How about replacing Cro with Nnamdi? (Merged x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

according to nyjetscap.com we are like 40mil under in 2012. so if alot of FA's could agree to make nothing in the first year, we could do alot.

highly unlikely though

2. bibigon

bibigon Member

That's why I brought up New England. He doesn't need to go to Carolina to get way more than $6M/year. He can try and win a ring, and still get paid like $10M/year from some teams...

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I just pooped and one of the turds looked like Nnamdi, coincidence?

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I want to sign Cromartie and Holmes and if not Holmes, then Edwards. I thought Cro did an excellent job last year, he was our # 1 Cb for the first 6 weeks. He's not Revis, but so what, he's a great # 2. Who else is affordable as a # 2? I don't know much about the CB's except for Aso. I think the # CB is more important then WR on our team

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Kyle Wilson

6. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I have been saying it all along, with Brady, Manning, and Rivers, Bress, and Rodgers we need DB's...Sign ASO along with Edwards and get either Plax, Moss or Santana Moss.....I bet it would cost the same to sign Cro/Holmes as it would ASO/Edwards almost....

7. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Exactly the perfect reason...when Garcon or Collie(if he knows his name) are torching us or Moore, Colsten and Jennings and Driver etc....the list can go on and on....that is exaclty why you sign him

8. bibigon

bibigon Member

The cap doesn't really work this way. Since contracts aren't gauranteed, a player who agreed to play for almost nothing one year with a huge pay increase the next promised, could just be cut after the first (cheap) year and never get the bigger payday.

9. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

you can look at it that way ... or you could say we need holmes and edwards so we will be able to outscore those teams

10. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

What I mean is I don't wanna lose both Holmes and Edwards. I don't want to trade Holmes, Edwards, and Cro for Aso.

11. IATA

IATA Trolls

how about replacing Sanchez with 1987-era Joe Montana?

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't either but we may lose one and not get Aso so if we could get him and keep one of the WRs we'd be thrilled.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Just what makes people think Jets must sign Cro, or Aso for that matter? If Cro doesn't want to stick around, Kyle Wilson has to step up - that was what he was drafted for anyway. Aso can come here if he is willing to take a veteran minimum. If he's going to break the bank, he can break someone else's bank. He just has to fuck off from here.

Cro can get the hell out of here with his 100 kids.

14. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

I don't think Cro is a must-sign, but he would be huge asset, once again, if re-signed. I'm not against giving Wilson a shot as the #2 guy, but if Cro or another good CB like Joseph or (likely dreaming) Nnamdi is available for a reasonable price, they get the spot.

Besides, Cro gets bonus points for calling Brady an asshole in the playoffs... gold.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Cro's lack of physical play and his penchant for getting burned by slot receivers is more than enough reason to send him packing.

Sure, he can cover Randy Moss on the go routes....but that's pretty much it.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Did anyone say Amen yet? If nobody did, here it comes:

AMEN!

I absolutely HATE soft defenders, and Cro is one. Fuck him.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Bingo.

Cro has basically told the Jets that he's seeking the big payday somewhere else, by denying them negotiation rights during that exclusive 72 hour period.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Kyle Wilson is the magic elixer for Jet Fans Who Love Wishful Thinking.

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

All the more reason to let him go.

Basically, he infuriated me enough times last season, even with his good plays here and there; that is, he just REFUSES to do one simple thing, which is to JAM the receiver the line of scrimmage. No fucking wonder Brady burned him for 20+ yarder TD. No wonder Manning burned him for 56+ yard TD, in a playoff game, nonetheless. Teams know how to attack him basically; if you hide your receiver a yard behind the line, and let him go at Cro with full steam ahead - then since Cro never jams his WR, your receiver has a excellent chance to beat Cro. This formula worked wonders for a great number of teams.

He can go some place else and get burned there all he wants. And I hope the door doesn't hit him where the lord split him on his way out.

20. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Get it done Tanny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.