Major program to be outed for major recruiting violations

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by vinsjets, Mar 2, 2011.

1. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

That's what Colin Cowherd said during his radio show yesterday (per collegefootballtalk.com). Here's the text from CFT:

They say it's not Auburn and it's not Oregon.

SEC school?

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

3. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Just praying it's not my Gators. We look bad enough lately as it is.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...define "bad" ?

5. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Between Urban Meyer flip-flopping and our ever-growing rap-sheet we don't need any more bad press. That's supposed to be reserved for "The U" down here.

6. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Does this have something to do with that SI article coming out this week about college players who commit crimes? I mean obviously recruiting violations is one thing but I wonder if the SI piece has anything to do with it

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Will Muschamp was one of the top head coaching candidates in the country - that's a good hire.

The recruiting class was damn good, as usual.

The coaches just need to get control over their program and that shit will stop for the most part. Every major program deals with certain players with off-the-field issues.

I definitely think South Carolina is the best team in the SEC East now, but Florida will be back.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

at least you didn't have a potential championship season ruined by scandal like the heels. Good thing that wasn't the basketball team or I would have been really upset.

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

LOL @ an ACC team being a potential championship team

10. nyjunc

The Heels would have been a contender, just look at all the talent the Heels are producing for the draft and w/ most of those guys not playing the heels still had a good season.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

They definitely lost a ton of talent in that clusterfuck that still really hasn't been figured out, but they had no shot at making it to the BCS title game.

I picked them to win the Coastal Division before the suspensions, but let's be realistic: no one in the ACC had a legitimate shot at playing for a national title this year.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

if its not Auburn or Oregon, which would have been my first two guesses in that order..

I could see it possibly being the Gators, with Urb skipping town mysteriously just in time..

My other guess: Ohio State, the clown has been recruiting schmucks for years any school who claims to be recruiting fairly but suits up Maurice Clarett and even a "younger" Santonio Holmes among others throws up a red flag to me..

Last guess: Alabama- you can't trust Saban ever

13. nyjunc

I think they would have had a shot. They lost a heartbreaker in SEC Country to LSU w/ half the team suspended. I think they would have had a shot but it's too late to worry about it now. I respect your opinion though, you know CFB better than I do.

14. milo

milo Well-Known Member

^Hence my overwhelming (and hopefully totally unfounded) paranoia...

The first time he left I got it. The second time still doesn't sit right with me. That and the fact that I never listen to Cowherd, and happened to hit him up right as he was talking about this sent a chill up my spine.

We've had some great moves as of late and as long as the last regime didn't leave us a time-bomb we should be back to normal.

I wish they'd out this thing already.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'll be first person to admit that UNC was one of the most talented teams in the country before their best players were suspended. That conference just has too many weak teams to be respected.

I'll also admit that I want the ACC to be a relevant Big Six conference again - hopefully UNC, Miami, FSU, VT, and Clemson will start playing the way we know they can.

...but right now, no one's going to catch the SEC for quite some time.

16. nyjunc

It starts w/ UM and FSU, if they can get back to the old days it will elevate the conference.

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

As much as I hate Clemson, it's a damn good program that has the ability to make a lot noise in the next few years.

Their defense is always good and they brought in some top tier offensive recruits this year.

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

How is nobody mentioning USC? Pete Carroll bolted and they were relatively punished lightly for the Reggie Bush thing. Lane Kiffin doesn't exactly strike me as Mr up and up and you know the NCAA has been in their ass for the last 3 years both in football and basketball. While my guess is it's not SC they would be near the top of my list.

19. IATA

IATA Trolls

I wouldn't call USC a top program anymore, at least not the last couple seasons.

Guessing, I'd say maybe Ohio St or Florida.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...just because they can't participate in bowl games doesn't mean they're not a top program.

USC is one of the most prestigious programs in the country - they consistently have top five recruiting classes.