How about replacing Cro with Nnamdi? (Merged x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

We lost Kris Jenkins in the 1st game of the season last year. That's not an answer. If we don't resign Shaun Ellis, we should possibly look to bring someone in because I don't know if I trust handing a job to a rookie in this NFL climate. But between Pouha, DeVito, Wilkerson, Ellis, Dixon, Gilbert, Pitoitua, Tevaseu...we have guys on the line.

#221 Jetfanmack, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  2. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

As many people have stated Cro can not and will not play the man, he never has. K Dub is an unproven DB, we can all hope he is the second coming of Revis but there is no way to prove it. I would rather pay 12 mil to ASO along with 5 mil to Edwards then pay 7 mil to Holmes and 7 mil or so to Cro. If the difference is only 1-2 mill then screw it go get ASO and be done with it.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Made up numbers are awesome!1!1!1!1!!!11!

4. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Not sure how this became a thread about the d-line but I think we have enough depth to just throw some at the wall and see what sticks.

5. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

All 3 of those players will want more money then that especially Holmes. Aso is not coming here people need to get over that. Also wtf is wrong with you why would you want to sign Aso for 12 and Cro for 7 along with Revis' contract already.

6. blackssmagic

Hey genius I was pointing out just how much some of these players are going to make this year not that I want to sign them all.....this isnt monoply

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

This

(re) stating the obvious, while I whinned all last year leading into the Kyle Wilson #1 pick (who I liked-still do) was the fact that imho, the name of the game NFL-wise esp. in a defense-oriented team still remains: "kill the quarterback"

while the CB's may be great, give a great OB enough time, they're gonna go into their progressions...

Gimme the '85 Bears, '01 Ravens...jack up the pass-rush-talent with Rex Ryan-as-coach, I'm good. Good coverage goes just so far 'time-distance-and-zone-wise' .... and taking last year as an example, planting Brady on his ass 5 times mere weeks after getting lit up for 40+ points should cement that defensive objective. Kill Brady, kill Manning...and eventually Rogers & Brees....lift the Lombardi.

Case in point, Eli Manning imho wasn't the MVP vs. the 18-0 Pats.

Temple-Hampton et al *eventually* to the rescue although I'd love to see them somehow grab an 'edge-rushin' bitch.

8. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

Not sayin he wont pan out, Just sayin he wont pan out

9. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

i like the idea of signing niamdi and this is the reason why.

We sign niamdi;get rid of bray and holmes and Cromartie;sign plax/randy(for cheap which is what they will most likely go for)

Think about it. Niamdi,Revis on D and the Cotch, Plax/Randy on O. Now that's a dream team right there

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Who the fuck is Niamdi?

#230 Mr Electric, Jul 23, 2011
  11. bibigon

bibigon Member

I honestly think Nnamdi and Revis will catch more balls in this configuration than Plax/Randy will.

12. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Negligible? Did you watch the same guy as me last year? The same guy that was afraid to tackle, gave up tons of big plays, and refused to be physical. He is such a waste of potential that I am shocked how so many Jet fans like him. Literally shocked. The guy is a 2-4 mil a year player that will be badly over-paid by someone. And to say that replacing him with the guy Revis replaced as the best cover corner in the NFL is laughable.

I am not sure how anyone is honestly going to sit here and say that giving Rex the ability to take away the top 2 wr's on the other team (when most good team's have at least one of their top playmakers, and many times 2, be the wr) is foolish. And if we are being honest, Cro, at his best, is not in the same universe as NA in terms of talent. Saying the difference between the 2 is negligible is like saying the hotness factor of Brooklyn Decker and some decent looking chick at the bar is negligible.

Think about it. Revis takes out Ward and NA takes out Wallace. There is zero chance that the Steelers can score 10 points when the other guys can focus on Miller and Mendenhall and getting pressure on the rapist. Same for the Ravens, Chargers and Colts. Only problem is the Pats, who have mediocre wr's and rely on TE's and HB's to move the ball.

As for Mark, at some point apologists have to stop apologizing for him and trying to make it seem like the only way he can be a star if all the stars are aligned for him. He is either good, and we will start winning because of him, or he is average, and we will have to win in spite of him (and obviously, Schotty). But, if an NFL qb cant find a way to get Plax or Moss the ball because he can only throw to 2 guys, he is not a starting-caliber qb. WR's are a dime a dozen, and paying big money to 2 wr's who are not even top 10 wr's is kind of foolish in my opinion.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. Cro is a pussy. That much I can agree.

2. Bringing in Aso is just as dumb, if you consider all the salary cap issues Jets are going to have to deal with. Kyle Wilson started playing rather well at the end of last season. Give the kid a chance at least.

3. Braylon Edwards may not be a top 10 receiver, by his stats - but his contribution in the run game, and his physical play offers a lot of good things for this offense. Holmes compliments Edwards rather nicely. Consider this. WRs are indeed a dime and a dozen, but WRs that actually block? Pittsburgh has one in Ward. Jets have one in Edwards. Care to name one? Randy Moss takes the play off, if it's a run play - if that makes you any happier. Locking both up is not a foolish idea by any stretch of imagination. Guess who is the staple in Pittsburgh's passing (and running) offense. Contrary to your belief, it is Hines Ward that makes the whole machine going. They then have shift guys, and fast guys following the lead of Ward. Would you consider THAT also a foolish thing as well?

#233 Zach, Jul 23, 2011
  14. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Don't sign Naomi Assburger, he defend too much

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

A 30 year old starting corner will not be as valuable to this defense as two starting, #1 WRs with familiarity in this offense would be to Mark Sanchez.

16. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Gave up a ton of big plays? What team were you watching last year? I think the fact the you label Cro a "2-4 million a player" highlights that you have no concept of how cornerbacks are valued.

Cornerbacks give up big plays, it happens. Revis gave up a few huge plays last year; Nnamdi Asomugha gave up even more. It's the nature of the position.

Two million dollars a year for one of the best cover corners in the game is laughable.

That's a terrific gameplan for containing the Steelers' offense. If only we had had a decent second corner during the playoffs, we wouldn't have gotten raped by Hines Ward and Mike Wallace, who combined for three catches, 20 yards.

And hell, even though we'll lose Santonio Holmes, who accounted for over a third of our offensive points that game, we'll still win, because you're certain no more than ten points can be scored, right?

Got it. Either he's good, and we'll start winning because of him, or he's average... and we will have to win in spite of him? How do you presume to do that, by surrounding him with quality cornerbacks?

Nobody's apologizing for Mark Sanchez. Any and all quarterbacks who have done well in the NFL have done well because they were put in a position to be successful by their team. I don't care if it's Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Trent Dilfer.

17. blackssmagic

First things first AMEN, next why is it that Peyton can make any wideout good to great, why is it that fag Brady can do the same thing, why is it that Brees can make any wideout good to great....thats my point at sometime in the future Mark is going to have to step up and earn that massive contract. I would rather have ASO along with Edwards and a Santana Moss or Plax/Chad Johnson then sign Holmes and Cro. The money will be very close as to the overall total deal.

18. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I agree that the priority should be on offense, but lets be realistic here if by some miracle Nnamdi wants to take a pay cut to play for the Jets. The Jets would be CRAZY not to at least consider it.

19. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

this is my take on the scrabble situation...

I think we can all agree on the following points...

Nnamdi will not be playing for less money than Darelle Revis next year. He can get maybe 18 mil per, why would he come here for half that?

Darrelle and Nnamdi are friends

Nnamdi has never played for a contender

Everybody loves Rex, so much so that some players may take less (not much less...) to play for him

Last year rumors abounded that we might try and trade for Nnamdi...

The Jets currently have very little money in the budget to try and sign a Nnamdi to the deal he wants.

If the Jets did find a way to back up a truck full of money into Nnamdi's driveway, they would piss off Darrelle Revis, the better of the two players

All that said there is only one way it is feasibly possible. I would never have believed I would see it in professional sports, if the Miami Heat had not just done it last year. Wade and Lebron and Bosh took less money, so they could all play on the same team to give themselves a better chance to win, and so they could play together.

The only way Scrabble plays here next year is if Darrelle Revis and he agree to take less money than they are worth. In fact I would wager they would both have to agree to take the same deal, somewhere in the neighborhood of $9 mill per with an incentive clause along the lines of whichever player has more interceptions in a given year (between revis and Nnamdi) gets a $2 million dollar bonus or something like that. Other than that, the deals would have to be identical.
    *please note: I am talking about restructuring Darrelle's deal.

The chances Revis agrees to give back money to make it work are so unrealistic, it just won't happen.

Even if it did, I don't want that, I want holmes and edwards. But if the team made it happen, I would be very excited about it.

#239 nyjetsrule, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  20. franzman9

franzman9 Member

Could not agree more with this post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.