How about replacing Cro with Nnamdi? (Merged x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i said the same thing when people posted the "anonymous source" who said Holmes looks forward to staying a jet.

allow me to be the offseason boner killer. aso wont be coming to the jets.

the only plausible way i see that happening is if we let both holmes, edwards, and cro go.

i dont think after over 130 days of labor dispute youll see players taking reasonable cuts out from their own contracts

its one of those things that is 99 percent outside the realm of reality but the potential idea is so awesome you cant count out that last 1 percent.

here let me put it this way, itd take a restructure from Sanchez and revis to get aso in. how do you see the phone call between tanny and revis agents going?

2. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

According to some rumors, the Jets will not compete for the services of WR/KR Brad Smith, who's going to become an unrestricted free agent once the lockout is officially over. CB Antonio Cromartie, who recently stated that the Gang Green will receive "no hometown discount" if they try to re-sign him, will be let go as well. The team also will not re-sign S Eric Smith.

WE WANT ASO! WE WANT ASO!

3. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

The stars are aligning, Aso is gonna be a Jet. Tannenbaum will pull this shit off somehow.

4. Teenager of the Year

Does this dead money thing really make signing Aso or any big name FA a possibility?

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I'm gonna stick with no.

6. I think it makes it possible. I would not say probable, but possible.

7. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

If Tannenbaum manages to sign both Holmes and Asomugha (notice I said "if") nothing should be considered impossible anymore...

8. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Nothing would thrill me more but it aint gonna happen.

9. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I just can't see this happening. Yeah, yeah he got sloppy fatz paid the last couple of years, but I just can't see him coming here, or anywhere else for that matter, for less than 10 million per year. I know he's already gotten one fat contract, but realistically that was a two-year contract and he's a corner who's 30. If he's gonna get a serious 4 or 5 year/10 million per contract, it's gonna be now. And...we're not the team that's gonna do it.
    He don't want to take a one-year contract and blow his knee out. No corner wants to do that.

10. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Can't believe this is true, but....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/26/will-nnamdi-be-a-jet-because-he-wants-to-be-an-actor/

Nnamdi Asomugha will be this year’s biggest free agent prize, and his interest in acting could play a part in determining where he goes.

Chris Mortensen pointed out on ESPN Radio this morning that Asomugha wants to act when he’s done playing football, and that could help the Jets attract Asomugha even though they probably won’t be the team that offers him the most money.

“Asomugha is interesting because the Houston Texans, probably, are going to make him the biggest offer,” Mortensen said. “Yet you keep hearing that Nnamdi wants to go somewhere where he can begin to focus on his post-playing career, even though he’ll give his all as he’s playing, and he has a great interest in being an actor, whether it’s in theater or whatever, and that could factor into it.”

Mortensen was quick to add that “I find it hard to believe that would be the final determining factor,” but it is worth considering: Asomugha has appeared on TV shows like Friday Night Lights and The Game, and if he wants to broaden his acting horizons, New York is the best NFL city to do that.

But I’ve got a feeling that Asomugha will go to the team that offers him the most money. He can act where ever he wants during the offseason.

11. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Jeez. I thought the stories during the holdout were bad - that one is fucking terrible.

12. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

I think it's a bad idea for anyone to begin getting his hopes up or growing really excited at the prospect of Asomugha coming to the Jets. It's a tenuous fit at best. While it'd be nice if it happened, the overwhelming likelihood is that he goes in a different direction.

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

On the field it's an incredible fit.

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

All signs point to Nnamdi going to Houston. If Nnamdi is willing to accept whatever amount the FO was going to offer Cro, then there's a possibility, but I doubt he would.

15. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

I was speaking in terms of the cap as well.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Hands down man down...I think we are going to compete with the Ravens and Eagles for Aso.

Shit, I want that dude in a Jets uni

17. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

eagles are out if they get DRC from Arizona.

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Now they're saying the Cards will likely go for Orton because it'll only cost them a 3rd and he gives them more of a win now chance.

19. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Normally, I wouldn't put anything pas this FO, but this just isn't happening. It's pure speculation. I can't believe Tanny would/could offer anywhere close to what Houston will offer him. NY or not, he's not passing up multiple millions just to come here.

20. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I think Asomugha ends up on Baltimore--cutting McGahee, Heap, Gregg and Mason was a clear attempt to clear enough cap space to make a big run at him.

Based on what we know about Aso, I suspect that he'd rather go to a legit Super Bowl contender in Baltimore than the fantasy football all-stars in Houston. But nobody really knows except for Nnamdi and his agent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.