Cimini calls DeVito's comments "OchoCinco-like"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

This is total bullshit! Cimini seriously needs to fired. I can't believe sticking up for your defense is OchoCinco-like. If YOU were on playing on the Jets defense wouldn't you be pissed off if Dilfer called you that? It wasn't like Devito was misspoke about the facts either.

2. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

That's nuts. DeVito's comments are absolutely minimal in comparison to some of the shit said on twitter. He's not even shit talking, just defending his unit by stating a fact.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

For most players, a comment like that wouldnt raise many eyebrows. But for DeVito, one of the least-quoted players on the team, it's downright OchoCinco-like.

Kind of sounds like he's speaking comparatively

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I love Mike DeVito!! (No homo)

5. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Thats probably what he meant, but so he's saying that DeVitos comments are noteworthy because he doesn't talk much? I can't truly tell if he's after Dilfer for his comments or he's saying that DeVito is at fault for his comeback...

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Writers are just bored right now, if there was free agency nobody would have even known that Dilfer had even said that shit on SportsCenter to begin with.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this is a non story, stop reading so far into things guys.

now if the headline said what yours does then i would have a problem.

8. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Ocho Cinco would have called a press conference to challenge Dilfer to a bicycle race across the Brooklyn bridge for charity, after which he would announce the unveiling of his new clothing line, Smoke n' Mirraz. He may have even mentioned that he has teammates or something.

9. Trifco

Trifco New Member

"For most players, a comment like that wouldnt raise many eyebrows. But for DeVito, one of the least-quoted players on the team, it's downright OchoCinco-like."

Mmh... the ability to turn that phrase into something negative about Cimini's article is the same ability that Cimini, Francessa and many others have perfected in time to turn every jet news into something negative about the jets.

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Wow why would you get your panties in an uproar over a comment that was meant in jest. He was just making a joke.

Cimini is usually a gigantic gaping faggot that needs to be pushed into a fire. There is nothing to see here.

11. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

dilfer is 100% correct though. our defense is smoke, and mirrors...besides revis. that just shows how good of a unit the d is, and how good the coach is.

12. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

I don't agree. If anything, most coaches have figured Rex's D out, it's the talent of guys like Ellis, Scott, Harris and Pouha that drove that unit.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If your schemes are figured out, you don't produce 3rd best defense in the league.

Moreover, didn't you see the befuddled look of Belicheat during the 28-21 win? Is that how you got the other defense figured out? I didn't think so.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

nothing is further from the truth.

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

What Zach said.

I really don't have any problem with the Cimini comment. DeVito almost never talks so this is a huge step out of character for him. Just by calling it OchoCinco-esque doesn't automatically make it a negative connotation. Now, if he called it TO-esqu it would be another matter.

#15 CatoTheElder, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  16. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Cimini is such a clown. Even by his usual low standards this is a reach.

17. Elijah

Elijah New Member

Not going to pretend like I know who Cimini is, but he's obviously not a good reporter.

18. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Ok I take that back. What really was thinking was that there was a stretch down the middle of the season where we weren't getting sacks or picks, and our blitzes just were not working at all (third down overload blitz anyone?). I don't agree that we had the third best defence. We were third best in yards but I am pretty sure we weren't that amazing in points allowed, there were plenty of games where the offence carried us. Later in the season guys like Ellis and Pouha really picked up their games.

19. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

offseason.

20. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.