WW85's 2012 TOP 20 NFL PROSPECTS

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Apr 30, 2011.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

It's waaaay early!!!

My Top 20 for 2012:

Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
    Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
    Matt Kalil, OT, USC
    Alshon Jefferey, WR, South Carolina
    Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan St.
    Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
    Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St
    Matt Reynolds, OT, BYU
    Matt Barkley, QB, USC
    Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
    Mike Adams OT, OSU
    Vinny Curry, DE/OLB, Marshall
    Kenny Tate, S, Maryland
    Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M
    Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Bama
    Vontaze Burflict, ILB, Arizona St
    Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
    Trent Richardson, RB, Bama
    Cliff Harris, CB, Oregon
    Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame

OT is very strong at the top.

A few may not declare.

Comments welcome...add some who you believe should be in the Top 20.

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Michael Floyd should make the list as long as

A) He can overcome his stupid DUI and can still play on the team

B) Not get injured(Again)

C) Not get into any more trouble

He overcomes these 3 things, he could be the 2nd WR taken pending on Jeffrey. Seen this kid play in all of his collegiate career, this guy is a force. Nobody can stop him on a 1 on 1.

Could enter his name in the Supp. Draft though which I bet teams would give up a 3rd or 4th to get Floyd. Depends on how ND handles Floyd after his DUI. Would scream in joy if NYJ gives up a 4th for Floyd which is a heist. Could use a tall WR.

Manti Te'O is a beast though....reminds me of David Harris somewhat. So fluent with the tackling, he is getting much better at it. Hope he can stay for his senior season.

#2 BakerMaker, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  3. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

Dre "Swag"patrick has really committed himself this offseason, he's in the weight room more and is actually becoming a leader on the field as opposed to be a follower last year. He has referred to this year as his "contract year".

Early things I don't like is that he's shorter than listed and he's not an absolute shutdown corner, even after turning it on late last season.

I would watch out for the other CB, Dequan Menzie. He's been compared to Javier Arenas in coverage and blitzing ability, only bigger and faster...

4. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Too bad we won't be picking in the top 20 :wink:

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Te'o and Burfict are both awesome inside LB prospects.

6. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

I want to come away from next years draft with 2 beasts at OLB and ILB.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Dre Kirkpatrick and Cliff Harris are two guys I'm going to be watching intently next season, if for no other reason than wanting to enjoy some great CB play.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

manti teo has a mission to go on after his commitment to notre dame, i would expect him to honor that no matter what.

michael floyd is a great talent, i really dont think he is a bad kid, however he has shown a penchant for being a jackass.

9. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Why no love for Janoris Jenkins and Marcus Forston?

10. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Janoris Jenkins is probably going in the supplemental draft (if it happens)

I'm starting the official Morris Claiborn (CB) bandwagon

11. JohnnyThaJet

Oh wow I totally forgot. I dont kno if we have a supplemental pick but even with the weed issues he's a hell of a pickup.

12. MagillaGuerilla

Rumor is the Packers are willing to drop a 1st on him in the Supplemental Draft.

That could actually be a steal...

13. JohnnyThaJet

Kill me for this but I never really knew how the supplemental draft works.

14. MagillaGuerilla

As I understand it, you put in claims for a player with the highest pick you'd draft him with. If you are the earliest claim, you get that player, but forfeit that same round grade in the next draft.

I'm pretty sure the order is the same as the regular draft, so if both the Bucs and Packers put in 1st round claims for him, he would be awarded to the Bucs in exchange for their 2012 1st Rounder...

15. JohnnyThaJet

WOW if thats the case thats crazy...thats alot but the Bucs would be a great spot for Jenkins.

I wouldnt want the Jets to go for that.

16. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Keep in mind their may not be a 2012 draft, though even if you put a high claim in the summer thats an awful big risk to assume in 10 months the leauge will still be locked out

17. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Guys I'd add the thought process:

Landry Jones, QB Oklahoma JR. Big with a strong, accurate arm, his footwork is shitty but he's got all the tools. He improved tenfold from his forced starts as a freshman to last year, and if he does it again he could be the lock #2 overall pick. Oh, and he has one of the most dangerous players in the country (RB) and at least three other very talented, experienced receivers returning (inc. Kenny Stills, one of the nation's best frosh WRs from last year). I personally think he's better than Matt Barkley, but they're very close and both have a lot of room to grow. I do believe that Barkley is more of a gamer and Jones will probably test better with the arm strength/size.

Brandon Jenkins, DE Florida State JR. Pure passrushing monster. Kid can get after the QB better than anyone in the nation, and he's got the athleticism to pick his hand up and play LB. If he was that good in his first year as a starter, wait until next season.

Jayron Hosley, CB Virginia Tech JR. Football magnet. He just makes plays, whether it's on defense or special teams, the kid just makes an impact. I'm not sure about his straight line speed, but short area there won't be any corners that are more explosive. And he has the best ball skills of just about any player in the nation, on offense or defense. If he measures a legit 5'10 and adds some weight he'd be a monster ballhawking free safety.

Knile Davis, RB Arkansas JR. Big physical back with some speed and agility you would not expect. Reminds me a LOT of Michael Turner, not afraid to shake you or knock you over.

Bruce Irvin, DE West Virginia SR. I don't know what exactly to do with a 6'1 230 lb DE, but the kid is a beast. He won't be a high pick, and doesn't belong in the top 20, but I'd take him on my team any day.

Alfonzo Dennard, CB Nebraska SR and Chase Minnifield, CB Virginia SR. Both guys COULD be better than their senior counterparts from this year. Dennard probably won't be even though he's very impressive, but Minnifield already is.

Chris Polk, RB Washington JR. Anyone that watched Washington last year and didn't see that Polk was the best player on that offense doesn't know football. Over 2500 yards over the last two years, and a constant threat as a receiver out of the backfield, he stepped up in- every game the Huskies needed him. 140 yards on just 17 touches vs. USC, came back from a crappy first game vs. Nebraska for 34 carries and 199 total yards in the Bowl game, and 284 yards in the Apple Cup. Looks small but is really just compactly built, reminds me of a young Clinton Portis.

And lastly, one of my favorite players in college football, who I've discussed in depth with at least one other poster:

Courtney Upshaw, LB Alabama, SR. Love this guy, wherever he lines up on a defense he'll be great. He can run, rush the passer, blow things up in the backfield, everything you'd look for in a 34 OLB. I look forward to him having a HUGE season next year (and a bounce back from Hightower can't hurt).

_________

As for guys already on the list:

Vinny Curry is a beast, but he's still pretty raw. Has the frame to add some weight and strength, which he'll need because he relies too much on speed rushing. Plays kind of out of control, so you know Rex will love him.

Love Matt Kalil as a prospect. The ESPN crew mentioned how it was weird that Tyron Smith didn't block the blindside for USC, I just laughed and said that was because Kalil is better. Reynolds is still a RT to me unless he shows he can firm up his body and add quickness.

The receivers are monsters, Jeffrey and Blackmon are, as a pair, better than Green and Jones to me. Of course after them the receiving class is still potentially stacked.

I also think that Kirkpatrick and Barron (not on there but always talked about) are both going to make serious steps next season. Barron should get back to where he was, and Dre will make good on all that promise. Though I'd agree with Magilla that Menzie is a player to watch, he flashed to me watching Bama almost as much as his highly touted counterpart.

#17 Green Hurricane, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
  18. Trifco

Trifco New Member

Shayne Skov bandwagon here.
    LB, Stanford.

[YOUTUBE]ieo_ansbJmA[/YOUTUBE]

19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

After watching that video, I'm sold on this kid's attitude for Ryan's defense. This guy just looks like he'd have Bart Scott's mouth.

Would like to see him get his hand on the ball in coverage more, though.

/judgement based solely on highlights from one game

#19 CatoTheElder, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
  20. SuperNova

SuperNova New Member

Vinny Curry is a fiend. He is relentless, and he's constantly in the backfield.

If he recovers well from his injury, and can put on a little more size, then I would be quite happy to see the Jets take a look at him.