Cromartie same as Woody

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Jun 1, 2011.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I have a daughter...which is 3

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I think if Wilkerson and K Ellis can play well this year then that would upgrade the pass rush enough to open up more lanes for the OLB as well as allow us to use different looks (3, 4 or even 5 man lines).

Cro would be nice but I'm concerned he may cost too much. Revis is probably gonna get a new deal in 2012 (or hold out again) and if he keeps playing like this he'll get the 15 per he wants. Investing that kind of money into one position could be disastrous, especially if it prvents us from signing and/or trading for a good pass rusher.

3. NickD

NickD New Member

Unfortunately, all this talk will likely be moot. Tannenbaum has a history of not bringing FAs back for more money unless they are critcal or fan favorites. David Harris is both which is why he got the Franchise Tag. It is a good policy which keeps the team young and avoids cap-hell.

Woody and Cro get brought up as insurance due to the lockout, but it doesn't make sense to buy expensive insurance like that. Hunter and Turner are cheaper, known the system, and good enough to fill in.

Tannenbaum let all the FAs walk except Edwards or Holmes who are critical to our passing game. That is the unfortunate truth.

4. tubby

tubby Active Member

Cromartie once got me 12 INT's in a season in madden

5. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

I'm not sure Hunter is cheaper than Woody for 2011. Hunter is a free agent and if somebody thinks he can be a starter for two or three years, he might get decent money.

6. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

[​IMG]
    is the same as
    [​IMG]

7. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Average Jets fan thought process: "Are any of last year's draft picks starting? No? That draft class sucked!"

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

sign that beast

9. SuperNova

SuperNova New Member

His tackling is sometimes suspect, but I don't necessarily think that it is the most problematic aspect of his game. I mean, Kyle Wilson missed more tackles per attempt than Cro did last season; its becoming more of a reputation -- like Braylon's hands.

His style is more "off," which is tough for a team that blitzed so frequently. He was less in position to defend a quick pass than Revis, for example, when Rex would blitz, which means that he could get picked on in certain situations. Ideally, he would be better with press, but he defends the medium-deep ball strongly.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Well said,couldn't agree more.