What's your Jets draft grade?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JohnnyThaJet, Apr 30, 2011.

?

Grade?

1. A

21.1%
  2. B

72.5%
  3. C

6.3%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Jamarcus Russel was the leader passer for an nfl team.

Doesn't really mean much to me.

Has nothing to do with him being white, has to deal with him being too small, too weak, and the fact that hes going to get completely dominated by corners at the line.

Its a 7th round pick so its nothing im going to cry about,

Even looking at his college highlights you can see more often or not alot of his big plays seemed like he was going against inferior talent. And his ability to create YAC like guys like Welker, well just doesnt seem to be there. In many of his completions its either theres nobody near him (ie poor coverage) or he goes right down

2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

you say your not judging by race yet you instantly compare him to another small white guy

welker is a rare talent and one of the best after the catch.

its highly unreasonable to expect anything welker like from a 7th rounder

3. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Im saying hes gonna get dominated by corners and cant make YAC like Welker, who happens to be another WR who is the complete opposite of physically gifted.

There isn't exactly a laundry list of receivers in the nfl who happen to be tiny, weak, and not that fast. Which is why Welker and Woodhead came to mind.

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

im saying alot of people dont make YAC like Welker. Welker isnt physically gifted? tell that to defensive coordinators and the numerous ppl he runs circles round to get open.

if what welker did was so easy more ppl would be doing it

Woodhead is tiny, hes not weak or slow.

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

My Grade per Round:

Wilk: (A)..... loved the pick, never thought Wilkerson would be available. Perfect player for Rex's system. I like Wilk's potential better than Heyward.

Ellis: (B+).....Not my first choice, but was on my short list. I would have preferred Acho. I'm not concerned about Ellis' past. We have a "Mountain" in the middle of our defense.

Powell (B).....a good addition if he can stay healthy. Only a one year player with amazing production under a new coach. I think this was a Rex pick, insurance and depth for our running game. Keeps everyone fresh.

Kerley (A-)....Great hands and special team player. Not elite speed, not slow, but plays fast. Could be the answer to the slot position. Could be used in wilcat formations. Has a decnt arm throwing out of the backfield. Sorry to say, Brad Smith probably played his last game in Green & White. I had Kerley in my last Jet's mock.

McElroy (B+)....I loved the pick. Never can have enough smart players on your team, especially at QB. Impressive Kid, Speaks very well, professional and a team player. I get the feeling Tanny wants to move on from KC and Ainge. Mark B's last year.

McKnight (C)......Threw Sanchez a bone, better options were available, especially DBs. May have trouble separating from defenders. Not too much of a big deal, it's only a rd 7 pick.