Sanchez Sex w/17 year old? (17 is legal)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by InRevisWeTrust, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Jets4lyfe

Jets4lyfe Member

Non issue.

#221 Jets4lyfe, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  2. Oasis

Oasis Member

3. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Nice Flame on Bart. LOLz

#223 fozzi58, Feb 6, 2011
  4. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

You guys annoy me with your ignorance:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_age_of_consent
    (The stuff about parents consent is misleading, but the rest is right.)

Yes, "intent" is part of the law but "intent" is mens rea - how does one prove intent? Courts look at what you DO. Thus, if your domicile is California and you cross state lines and have sex with a 17 year old in New York and the Age of Consent is 18 in CA then is a crime. The laws of your state's domicile follow you. This is to protect minors. Same thing happens if you leave the country and have sex with a 14 year old in some country that allows it. You'd get nailed for it when you arrived back in the United States. (Provided there's evidence and its illegal in your home state.) Whether you actually "intended" to or not - the fact you crossed state lines or left the country and did it is enough.

As for the guy complaining about being able to buy fireworks in another state and hiring a prostitute - yes that's illegal. Your local police department probably doesn't give a crap, but yes its illegal and if your home state really wanted to prosecute you they could.

#224 Pluvrr, Feb 6, 2011
  5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Considering you can kill someone in the NFL and barely do jail time, Sanchez's isn't going to see shit.

This story will not take off.

6. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Except Sanchez met the girl in a club in NY. So he obviously didn't transport her from Cali to have sex with her. You just don't seem to get it.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

no he doesn't.

This is such a non fucking story.

I think we should all go to a club and find a 17 year old girl who got in with a fake ID and bang her in honor of our QB, just to show the world that you can't get arrested for it in NYC.

I'll do it for My Quarterback.

I'm younger than Sanchez so its less creepy for you puritans.

8. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

kobe bryant did worse when he found vanessa - fuck deadspin -

9. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

Again, no it's not. That "wiki" answers was ambiguous at best. Again, as stated above, the issues applies only if you transport a minor from your state to another with the intent of circumventing your state laws. Or gross sexual misconduct (i.e. Traveling out of country to fuck a 12 year old). Now if that girl is somehow also a California resident, then there might be something.

As for fireworks/whores/gambling/booze, etc, those are all examples of interstate commerce, and are regulated/enforced by federal law. It is absolutely legal to go to other states to engage in those activities.

Or maybe, just maybe, Nevada is simply giving the big "fuck you" middle finger to the majority of the US.

10. thirtyoddfreestyle

i wonder is she shaves a landing strip .. would help the jet find its target

11. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Pluvrr also doesn't understand NY/PA fireworks laws.

12. thirtyoddfreestyle

cant find nudy pics - ARRRGH

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I was asking you a question. What you posted didn't make sense to me, and you weren't here to respond to questions about it. Now you respond with wikianswers as if it's a solid source and call me out for being ignorant. I never claimed to be an expert on the subject, but I am not taking wikianswers as the expert. If you are some sort of expert give us a legit source and tell us how you're an expert.

Even if that wikianswers is a legit source, look at the wording of it (vague). "Courts look at what you DO". So if he works and lives in NY/NJ for the majority or a large percentage of the time shouldn't that be considered over a piece of paper stating his primary residence is somewhere else?

Now please answer my question. If what you and wikianswers seems to claim is true, how does that work when you travel from NY -> CA? If it's 17 in NY and 18 in CA do my "homestate" laws follow me allowing me to bang 17 YO's in CA? This is my biggest problem with what you're claiming. How does that protect what they consider minors in CA?

14. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

My guess would be that it's likely at this time in Sanchez's life his residence is where ever he lives on the east coast.

15. NyerInTex

NyerInTex New Member

The hits just keep on coming....

16. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

If a 17 year old girl claims she got a text from an NFL QB on Facebook, it's obvious that he has sex with her.

Everybody knows that.

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Wasn't one of the selling points of Prop 19 to eventually attract more tourists since people from out of state can come and smoke legally smoke pot?

18. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Agreed. He works in NJ and lives in NJ. Why would California have anything at all to do with any of this?

19. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Especially since he mostly been in NJ since he got drafted. He spent basically the whole offseason in NJ rehabbing last offseason.

20. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Apparently not, the cops will be waiting at your door in your home state once you get back. They definitely don't have other stuff to do.