How about replacing Cro with Nnamdi? (Merged x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Come now, gentlemen.

Signing Nnamdi Asomugha doesn't mean "let's spend even more on the defense!"

2. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Goddamn-it get us more news! It's been at least 2 hrs without a major contract in principle...WTF?????????

3. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Rex and Tanny are going to do everything to get this deal done. I can't remember an example recently where the Jets didn't get "their guy". It's going to happen

4. How about cutting Thomas and bringing in Antwan Barnes?

5. What he said.

6. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

Just popped in my head: our WR are gonna have to work there asses off in practice to get anything done. Some teams DB crew is gonna seem like a joke. Kinda wish we had a young WR to get some serious work in

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Electric just brought that up.

I have no issue with it and I expect Barnes to come here because I'd pitch the question to him, "What reason do you have to not return to the AFCCG and be a part of the defense that got us past that game to the Super Bowl?"

Thomas' number is way too high for his production. I think his camp knows it too.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

He is not a Jet yet. Calm down.

9. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I'm EXCITED!

[YOUTUBE]PwwYKoVuSM0[/YOUTUBE]

10. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

If the Jets add Asomugha, the pass rush will improve by default, and not only for that reason.

With the added defensive line depth, the Jets would only need solid-average performances from Wilkerson, K. Ellis, and a healthy Pitoitua to dramatically improve the type of pressure they were getting on QBs last year (which was next to nothing). Ryan had to pull a rabbit out of his hat to stifle Manning and Brady in the playoffs. Don't let that be forgotten.

I think Pace and Thomas will be very productive rushing the passer once the new guys are rotated in. The pressure itself doesn't have to get brought from the ends in a 3-4 scheme every play. While it's a great luxury, the primary responsibility of the ends in the 3-4 is (besides stuffing the run) to create enough disruption to prevent the offensive linemen from devoting their attention to the outside linebackers.

The primary issue early last season is that Pace, Thomas, and Harris were getting blocked by linemen, when the objective of the 3-4 is to get them matched up against RBs/FBs much more often. With S. Ellis, Pryce, DeVito, and Pouha proving to be one-blocker guys on most passing plays, the linebackers were finding themselves against guards or-- in the worst-case scenarios-- against tackles.

So to summarize, I don't think the Jets would need to add a pass-rusher if Asomugha comes on board. Add the extra second or so that he would buy the pass rushers, and I think the dramatic improvement would allow the current linebacking corps to wreak havoc on its own.

11. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Clayton telling us to calm down.

ClaytonESPN John Clayton
    For those wondering about Nnamdi and the Jets, it may be a squeeze to their cap, but the Jets are trying. That deal won't happen fast.

12. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

But the thought is, we are going all out, we might as well just go over the top ridiculous and give us a shot at the greatest defense in history. If we brought in a top end pass rusher without giving up tons, we would have a real good shot at it.

13. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

The team would be jumping through hoops to make that work. If it's possible, then sure. But it's unrealistic to expect it.

And it doesn't consider the possibility that to achieve those heights, the Jets may not need to make a move like that.

14. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Screw that nerdy bastard.....well its getting late in Germany so I am going to bed and going to dream about waking up to ASO on the Jets:lol:

15. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

fuck clayton everyone was saying our cap was tight but tanny will work it out... we can offer him 12 mil without restructuring contracts so if we do we could pay him more.

16. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

that and everybody else (well NFLN guys anyways) are saying Nnamdi will likely make a decision by the end of the day.

17. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Fuck him! I expect it done within the hour. Tanny is straight cash homey.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Fuck Clayton, the guy is horrible. I trust Schefter

19. Seriously. Just because Clayton doesn't want it to happen...

Neither Sanchez nor Revis have restructured yet. Harris has not been signed long-term yet, spreading out his cap hit.

My suspicion is that Sanchez will be more willing to restructure if the team makes a run at keeping Edwards or bringing in another top FA WR. Edwards may take less to stay because of his comfort here, but I'm not sure. Still think the team may reach out to Edwards before they sign anyone else.

20. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

I'll be really happy. Then i'll think about how we drafted a pass rushing OLB with 6th overall pick for 5 years (2 years left) who SHOULD be blossoming making the possible best defense ever. Gholston still fucks things up. But oh well, it'll still be awesome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.