proven that huge contracts coupled with shitty situations doesn't bring out the best in people.

I personally get a bad taste in my mouth when I think about rooting for this guy to succeed, but I do think that it is a good move in terms of potential risk vs. potential reward

11. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Albert Haynesworth is a Man-Baby.

[​IMG]

12. NickD

NickD New Member

I have a bad feeling about this.

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Clearly a good pick up for the pats, not so good for us but fuck them Anyway.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Fat Albert whines like a baby alot...I wonder if Bill Bellicheck or Kraft will have the patience for his nonsense.

In any case, its a solid move but seriously the Pats?...Why not bury him on the Bills

15. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

Didn't like the news when I heard it, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. We all saw what Moss did on the pats the first year he came over, so I'm praying Haynesworth doesn't have that type of career resurgence... I can't imagine he will though. He doesn't seem to really care about football.

Maybe he'll spend this year rehabbing his image in a winning organization in order to cash in one last time, maybe he'll be a lazy asshole. I'm really hoping it's the latter.

16. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Hey, if he doesn't shape up he's gone AND he doesn't get paid. Since he skipped minicamp last year, a clause in his contract states that his $5.4 million is not fully guaranteed. There's absolutely no risk in this move.

17. gopats88

gopats88 Member

The trade is conditional on him passing his physical conditioning test anyways. Zero risk of getting the Haynesworth that showed up after last year's offseason.

18. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

A chance to win might motivate him. Noone really knows how this guy works. He made his paycheck, now he has a chance to help a team that makes the playoffs every year.

Pat's also played in the 4-3 quite a bit over the last few seasons.

19. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Sounds like BB's philosophy hasn't worked since they lost the Superbowl in 2007. Shaking it up a little bit, and taking a risk with this guy. Fuck Belichick, but credit to him for not being such a pussy.

Funny thing is every Patriots fan I know tells me the Jets are the biggest scum bag organization ever. Now the Patriots have the #1 scum bag currently in the NFL.

Nick Mangold is up for this, but let's be honest.. Wilfork, and Haynesworth is pretty nuts.

If he is winning...Yeah.

#39 JfaulkNYJ, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  20. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I'm sure he's in peak physical condition. Nothing motivated Haynesworth more than the lockout and a chance to win. The guy will only play if it's a contract year.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong and come out gangbusters but I can't see it happening right away. If all goes well maybe he gets in a fight with Bellichick or breaks the arm of Tom Brady in practice. I don't think the winning culture is going to motivate him. Money motivates him. He got the money.. lets see him put in the hard work now that his bank account has plenty of 0's.