17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

I have had people offer me face and a little more. Im in lower level endzone. It is rare to see that go for less. The demand for that is very high best bang for your buck. Well see though, we will see

Once people show that it is ok to take a loss on Ticket sales and PSL sales it will F*** everyone. So everyone should atleast sell for face. That goes for this year tickets all games rain or shine. The fact that the thanksgiving and dolphins game was going for $20 before the game was bs. People were asking for tickets for free. I ended up selling for face and over face for dolphins a couple of weeks ahead but we all need to act together.

If you let one person get a deal everyone wants it. We all know this!!

#12021 Jerseyboyisback, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
  2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That's not the way the market works. Trying to support prices by "sticking together" is like asking stockholders to not sell shares of Enron if the market is falling and offerings are less than what you paid.

Water is going to seek its own level, my friend. You can't stop it. Proclaiming that "everyone should sell for face" is ludicrous and won't work. The market doesn't give a damn about what you paid for anything. It's all about bid and ask, supply and demand.

Anecdotal evidence already suggests that PSLs were priced over market value right out of the box. No one had any way of knowing that then, however, because the Jets cleverly prohibited resales until after they were finished. That was one of those considerations for me at the time... trying to determine if that were the case or not.

I came to the determination that they were, and that once resales opened up, the market would determine what they were really worth. I think I made the right decision.

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Thanks 17a. Lot 28 should have a little more room this year with the option of parking closer. I have not been browsing lately, anyone get their parking upgrade?

5. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, I did. Yellow costs only $10 more than Orange.

6. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I read an interesting story this weekend about Stubhub and how it allows STH's to get rid of tickets to game they cannot/don't want to attend. In particular, it focused on the ready availability of Yankee/Mets tickets at prices well below face value. While they focused on the sellers, I wondered if it was possible to be a virtual STH using only SH to purchase individual game tickets.

Currently, most Jets (non preseason) tickets are available at a premium to face value. Someday, they will probably be available at below face value. Over time, I think SH makes it possible to be a STH without the committment or the PSL cost.

For this season, I am going to try an experiment buy using SH data to "buy" similar seats to my own.

Rules:
    1. I will buy 4 seats together in the same row;
    2. I will not pay extra for aisle seats;
    3. I will buy one parking pass;
    4. All purchases will be completed at least 2 weeks prior to the games;
    5. I will not buy tickets to PS games b/c nobody wants them anyways;
    6. I will buy tickets to all home playoff games (I am counting on 2!!!); and
    7. The seats will be in the LLEZ (Sections 149, 101, and 103) in rows between 20 & 30.

At the end of the year, I will post my "results" with fees and compare them to the cost of 4 LLEZ seats and 1 parking pass including PSL on 15 year plan.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Interesting experiment. Do it this year and you'll have high-priced results because it is taking place during a season in which everything is blue sky.

Do it again after this year, but during a season following 4-12. Then you can average the two and arrive at a realistic, long-term conclusion.

I already know what the results will be because I've been conducting this "experiment" for the past 26 years, but go ahead and knock yourself out and please do publish the results.

8. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Exactly.

Also, the best deals (whether the Jets are doing well or not) can be had the week of the game. That's when the sellers are panicking and just trying to unload them to get something better than $0.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Well, I generally agree with this, but I've seen seasons in which certain games are sold out if the Jets are doing real well (interestingly, this past year was not one of them)! But there have been other good seasons in which Patriots games or Miami games were just flat out sold out on StubHub with very little inventory remaining and very high-priced inventory at that.

But it's an interesting phenomenon... this past season. Here we are supposedly making a SuperBowl run in a brand new stadium and we're going to "kick everyone's asses" and all the HBO hype and all... and tickets were relatively easy to get... even for Pats and Miami. So this is quite different from anything I've known previously and I don't know what to make of it.

Kinda makes you wonder what's going to happen if (or when) we ever fall from grace and once again join the ranks of the mediocre. What will happen to ticket prices then?

10. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

how much of a kick in the nuts was it opening night new stadium and there where ravens fans EVERYWHERE!!!!!. cheering crying out HEEEEAAAAAPPPP with every catch as if we where in baltimore.

disgusting.

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

In related news, someone just invented a phone that you can carry with you anywhere and don't even need a wire!!

No seriously, did you just come out of a coma? StubHub has been around for a while now and the supply is so liquid that you can see true market prices for most big events. Last year Jets tickets in the Upper Deck could be had for around $75 on average most games. If the weather was crappy there was even sub-$40 tickets.

For the vast majority of events these days (Mets, Yankees, Knicks, Rangers, Jets, Giants) the price will always be the cheapest the closer you are to a game. It is extremely, extremely rare for prices to go up as the game approaches (I only saw 2 of 81 Yankees games do this last year, and no Jets games). The best thing you can do is buy your tickets the day of the game, even when you're in the car and driving if you can buy on your smartphone and print at Kinkos or something

12. Section 227. Row 5

I sold my seats in Section 342, Row 16 and we sat in 335, Row 9 for that game.

There were 4 Ravens fans in Row 8, slightly to the right, on the metal "bleacher" bullshit they set up. I've never seen opposing fans RULE the fucking area like they did.

Standing up on every freaking catch, they turned around and held their balls, laughing hysterically and mocking the "J-E-T-S" chant. When a couple of Jets fans told them to hold it down, they told them to go F themselves. People walking by to get to the stairway were harrassed. It was confront them and get into a horrendous fistfight (which is not beyond my scope of having fun) or let them do their thing and not risk losing some front teeth over it.

Now, I'm really too old for this behavior and besides, my front teeth look real good now. Security was nowhere in sight. Take them on and teach them a good lesson or let them go uninhibited?

I was pissed, needless to say. They were so bold as to look back and scour the audience for anyone who even looked defiant... such as me... then cheer in our fucking direction with every pile-on. If I was only 35 again, those fucking dirtbags would have had thier hands full. My son is 38 and probably thought to himself, "Dad and I can take these assholes, but is it really worth it? And what about my dad?" So he let it go too.

#12032 Section 227. Row 5, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

OCEANS of Ravens fans that nite------------and on top of it all we lost------ugh!
    In the old place I used to have seats in 339 and there were always visiting team fans---worse yet the section just to my rite always had the opposing teams booster club or tavel fans---it sucked!

14. Section 227. Row 5

There was a time..., long ago and in a land very far away... where opposing team fans would show up in fear of their lives. If they even dared show up in fag orange and gay torquoise, they knew better than to flaunt it.

Nowadays, nobody wants to "get involved," so they sit there like little sheep and let the scumbags rule the God Damned section. In the old days (I'm going to say about 1985 or so... the height of the pot-smoking, cocaine use days) when I actually saw a Miami fan go over the railing in the Mezz opposite me. He wound up landing on his back on some seats below in the LL and they took him out of the stadium on a pizza pallet flatboard.

I'm not advocating throwing people like that over the side, but it certainly was a lesson to every Miami douchebag coming to our stadium looking for trouble. Nowadays people just say, "Hey, could you keep it down?", to which the get fucking laughed at and mocked even more. Politically correct Security is useless until these fucking assholes incite all-out riots, and then it's too late and people get hurt.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's a football game, no one should fear for the lives but in the old building we used to get opposing fans in years we sucked. As we got better we saw less and less opposing fans. Now the team is elite but we have a new Stadium that is overpriced which prices out our fans and opposing fans can scoop up more tickets.

16. JLJets

JLJets New Member

17A and 227 - Couldn't agree more. I've been going since Shea and was disgusted with how many Ravens fans were there that night, on a night that was supposed to be our celebration of our new stadium. I sit in upper prime and there were tons - where the crap did they get all those tickets?

My problem was that I couldn't figure out why there were so many that night. And, the number of opposing fans varied dramatically during the season. Some games there were very few, while other games I almost felt outnumbered. Its tough to predict.

Yes, I know some teams have huge travel fans (Pittsburgh, Dallas, for example) but the Ravens? Our home opener in a new stadium? Other than the score and the storm, it put a real put a damper on a night I had waited a long time for.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Thanks for the lecture, but I was being facetious and exagerating as usual. Of course no one should fear for their lives. Maybe fear a good ass-whooping though (heh-heh).

But seriously, yes, you are correct about the overpricing. We all strongly suspected they were going to price out many of the die-hard fans. We were predicting that 30 months ago... and I'll be damned if they didn't.

Truth is, the Jets DON'T CARE how many Dolphins fans, Ravens fans, Pats fans etc. are in the stadium now... it matters not one iota to them. Sure, they get a mouthpiece like Rex Ryan to spew his foolishness about "how nice it is to see all our Jets fans in the stadium" and all the other bullshit. They send out propaganda and nonsense about how they want everyone in their seats on Sunday... even go to the extent of making assinine robocalls to the tune of "We need you in your seats on Sunday" kind of nonsense.

But the bottom line it money. Jack up the ticket prices and even pound it but good with PSLs on top of that. They wound up with prices that are WAY over the top, then jerked around the oldest fans and eventually managed to piss off most of their existing, loyal, die-hard customers in droves and cause them to walk away in disgust.

Now, of course you're going to get obnoxious, unruly, intoxicated Ravens fans to drive up from Baltimore and invade the stands, bying unsold expensive tickets at the last minute for $.30 on the dollar, raising hell and causing mayhem and making it even more uncomfortable for existing Jets fans.

"We want you in the stands on Sunday!" I fucking scoff at that, because if that's what Woody truly wanted, he would have found a way of financing this fucking fiasco over a longer payout than 5 years that would have retained most of the existing crowd. Now they got what they deserve, a fickle attendee fan base at best who will turn on them at the drop of a hat when they hit the skids at 4-12, and the stands will become even more invaded by reckless drunken assholes looking for trouble.

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It's true, some of my favorite moments growing up and going to the games with my Pops was watching the crazy people we've known for years around us do crazy shit.

It was the only place where my Dad would laugh at the misery of others and it was quite the bonding experience. Helping me throw M&M's at Dolphin fans a few rows up was classic.

19. Section 227. Row 5

I'm hoping the Dallas opener goes better than the Ravens opener. The weather and delay really didn't bother us at all... in fact, we kind of enjoyed it and it gave us a chance to really take in the new stadium.... but the thing that stung the most was the loss that night. Seeing those assholes high-fiving and pointing around and laughing. Sanchez looked tentative, even Chad Pennington, dear-in-the-headlights-like, and the Ravens fans smelled it and cheered every 3 and out.

We need to come out kicking Dallas' ass this year and setting the tone. Nothing is more satisfying then seeing opposing teams' fans leaving the stadium with their tails between their legs and being mocked the entire way out.

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Yeah that was a brutal opening but the Pats game made up for that. Even when we were down you could sense in the team and crowd that we were winning that game.