17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Anybody planning on going to the Ravens and Eagles away games? I might pull the trigger on two tickets earlier then later, the prices aren't too bad on Stubhub right now.

2. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I wouldn't buy more seats based on the fact that this years schedule will be a money maker. You might make a shit load of money selling them this year but who is to say the Jets will have a great schedule for the next 20+ years. It's not worth it IMO but do what you think is right. Also those club seats are pretty pricey and you won't get face for the preseason games and probably won't even get face for the Jets vs Chefs and Jets vs Jags.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I'm definitely going to the Ravens game, but probably not the Philly game. I've already been to a few games in Philly and the fans really are assholes.

4. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Yes Philly game maybe worse than the Pats playoff game I went to but both are very bad!!

I am thinking about both if I go maybe Philly since its closer.

Thanks for the help with the tickets!! I will find a way to get face for all regular season games preseason all you need to say is preseason lol

5. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I went to the Jets Eagles preseason game last year and granted they didn't buy me beer or clean off my seat they weren't to bad. I assume a regular season game is 100 times worse lol! I am going regardless I am going and probably will buy some tix off of Stubhub when more have been listed.

Jersey boy how many games do you usually make it to per year?

#11945 GrindHouse, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Yeah preseason doesn't matter so the fans wouldn't really care and most of the asshole fans probably sold their tickets anyway.

7. Jerseyboyisback

I lucked out being at school at University of Cincinnati. We didnt start till sept 24th. So last year made it to ravens, Pats, Vikings (Continental Weekend Special), Bengals (ThanksGiving break), Dolphins, Could have went to bills but drove back to school. Luck out for Colts playoffs, flew home for pats game and drove to pitt for championship game.

Also went to browns game in cleveland since my roomates rents live up there and that wasnt a bad trip.

Last year I lucked out but this year I will try to go to most of them. I also bought alot of tailgating stuff so I may start throwing partys. Feel free to join. We are usually 4-8 people pending who in the family all wants to go and then friends and then if I can get top $ I sell 4 and keep 4 so usually go for free.

But love going to the games and tailgating. It is just tough being out of college looking for a job and paying these PSL's off ASAP so I dont have to waste 10000 on interest of 15 years.

Do you go to alot?? Looking for people to join in tailgating

8. Jerseyboyisback

I will probly go to a preseason game to test out the new tailgating equipment. Otherwise pointless to go and dont get any money. Last year I think I got 350 for 8 tickets. Makes me sick.

9. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I have four seats and last year I made it to both preseason games and ended up getting more then face for 2 of my Giants tickets. I don't see that happening this year so I will probably be using all four seats for both preseason games. Those are also great seats to take family members to because you don't eat too much of the cost. I made it to 5 of the 8 regular season games last year and will probably make it to all 8 this season but might not use all four seats though. Also planning on a road trip, looking at either Washington, Baltimore or the quick and easy trip to the Link this coming season. Only bad thing about our schedule is the fact that we have a lot of night games which don't really work well with Kids and school the next mornings. So I will probably be using all four for the 1pm games and sell the others seats or take family members/friends for free lol. I will shoot you a pm with my info when it gets closer to the start of the season.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Just got back from South Florida----WHAT A GREAT TRIP!! Let me just say the few days I spent at Disney with my family made a memory that will last a lifetime--so glad we went. BUT I STRAY--------as far as this years schedule, once again I have zero regrets about giving up my seats---3 home nite games does nothing for me. I personally hate nite games and then to add insult to injury my kids are just too young to bring to those games. Add on the XMAS eve game that I would have zero chance at attending regardless of start time--just too much running around to be done on that day.
    Now back on topic-----------> my cousin gets a call and a few e mails while I / we are away---Jet Rep to sum it up is telling him they did not receive his invoice money yet. Cuz tells the rep he has zero interest in renewing--rep asks the standard " why" questions cuz gives the answers most of know by heart----the guy then asks " what if we upgraded your seat location, would that interest you" Cuz said " not interested " he did not even care where the location would be----shame that this is how many of us feel nowadays but it is what it is. :breakdance:

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

No mention of FIVE 1pm games, just the night games,how convienient. Yeah, opening night on 9/11 against the Cowboys is a real bummer. And a Sunday night game against the Pats is tough to take. You are full of CRAP!!!! Disney sucks once your kids get past 10, same old same old. When we win the Championship game at home, I am gonna laugh at you. I have some 227 in me

#11951 sec314, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I think I should tell you 314 that you do not have an ounce of 227 in you---227 has class! If you disagree with what I wrote that is your choice but to personally attack me or what I wrote makes you a douche! Yes I always hated nite games--I have to be at work very early A.M. so even when I was single (over 25 yrs ago ) I STILL HATED Monday and Sunday niters.
    As far as the Cowboys on 9/11 all I can say is that day aint about football for me so yeah it's a bummer no matter how you want to talk about it.
    As for the Early games this year I think they are great---most likely I will be at ALL of them --enjoy your day all

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am glad you are happy being an ex STH. Stop telling us how happy you are, we don't care!!!! You will be hurting this fall and you no it.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

In sticking with this thread I thought some people might want to know that although April 1st came and went that 3 weeks later THE JETS are still calling people and asking them if they want to upgrade seat locations.
    As for me being happy that I am an ex season ticket holder that is not the case--> I NEVER wanted to give up my seats but with the well documented stuff as far as the height of this new place and the escalators and ,parking/ yada yada yada, the REP lies ,the Jets made my decision easy. I am just glad that I did not decide to go one more year, ya know give it one more chance--> pay my invoice only to see this schedule after the fact-- if I had stayed my kids would have only made half the regular season games. REGARDLESS I hope that we all see a CHAMPIONSHIP GAME / win OR 2 in the new place :beer:

15. sg3

sg3 Banned

glad you had a great time at Disney

hopefully you get to go to a few games via stubhub or some other way in the LL or Mezz where you can actually see and enjoy the games

16. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

I'll admit I had a few twinges of regret when the schedule came out. Still banking on being able to get any single game tix I want for not much of a markup.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the honesty ASB, that's all I expect. I don't care if someone goes or not, hell, I am disgusted with the place to, just don't give me this crap about how happy you are going to Mickey world in place of going to Jets games when the season has not started. I wish all ex-STH the best, we will miss you, and you will miss us. This is a great time to be a STH because of the TEAM.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I don't quite understand why some guys get SO BENT outta shape when someone like myself posts how happy they are they did not purchase a cockamammy PSL or did not renew their season tix? I don't have a hard time with you guys still having ST, in fact I honestly hope the place (no matter how much I hate it ) stays packed and gives the Jets a huge / loud home field advantage. I will still attend many games but just not as a ST holder. I have 40 plus years of attending Jet games under my belt---that said I have oceans of Jet memories-so does my family-some good some bad---now I have a Disney Memory ( bought with the season ticket money I saved )that my kids will never forget and you have an issue with that? Tell you what , I will keep posting how happy I am not to have season tix ( maybe I will make it part of my signature ) and you can keep bad mouthing me or saying how Disney blows once your older than 10 years old ,,,whatever because whether someone attends zero games in person or goes to every single one it does not make them any less a fan. I will still be going to games because tickets just like last year are out there for anyone who wants them If I go thru friends or if someone wants to get them via stubhub,, the tix once again will be out there--so 314 you do not have to miss me too much as I will still be at many of the games .
    PS Thanks SG3 but I thought you were gone forever and eva, when and why exactly did you return :breakdance:

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Just admit you are going to miss going to the games, I am just raging on you because you are trying very hard to seem happy and that's total BS. You will be dying inside the Sat. night before the 1st 1pm game, once a STH, always a STH. Just admit it. Its great you put your family first. Good man

20. sg3

sg3 Banned

he made his decision and he is happy with it. Great for him.

thousands in the UD made a similar decision and I hope they too are happy with it

It's all a matter of priorities

some rank really good seats for Jet home games higher than others

some rank a trip to Disney higher than any sort of seats for Jet home games

some can afford both good seats and terrific travel

I am thankful that, financially, I am currently in that boat.

"It's a small world, after all, it's a small world, after all"