Revis wants jets to bring back cromartie

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by S.HOLMES.10, Feb 3, 2011.

1. grayburn

grayburn Member

I definitely agree that a starting cb is more important, I just think (hope is probably a better word) that Wilson will be ready to fill that role. His skills are much better suited for the outside of the field.

2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

True, I am acknowledging that Tanny is genius with the cap and one the most brilliant GMs in terms of cap allocation. That said, we're not sure of what the cap will be like, who Tanny and Rex have as players that they consider needs vs wants in the resigning process.

Lastly, we don't know who Tanny has his eyes on as a potential replacement if they let one of these guys walk. For example, who knows what Plaxico will be like when he gets out of jail, but he will certainly come cheaper than one of our starting WRs. Despite the fact that the media thinks we're the East Coast Raiders in terms of poor player character, Tanny and Rex have done a great job bringing "problem" players and getting them to be productive...maybe we can keep Cro without losing too much talent at WR. So you never know.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

asomania obviously

4. thesanchise1

thesanchise1 New Member

Whether Revis wants better teammates, the best players in the league rarely take pay cuts. It's an ego thing and it will never change.

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100%
    One of the hardest spots to be in is the corner opposite Revis playing bump and run. Teams attack that spot relentlessly, and we don't know yet if Wilson can handle all that.

I'd like to see Cro signed again. If Wilson's development is outstanding like we all hope, we have 3 really good corners, and can potentially trade Cro down the line.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I would pursue Asomugha simply because Cromartie is a flaming greenhornet of a human being. But I'm sure I'll get over it in about five seconds if we bring him back.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

We may hope Wilson will have a big improvement in his play by next season, but I sure didn't see much from him this past year. As a first round pick completing his first year, it is reasonable to think he will improve, but as of Opening Day, I doubt it will be enough to handle the opposite side of the field from Revis.

In fact I highly doubt it.

8. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I think they'll keep Cromartie based on Rex's statements. They picked up Cromartie to beat Indy and the Pats, as stated by Rex. Well guess what, they beat those teams in the playoffs and those teams will still have 2 of the best QBs in the game next year. Also, Rapesberger had a pretty good game against the Jets, but not b/c of the corners. And we didn't see him throwing deep at all. I say Cromartie will stay.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

That's a good point that I hadn't thought of. And surprisingly, Cro wasn't one of the culprits in all the missed tackles in the first half against Pitt.

10. Kid.Supreme

Kid.Supreme Banned

my question to you is, do you think that realistically the Jets will be able to retain Holmes, Edwards, Smith, Harris and Cromartie?

I think Cromartie will be able to resigned with an incentive laden contract without a huge guarantee, I think Cromartie will also identify that the Jets are the best fit for him. I mean, before he event played a snap, the Jets forwarded him money to pay off child support. I've never heard of an organization doing that before..

Harris was promised a contract also in the offseason.. so the Jets will certainly resign him to a huge contract.

But Santonio and Edwards were crucial in the development of Mark Sanchez. You could see how comfortable he got throwing to them down the stretch and trusting them to make big plays. Sanchez needs consistency to get better.

11. thesanchise1

thesanchise1 New Member

I don't think the Jets could retain all of them. Wasn't there no salary cap? What's going to happen when there is a salary cap. There's no way they can retain them...

12. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

Revis shuts down one side of the field, if you guys generated more pressure up front, the other half of the field only needs to be solid.

Where you need to invest money in the 3-4 is into your front 7. Jenkins is too injury prone to rely on anymore, and your linebackers need an overall upgrade if you are going to run an effective 3-4.

I think you guys are solid on offense, provided you can hang onto Edwards and Holmes.

If you can lock up Cromartie for solid money then do it, but if he wants top CB money gotta let him go and move on with the guy you invested a 1st rounder in this year.

13. RexLuvzSnax

RexLuvzSnax Member

Quoted for truth. Hell, revis' high contract demands are a big reason why cro might not be able to return next year. He should keep quiet and let big mike t take care of business.

14. mayoclinic

mayoclinic New Member

Please God no, he is terrible. I don't mind using one first rounder on another cornerback.

15. Kid.Supreme

Kid.Supreme Banned

.. is it too early to write off kyle wilson as a bust?

16. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

waaayyyyyyyyy too early

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

really? ugh.

18. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

If somehow there's a couple CB start making more money than him next season or two seasons later, who would be surprised to see Revis skipping games again for the new max money deal?

Revis is a great player but his opinions on signing other FA shouldn't matter to anyone.

19. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

It would be nice to have him back just so we have the same player opposite Revis for the first time in his career in back to back seasons.

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Antonio Cromartie 02/05/2011 04:49 PM ET
    @Revis24 The best tandem in the NFL will be back together for the 2011 season.

:beer: :beer: :beer: