17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

That's what the guy told me.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Unbelievable. This is not going to go over well. 2nd class citizens still. What a pair of balls Woody has.

If they're too gawdy I'll return them and demand a refund. I'm not walking around with Dunkin' Donuts and Verizon plastered all over my hat.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

This guy didn't know if it was a open back or flex-fit hat so I wouldn't get angry just yet. It could be another warped selling strategy.. Spend 20k and get a sponsor-free Hat.

4. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

If this is true, it would have to go down as one of the worst selling strategies I have ever seen used by a business lol.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Maybe it's the other way around and the rep got it wrong. LOL Their strategy now is to kiss the UDers asses to keep them. Maybe the PSLers should have the advertising and not the UD hats.

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i can see us getting the sponsor of the corner u sit in. bud light,verizon, met life or verizon

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about getting extra hats but the first ones, the green ones we real nice and the second ones, the tans ones, were crap. I have no confidence in the Jets giving away anything of high quality anymore so I am gonna just take the one hat and give it to the kid. Woody probably cut the chinese factory workers pay by 25% due to the lock out. And how are they gonna send us the tickets in July since we don't have to pay for the remaning 50% until they start training camp and its not surely starting in July? Are the Jets expecting us to pay in June regardless if its settled? I am not sure what the payment deal is. Does anyone remember?

8. JetsSec337Lot13B

I THINK emphasis on THINK they said they wouldn't take the rest until the announcement of the start of training camp. If they cancel the season then either we can get the money we paid back or apply it to 2012.

9. Section 227. Row 5

I am foolishly paid in fucking advance. I don't quite know how that fucking happened and I'll be sure to let you all know when I find out myself.

All I know is it had something to do with my errational exhuberance over getting Row 3 Prime and locking it in. I never gave it a second thought about maybe no season. Now Woody has my fucking money and I'm whistling Dixie.

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

But I'm the bad guy whenever I point this out....

I'll say it till the day I leave this earth... Woody doesn't GAS.
    $$$ comes 1st... ALWAYS

If the Logo is your section in the UD, that wouldn't be that bad....

11. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Yea but if it's the sponsor of your section and an ad for the new Fireman Ed app. That wouldn't be too cool for upper deckers at all.

12. rgoltsch

rgoltsch New Member

Thanks for the laugh........It cannot be true, right? if it is true, it is a big FU to then upper deck brigade. But I find it hard to believe that even the Jets are that silly.

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/122763223_Stadium_adding_to_restroom_facilities.html

Jets and Giants season-ticket holders who sit in the stadium's upper level can look forward to 40 percent more men's facilities at the New Meadowlands Stadium this fall, according to stadium Chief Executive Mark Lamping.

Lamping made the announcement before a stadium tour Thursday for sports business executives as part of the three-day Sports Facilities and Franchises event.

"We didn't like — and we know our customers didn't enjoy — some of the wait times for restrooms on the 300 level," Lamping said. "That's was for the men's room. The women's lines were fine."

Lamping also said that stadium staff members were deployed for some games to ensure that fans weren't bypassing the entrances and walking in through the men's room exits at that level. Some fans were getting upset when they saw people "cutting in line," they said.

The $1.6 billion stadium was the site of a challenging first season of weather, Lamping said, with four separate evacuations as a result of inclement conditions, such as lightning or high winds.

"I asked around about how many times that had happened at Giants Stadium [in 34 seasons]," Lamping said. "It happened once. So we've learned about how this building works with weather, so we're putting in some canopies at the 300 level to provide additional rain protection."

Another area of complaint from fans in the upper level was the length of time it took to leave the stadium when games ended.

"What we're getting to — but we're not there yet — is a balance between the different ways for people to get from one spot of the stadium to another," Lamping said. "There are some stairwells that don't get used at all that can get you out of the building in less than five minutes from top to bottom. But the ramps get overloaded, so sometimes it takes as much as 15 or 16 minutes. It's just a matter of getting the crowd properly dispersed by getting the exit opportunities properly balanced."

Fans in the upper level last season paid $85 and $95 per game plus a $1,000 one-time personal seat license fee for Giants games, or $95 and $105 with no PSL for Jets games.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

No details on how they are fixing the bathrooms and whenever they get in the way of directing people, whether in the lot or in the stadium, they make it worse. Now the stair wells will have men in red jackets slowing things down.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

just a heads up----was at a party over the weekend-----a guy I met had not renewed and told the Jets he was done----he had em since the late 60 ' s in his name. His son got the call last week and decided to renew (this happened last week) and although the old man feels like ( myself ) and many others he told the kid ok. He has decided that whatever games he is able to make or chooses to make then he will go with the kid--but it is not a priority for him , he did it for the son. Long story short the tix are still and always were in the old mans name and now they sit 8 rows closer / down for what thats worth.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

ps --the seats were / are good location as far as sideline NOT ENDZONE

17. Section 227. Row 5

I am totally buying this story. Doesn't surprise me one iota. Basically, the same thing happened to me, but I didn't have to completely cancel to get better seats, I just had to whine like hell and threaten to walk. Then all of a sudden, better seats instantly became available. WTF? Dirtbags.

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Because, "Hey, it's a business!"

With some it's either or.
    Either have an owner like Woody who doesn't giva rats ass,
    or one like Hess who cares but was incompetent.

Oh, I'm sorry, heavens forbid we get owners like some of the other teams who care about the fans and strive to have successful franchises...

19. Section 227. Row 5

Yes, well, it doesn't have to be either or. And in running a business, the natural tendency is to want to please your customers in the hopes that they will stick with you through thick or thin. And that strategy often works.

I stuck with Hess through thick and mostly thin. But I'm not sure i'll stick with Woody through too much of the thin. With his attitude, now it's become win or I'm fucking gone, dude. I don't have another 25 years to wait for another VLT. Win now, greedy fucker, or I'll fucking cut you off and walk.

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If they don't play football the whole season, a real possibility if you ask me, then this might be it for me. I am disgusted with sports in general. Yankees charge $35 for parking and if the games rained out, you don't get it back. Imagine that. They are running out of ways to generate more income, how much more can we take? I gave up my 6 Yankee games at $120 a game x 2 tickets, I am done. Staying home. Jets could be next if they strike or Rex is another Jet loser