Sanchez considered not good enough by rest of the league?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfan76, May 9, 2011.

1. RedFox

RedFox Banned

And thats fine that you think that, but it is irrelevant to why me and you are having a discussion.

You challenged my notion about their pre-draft ceiling analysis by suggesting that I was a Sanchez basher. All of this talk about who will be better based on how they have played their first 2 years is another discussion

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Okay, but this thread is about the top 100 players vote based on 2010.

That's what I was talking about.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

RexFox = Scoffaveli3

Both accounts are now permabanned.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

don't know football.

don't know rules of the board.

what a gay.

5. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

If Romo made this list, SAnchez should, but I have a feeling the players are confused in terms of ranking players by this past season or overall success.

6. jonnychan

jonnychan New Member

Okay, then tell me how ceiling is measured. Yes Ceiling also takes into account the player's IQ level, but for the most part Ceiling is a measure of a player's physical attributes and how it gives that player advantage at that position.

I understand that opinions vary, so tell me what is ceiling according to your definition.

7. jonnychan

jonnychan New Member

And @MadBackerPrime: No where in my post you previously quoted did I say Freeman is better than Sanchez at the moment. I am a Bucs fan and I do understand how their situations vary so much that they cannot be compared in that aspect.

Like all the Jets fans here, all the Bucs fans too would not want Sanchez on our team, because Freeman has shown he can carry a less talented team and Sanchez has shown he can take a talented one to playoffs. We have not seen how they would do if they exchange their roles.

8. MadBacker Prime

I'm not repeating again. Come back when Josh plays a meaningful game and wins. You have no clue how he'd handle the pressure, spotlight, and the need to win now.

You needed that Atlanta game and Detroit game, no heroics were shown.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I add intangibles - reading a defense, pocket awareness, leadership, ability in pressure games, impact ability.

Sanchez does excel in some of those categories and vastly improved in others this year.

And when he performs the way he does in the playoffs, its difficult to say he isn't a good QB because he has 5 really bad games that bring his stats down during the regular season and it takes away from the other 11 good to great games he has.

Personally, I hate stats when it comes to football. I'm more of a watch the two players and analyze the situations and circumstances under which they perform. For example, the Jets-Packers game showcased Aaron Rodgers looking like shit statistically, when in fact he had an amazing, smart game that never put his team in harms way.

10. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

So...I guess any schlub can come in and lead their team to 2 straight AFC Championship games in his only 2 seasons. This guy only goes into Cincy, San Diego, Indy and big bad New England and wins them all. In the playoffs. Regarding the bolded part, what the fuck are you talking about? Why is any Jet fan still arguing the point or guys like this?
    /thread.

Sanchez is a dick.

11. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Mick...come on, man. It always comes down to stats. Intangibles mean nothing at the QB position. :rolleyes:
    Fantasy football has wreaked havoc on what people think is great. There is no doubt that Matt Schaub is a great QB, right? If getting to the playoffs is so fucking easy, and any QB can just throw his jockstrap on the field and win a playoff game, then why haven't the Texans (with a breakout RB in Foster and the best WR in the league in Johnson) done jack shit? Why does Tony Romo lose every year in the first round of the playoffs? He has great WRs, TEs, and two capable RBs.
    I could continue to belabor this point for hours, but the naysayers will probably just continue to say Sanchez sucks, so what's the point?
    Last I checked, most QBs get judged on wins and losses. I guess Joe Flacco sucks, too, right?

12. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

My last response to all the Sanchez sucks people....if any QB could have taken the Jets not only into the playoffs, but to the AFC Championship game I have two words for you.

Brett. Favre.

13. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

What the fuck are you talking about?

14. bibigon

bibigon Member

Because the Texans had the worst defense in the AFC? Right? It's still a team sport, no?

Well you're the one saying they get judged on wins and losses. Other people want to pay attention to the context of the situation meanwhile (like who their teammates were). That's all.

15. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i wouldnt say carrying the team. Blount made his year alot easier. and personally, when i hear the term "carry a team" there has to be a destination somewhere post season.

which hasnt happened

hes performed impressively with a worse Defense and OL. that i can say.

that being said ive posted plenty in this thread on my opinions of both QB's. no need to regurgitate

and theres a difference between getting to the playoffs and getting to a Conference championship your first two years in the league.

if sanchez were 0-2 in the playoffs and not 4-2 most jets fans would be about ready to chase him out of town.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Every year Houston is supposed to be a playoff team, every year they fail. If schaub would have led his team to a win at home over the Jets in 2009 they would ahve made the playoffs but schaub led his O to ZERO pts and sanchez(iin his first start) led his O to 24. You can make all the excuses you want but Schaub is nothing but a fantasy QB until he wins some jmaningful games and finally gets that franchise to a postseason.

QBs are judged on how far they lead their teams, #s are part of it but if you are putting up #s and losing what good are they? I'd rtaher have a mediocre #s guy that shows up when it matters most than a great #s guy who disappears when it matters most.

17. bibigon

bibigon Member

We've also seen Schaub come through in the clutch in key moments, and we've seen Sanchez fail in certain other key moments.

The failure of the Texans lays at the feet of the defense that allowed the 3rd most points in the NFL to score. Unless the QB is also the defensive coordinator, I think blaming the quarterback for the defense is a bit much.

18. All Star

All Star Active Member

If it pisses you off that people think Freeman is better than Sanchez you need to take the green glasses off.

Playoff wins are about ALOT more than a QB.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We've seen sanchez actually win big games, we've never seen that from Schaub.

The times Sanchez has failed late in a game are few and far btw.

It's not Sachub's fault by himself but winning QBs don't always have great defenses. Our D was far from great last year and they had an opportunity to blow many games that sanchez rescued them from including the game against Schaub and the Texans. If Schaub leads them to a TD on the last drive Sanchez doesn't have a chance to pull that game out. In '09 they had a 4 game losing streak in Nov/Dec, in only one of those losses did he lead his high powered O to more 18 pts and in that game they scored 20 in the 1st half and didn't score again until garbage time.

It's not as black and white as he has a poor defense, sure that is a big part of the reason but he's had chances w/ teams that were expected to make the playoffs the last few years and he has failed. Until he wins meaningful games he will be a fantasy QB to me.

20. MadBacker Prime

Sanchez has never failed when it really mattered.

Watch the playoff games, both AFC Champ games were lost by our defense. Sanchez actually kept us in it as best he could, more so in Pittsburgh game.

Just one more road playoff win and he holds that record, on top of his 2 rookie playoff records. Oh and BTW, he's only 24!

With the QB rules the NFL has in place now he could end up being our starting QB for 20 years and I'll love every minute of it.