Sanchez Sex w/17 year old? (17 is legal)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by InRevisWeTrust, Feb 4, 2011.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlN3oEjMpUQ[/youtube]

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

^ yes!!

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Didn't Sanchez do that Jets Camp West thing?

Couldn't that be viewed as a violation of probation?

Isn't Sanchez on probation?

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I hope he doesn't get deported.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

if my 17 yr old daughter had a chance to fuck mark sanchez in exchange for a few game tickets and she refuesed, i'd kick her out of the house.

6. Scottso

Scottso Member

Actually you're the one whose ignorant here. Sanchez's residence is in New Jersey, not California. But it doesn't matter anyway, you have to follow the laws of the area you're in. I'm in the field dude, I would know. You don't know what you're talking about. And what you say about fireworks is wrong too. The difference is it's not illegal to go down South and buy fireworks in a state that sells them, you didn't commit a crime until you enter a state that it's illegal to possess them. So in New Jersey you're in violation of the law for possessing fireworks, not because you bought them in South Carolina.

7. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

So none of you have thought a girl was legal, been lied to by the girl regarding her legality, and hit it only to find out she was 17? Sanchez has done no wrong here. If she was 16 or younger, I'd be a little pissed at him. But 17 can pass for 20 easily with tits.

8. jets1960

jets1960 New Member

Yawn fest. Much ado about nothing.

9. If it was ANYTHING of a story, the Post (or possibly the Daily News, but more likely the Post) would have run with it. It's been more than 24 hours since deadspin broke it. The silence from the tabloids suggests it's much ado about nothing.

10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Is she hot?

11. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

this is either the most funny shit I ever heard, or the saddess?

12. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

This is a poorly written sentence.

13. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

[​IMG]

lol

14. yomega80

yomega80 New Member

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDEfzxd2jwg[/YOUTUBE]

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

How do you do it?

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

really though, what was mark to do? cut off her leg and count the rings? if she SAYS she's horny i mean legal than you gotta do what you gotta do. just gotta.

17. Trifco

Trifco New Member

Tomorrow in deadspin:

NYJ fan NDMick had sex with a 16 yo girl.
    The girl got into a pub with a fake id and once there admitted to Mick that she was younger, but lied once again and said she was 17.
    When asked about it, the defendant just kept on shouting "it was for MY quarterback, it was for my quarterback!!!"

18. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

You may be in the "field" but you're not a lawyer. I am. My initial post was concerning his domicile in CA if he had one. If his domicile isn't in California then he has nothing to worry about.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

[​IMG]

20. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

I don't have time to write you all a legal brief on the issues here. Even if I did and cited the caselaw it would be difficult for you all to analyze and understand it. So sorry, not going to take the time to write a legal brief for a Jets forum.

As for your first question about living and working in NY/NJ for a majority or large percentage of the time, that's a good question and I do think that would be taken into account. They've changed the law on this to focus on travel rather than intent. So definitely an argument could be made his travel to NY is based on his job, not to have sex with a 17 year old.

As to your second question, you must abide by the laws of the state you're in as well as the state you are from. States have concurrent jurisdiction over you. A state, generally, has jurisdiction over you if you are physically in it or the state of your domicile. Think "jurisdiction" not how I phrased "laws follow you." I was trying to make it simple. The same thing applies to foreign jurisdiction in another country. If you travel to China and commit a crime under Chinese law you'll be prosecuted under Chinese law. If the crime was also a federal or state law and you return home you could be prosecuted by the state or federal government for the same crime. But if it isn't a crime here in the United States but is in China, you'll still get prosecuted in China. About the only thing I can think of that would save you in China is diplomatic immunity which is more a matter of international law. I digress. States are sovereign entities. Just because you cross a state line doesn't mean you automatically shed all your state domicile laws.