How about replacing Cro with Nnamdi? (Merged x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

If Nnamdi wants to win and be a huge star he will sign with us at a good deal but if he wants the max money which of course you can't blame him for then he will go somewhere else. You never know tho.

2. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

If he pulls that off, I will consider that proof that Tanni is a fucking genius and god is a fucking JET fan !!!

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I want him if for no other reason than to keep him out of Miami, or Houston, for that matter.

I wouldn't blow-up what we already have though. The money needs to be spent to leave a balanced team.

4. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I didn't think this was remotely possible, but with Cro and Smith possibly out of the picture...

All I can picture is Brady sitting back there for 20 seconds with NOWHERE to throw, knowing he's about to get hit.

5. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

When I read the blurb on the news feed I thought "acting" was supposed to be some sort of knock on us. Turns out it was just a terrible article.

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

^ Dumbest shit I've read.

If he wants to continue an acting career after football, Los Angeles is the place to be, not NY.

But even then, if he gets an agent and is serious about acting, he only needs to be in town for auditions or things needing face time. He could live anywhere.

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Ah. We shouldnt of thought the Kolb thing was a slam dunk. They basically said it was a done deal, doubtful. Probably trying to raise the price.

Eagles should of pulled the trigger on DRC. a pretty good young corner who will make like 2 million the next 2 years.

he has done a bunch of shit already on television, and some sketch comedy. Revis does sketch comedy sometimes at local places in New York. Rex and Tanny just did a CSI cameo. Dunno where the CSI thing was filmed, but he opted out of a huge deal on the west coast already. I dont see any contending teams on the west coast, besides the Chargers.

Nmadi opting out of a mega deal is crazy though. You have to believe this bullshit of ESPN saying he will demand 15-20 mill, could be bullshit. He wants to win first, and his acting is 2nd. The guy already cashed in big time. Nmadi is the Anti Revis Christ. I seriously think this guy isnt the type of dude to demand the highest for position. Of course I have no idea who Nmadi is, but thats what he lets off.

#307 JfaulkNYJ, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  8. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The question is, will Revis restructure to get Asomugha? Probably not given what happened last season, but you never know.

Anyone remember this?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/35555/asomugha-revis-tandem-now-possible

He insisted he was "dead serious" about joining forces with Revis to form the ultimate shutdown corner tandem and that they had discussed it with Jets head coach Rex Ryan.

"Me and Revis have been talking to Rex to try to do something," Asomugha said. "You may see us in the future. There's a little bit of talk going on. Either he's coming to Oakland, or something else will happen."

Looks like "something else" can happen quite easily now. Revis won't be coming to Oakland anytime soon. Revis ended a summer contract holdout with an extension through 2014.

In fact, Revis' desire to be paid 50 cents more than Asomugha was a reason his contract squabble with the Jets lasted as long as it did. The Jets refused to let the deal Al Davis gave Asomugha be the standard.

When I caught up with Revis as he was heading up the tunnel toward the AFC locker room, he confirmed his desire to play with Asomugha, but conceded "That's a lot of money they're going to be pushing around, but that'll be tough for quarterbacks. I'll tell you that."

With plenty of money in his various accounts, maybe Asomugha would give the Jets a break so that he could team up with Revis.

"You always want that as a player, to have that guy on the other side of you that's equally as talented and can make plays," Asomugha said a year ago. "It fuels you a little bit. We'd been joking around with [AFC coach] Norv Turner throughout practices all week, and with [NFL commissioner] Roger Goodell. He said they probably wouldn't allow us on the same team.

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

mortreport
    http://twitter.com/mortreport

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Everyone including me are wondering if Aso wants to win or chase a paycheck.

Our very own Revis made it clear what he wanted from football. Giving up a few million to team up with Aso would be nice, but we all know that is not happening.

11. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Free Agency is going to feel like a failure to me now if we don't land Asomugha - All this speculation has given me too much hope.

12. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

I just cant see it happening.

But we could lose Holmes, Edwards and Cro. Nobody could throw against us, well it would be hard. And we could just run the ball and win a Super Bowl. But i cant see it happening.

13. david1023

david1023 Member

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

We're not losing all 3 imo. We can keep Edwards or Holmes and get Aso. We'd have to trim the fat elsewhere on the roster but I think it's possible if Aso is willing to give up a lil bit. Of course if Houston gives up 100 million over 5 years for him then this is fucked.

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

"A small paycut"

So maybe he wants $15 million.

This is not happening Jet fans, don't get your hopes up.

16. david1023

david1023 Member

I read his bottom is $10m.

17. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

I was just saying we could lose all 3, plus Brad Smith and win a Super Bowl. It would be the most insane tandem of CB's ever put together.

But this is the Jets. Not the same old Jets, but we would get burned up the middle like always. That has yet to change.

18. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

I know its a mirror of the Cimini article but this is coming from Detoit:

19. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

What bugged me about cro wasn't just that he got shit on a few times, I figured that would happen. I really expected him to get more ints on the other side of revis and it didn't happen.

20. david1023

david1023 Member

3 INT's with Revis out all those weeks is pretty low for a 2nd freakin round draft pick trade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.